Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just so you all know, Tribes is in OB

omega78omega78 Member UncommonPosts: 260

https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/

I just wanted to inform those that have yet learn, that Tribes: Ascend has entered Open Beta and will be f2p etc, etc. Usually, I wouldn't post a blatant thread for a game, but I must say...I am not one to enjoy FPS's but Tribes is certainly a fun game. 

The combat is very fast paced, and if you are looking for a different mmofps I suggest trying Tribes. 

I...don't really have much to say, just if you haven't heard of it and are looking for a shooter, give it a go. Hope you all have fun if you do play, I wish you all a pleasant evening.

Comments

• ZiakyraZiakyra Member UncommonPosts: 33

Thanks for the tips, been interested in this game.

Downloading as we speak :)

• ololuluololulu Member UncommonPosts: 164

Fun game for now, since i got nothing else to play ;-)

• SidraketSidraket Member Posts: 79

Im currently playing this. Its a fun game but their limited number of maps makes it get kind of old fast.

It has a fairly good cash shop model too. The only thing you can buy with gold that you can not also unlock with exp, is boosters to double your exp rate and name changes.

And with the new unlockable badges they put in last patch (achievements with an exp reward on the end), its not hard to get enough exp to unlock/upgrade a single class pretty well even with out any exp boost.

To anyone wanting to try the game and not wanting to buy gold i would recommend you make one separate account for each class you are interested in, and just farm the easy to get badges in order to get exp quickly for unlocks.

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220

Thanks for posting this, didn't even know it was going on!  downloading as I type!!!

Yes I played SWTOR.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

This game deserves lots of people

I have lots of respect for hi-rez since global agenda and they deserve each new customer

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• KelthiusKelthius Member UncommonPosts: 298

A few tips/warnings.

Indoor combat is mostly ballistic spam. People fire explosives and throw grenades at random so there is little skill involved.

Outdoor combat requires more skill, but Spinfusors and Thumpers are really the only viable way.

Automatic weapons and pistols are vastly underpowered for anything other than finishing someone off.

Conserve your energy or people will eat you. Dodging without energy is hard.

If you are having any trouble, look up some recent (within a month or 2) videos on youtube.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Originally posted by Kelthius

A few tips/warnings.

Indoor combat is mostly ballistic spam. People fire explosives and throw grenades at random so there is little skill involved.

Outdoor combat requires more skill, but Spinfusors and Thumpers are really the only viable way.

Automatic weapons and pistols are vastly underpowered for anything other than finishing someone off.

Conserve your energy or people will eat you. Dodging without energy is hard.

If you are having any trouble, look up some recent (within a month or 2) videos on youtube.

I have no issue killing people indoors you say no skill if there was no skill then yeah I would complain seen as I use a pathfinder 90% of the time with a spin fusor to clear gen rooms out seen as I can't switch because gens are down.

• ShiningMeowShiningMeow Member UncommonPosts: 3

It would be more fun if they fixed the cost of buying stuff with exp. Currently, it takes 14-18k to unlock a class. Most guns are 75k to unlock and perks are 18k each. F2P people get screwed bad because we'll only get 1k average per game (15+ min rounds in CTF) and 1.2k for first win of the day.

I've played a total of 26 hours and I haven't even unlocked any of the perks, I've been spending all my exp trying to unlock all the classes and upgrading some of the vanilla equipment.

My tip for beginners? Stick to one class and upgrade it a lot. There's a bunch of helpful things like 20% damage against armored targets, more hp, ammo, etc.