Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you do when every game you currently own bores you ?

Comments

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

They say in terms of making games: Only 1/10 will be successful. Something like that. I guess it's the same for players in reverse at different times!

Indie games are great imo. There can be some unusual genres to try. Also app games eg Draw Something.

But also context: Just do other things/refresh an eg I saw recently:

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Tardcore

Originally posted by BioNut

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Anyway to answer the OPs question, all sorts of shit. Though the poster I quoted said it in the most ass way possible, there are indeed fun things to do outside gaming. Lately I've been reading some fantasy fiction from Warhammer's Black Library ( Malus Darkblade, Gortex and Felix) and finding them quite entertaining.

One of my workmates is relearning to play guitar so I've been trying to learn with with him and have found out just what a stunning lack of understanding I have of how the little widgets actually work.

The only past times actually related to gaming however are playing my collection of old console and stand up arcade ROMS and haunting these forums.

Classic TC reply, as usual. :)

p.s. Gota love that sig. But first rule of GW2 Hate Club is don't talk about GW2 Hate Club so I shall not mention it anymore.

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Originally posted by SlyGamer79

I'm just wondering what everybodys solution to this delima is.

i've been playing DAO,Borderlands,Skyrim and currently just bored as hell.

stuff on tv doesn't help much when nothing interest is on.

Civ4 mods or roguelikes.  Whenever I'm bored with the current games out there that's where I always return...

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

Oh fuck it, I'll take the ban.

*preliminary snipage*

Oh my ... That was some serious kamikaze posting if I ever saw it. You welded the cockpit shut and dove right in. Sayonara o/

• Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629

If you're able-bodied and the weather is nice where you live, go outside and play. Grown ups are so lame; did you guys forget how to have fun? Does kickball or frisbee or riding a bike or capture the flag suddenly become things people just don't do anymore? I'm sure the adults that live around me think I'm a total nutjob for playing like a 12 year old, but whatever. Seriously though, there's a million things to chose from. Go do something.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

When all else fails there is always Skyrim.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

@OP

As Nevulus said, Minecraft is a great game if you like to build and explore.  If you want to be social there are a lot of servers open for people to join or you can go single player.  26.00 well spent and there are tons of mobs and skins.  Playing it now while I wait for TERA.

Outside of that I would try something you have said no to before without trying it.  I know you said you weren't looking for MMOs but there are so many free ones out there.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

You play Dwarf Fortress, and then never have time for any other game ever again.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by RefMinor

Plenty of 14day trials and F2P games to try.

This right here.

We think we know ourselves and what we like, but sometimes entertainment can be found where we least expect it.

I'd have never guessed that Need for Speed: World would be worth playing to fill in the gaps here and there.  It has no shortage of flaws and even for a racing game it's pretty basic, but I still enjoy playing it.  Haven't spent a dime.

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

I go outside and stay outside a lot.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Originally posted by Ceridith

You play Dwarf Fortress, and then never have time for any other game ever again.

LMFAO!

i actually youtubed it. you are a funny guy....:D

• TorqiaTorqia Member UncommonPosts: 73

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

LMFAO!

I have a eary feeling he was beeing serious...

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by Torqia

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

LMFAO!

I have a eary feeling he was beeing serious...

Dwarf Fortress is a fine game.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

You could go outside and do some sort of hobby or whatever OR you could do something to make yourself a better gamer.  Go back and try to beat some of the insanely hard 8-bit games or if you want something more modern, give Dark Souls a shot.  At least for me, a big problem I have with modern games that contributes to boredom is just how EASY they all are.   

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Either I get somthing new, play some pen and paper roleplaying with friends or go down to the pub for a few pints of guiness...

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328

Originally posted by Loke666

Either I get somthing new, play some pen and paper roleplaying with friends or go down to the pub for a few pints of guiness...

+1

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Usually i stop playing for a while, talk to some friends  on steam, kill some time on mmorpg.com, watch destructoid channels on youtube and revision3 (tara long <3) lol.... go to the pub and grab a couple monsters or red bulls for the dtoid videos ;)

or go to the liquor store and grab either smirnoff ice mango or get some beer with red soda and mix them for fun.

if its midnight and im not sleepy then i go watch some George Lopez and thats 70s show for a good laugh. image

i have some good books too but havent read them...

more importantly if you have a gf or wife then you know what to do

pretty much anything away from games help with that boredom of video games for a while

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I come here and get so bored they look enthralling and then play them..

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Well, I recently upgraded my GPU to something that could run Rift without having a minor heart attack every time someone casts a spell, so I've been playing that fairly often. Took advantage of the subscription sale too and got a 6-month, so that'll definitely be my 'go-to' game for a while.

Took advantage of the STEAM sale on Deus Ex: HR a few days ago (got it and all DLC for less than $15) and play that when I don't feel like playing Rift or any of my other games. It's surprisingly fun, which was at first a bit of a shock to me since I'm one of the very, very few people who don't like the original game. I gambled and won, I suppose.

I also dabble in ME3's multiplayer sometimes, but I'm kind of waiting for Bioware to fix the ending before I pump much time into it.

I watch a lot of streams on JTV/TTV as well. It's very relaxing just to sit back and chat with people while watching something in which everyone shares a common interest.

Barring that, I go to the shooting range. Unfortunately, it's an expensive hobby (a half hour session can cost upwards of $50 including ammunition) so I don't get to indulge in it as much as I'd like.

• I read a book

• cheachancheachan Member Posts: 122

I draw, watch any pending series or play Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood or Revelations

• SlyGamer79SlyGamer79 Member Posts: 278

Originally posted by Sourajit

Not many survive without their favourite addiction. Thank GOD that you guys are actually surviving this wait zone. A few years back www used to be world wide wait with slow internet connections. Nowadays the quest to find the perfect mmo is really a BIG wait.

wait ? pft its a big disappointment lol i waited for SWTOR to come out and after a month or so i was disappointed got to 50 and nothing to do really well raid but who the hell wants to raid all the time and i mean as the only thing to do at 50 !.

RIFT was alright but felt way too much like WoW but then so did SWTOR after awhile.

waiting on GW2 which on the other hand doesn't have raiding at lvl cap so not sure what i'll do at lvl cap on that.

PSN-SlyFox5679
    Xfire-Slyfox5679
    raptr-slygamer1979

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    I proactively protect myself from getting bored of all my games by buying those awesome 5-10$ steam deals and downloading random d2p games.

Suddenly bored? No worries i have a bunch of games i havent tried yet!

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Sitting in front of my PC screen staring

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Heh is thread is a great commentary on the state of the MMO Genre right now. The vast majority of us are quite literally, waiting.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.