Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for MOBA With Custom Heroes

Gabriel-KnightGabriel-Knight Member UncommonPosts: 89

Title pretty much explains what i'm searching for: a game like DotA / HoN but with custom heroes instead of the premade ones. That means, you create a character (race / class / etc), but instead of questing and going to dungeons, you just enter the arena and pvp the hell out of it, gaining levels and items (or gold to buy them) in the process, just like any RPG.

More details of what i'm looking for:

* City hubs where you can spend your cash to buy items and upgrades, train, or just meet people to play with.

* Long battles like DotA / HoN, between 20 to 70 minutes, depending the quality of the players.

* Diversity of classes, not the usual Warrior - Mage - Archer boring stuff.

* Preferably medieval fantasy themed.

* If possible, F2P. Don't care about cash shop.

Thanks for the help!

PD: if there isn't anything like this, then i think i should design games. :P

Comments

• TriadninjaTriadninja Member Posts: 111

What your looking for sounds more like a pipe dream then a game that acctually exists. No game out there meets that criteria, especially since the reason champions/heroes are made by the game company and not the players is because there is a shitload of balancing that goes into making each champion. If what you are asking for existed, everyone would make the same combo, same race/class/whatever becaues it would be the "op" class at the time, and then they make some changes so that all the sudden, another class is super op.

Sorry, but there is not a game that exists like that. At least not that I know of, however the MOBA scene is still relativly new, so who knows? Maybe someone will make something like that.

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

Rise of Immortals might be the closest.

You select a hero when you log in.  You then get dumped into a town hub where you can queue into matches or buy things from a shop.  Like LoL, you also have access to masteries and runes.  The heroes are still not customizable beyond the runes / masteries and skins.

The gameplay is standard fare, but you can't deny, there is a slightly larger focus on consumables, and you directly upgrade items instead of buying recipes.

The playerbase is small-ish but it's free to play with a cash shop.  Free hero rotations.  I think you'll enjoy the theme.

• AchylAchyl Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Khaeros

Rise of Immortals might be the closest.

You select a hero when you log in.  You then get dumped into a town hub where you can queue into matches or buy things from a shop.  Like LoL, you also have access to masteries and runes.  The heroes are still not customizable beyond the runes / masteries and skins.

The gameplay is standard fare, but you can't deny, there is a slightly larger focus on consumables, and you directly upgrade items instead of buying recipes.

The playerbase is small-ish but it's free to play with a cash shop.  Free hero rotations.  I think you'll enjoy the theme.

I agree. RoI is the closest it gets to being involved in a town or city when it comes to MOBA style games. I played the beta for it, and I found it to be a pretty poor representation of a MOBA type game. It was poorly organized and the balancing issues were very poor as well, even for a beta.

• Gabriel-KnightGabriel-Knight Member UncommonPosts: 89

Reading the introduction it seems that is exactly what i'm looking for...

"Instead of an account- based leveling system, players can advance their Immortals through a diverse, persistent skill tree, customizing and upgrading the characters to unlock unique abilities that persist from match to match.

In addition, Rise of Immortals features a social hub where players can show off their enhanced Immortals, chat, emote, browse leaderboards, shop, manage friend and guild lists and more. Players also have the option of taking their Immortals through cooperative Player versus Environment (PvE) scenarios to learn the game, try out new abilities, and earn persistent experience before jumping into Player versus Player (PvP) matches online."

Sounds nice, i will download it and see what i find out.

Thanks for the help everyone, il'l return after playing a while with some comments about what happened, hehe.