Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you do when every game you currently own bores you ?

SlyGamer79SlyGamer79 Member Posts: 278

I'm just wondering what everybodys solution to this delima is.

i've been playing DAO,Borderlands,Skyrim and currently just bored as hell.

stuff on tv doesn't help much when nothing interest is on.

PSN-SlyFox5679
Xfire-Slyfox5679
raptr-slygamer1979

Comments

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Visit mmorpg.com. The limbo of rpg gaming! :)

Srsly ...

I'm in the same boat at the moment.

p.s. Of all games I've played in the last year, I've enjoyed Fallout, New Vegas the longest and the most. Might be something for you if you haven't already.

Be sure to install a few great mods though. (At least Weapon Mods Expanded and A World of Pain + the WMX compatibility patch).

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Diablo 3

Then

GW2

.. its a waiting game . If those fail then its time to start learning how to program because Im sure with the right skills I could design the perfect game for myself to play :)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012

I either buy a new game or do something else.

read, go to the movies, rent a movie, go to the theater or a concert, hang with friends, take up a hobby or indulge myself in one of my other hobbies/vocations.

There's a lot to life.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Galadriel: "It was in this moment, when all hope had faded, that Isildur, son of the King, took up his father's Roguelike games"

Let's internet

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472

Not many survive without their favourite addiction. Thank GOD that you guys are actually surviving this wait zone. A few years back www used to be world wide wait with slow internet connections. Nowadays the quest to find the perfect mmo is really a BIG wait.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• Badgered86Badgered86 Member UncommonPosts: 175

I read books and/or play old-school console games.  I'm currently reading The Mote in God's Eye and playing through Final Fantasy IX.

I'm also a delegate to my party's state convention. Gamers are multi-faceted beings. Fear us. :P

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Plenty of 14day trials and F2P games to try.
  • solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Books. Always books. 

• SlyGamer79SlyGamer79 Member Posts: 278

waiting for GW2,borderlands 2 and the wait sucks >_<

PSN-SlyFox5679
    Xfire-Slyfox5679
    raptr-slygamer1979

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Originally posted by BioNut

Just so you know, life starts AFTER gaming,  gaming in and of its self is fine as entertainment but when you have to worry about not having a game or being bored of what you have then you know you have a problem.

been there, done that. RL is highly overrated, it's actually the reason i'm here looking for games. let's face it, if RL was exciting and captivating who would need video games? or movies? or books? or any type of entertainment?......we would all just be stitting in circles holding hands singing Kumbaya completely absorbed in just living real life.

entertainment is by definition something that temporarely removes your mind from the boredom of real life.

as to what do i do when all games are boring? troll forums hard, very very hard...

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Train, Pathfinder, maybe some magic! Been that way for years now waiting on a MMO worth more than a months time.

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Get rat-arsed, forget every game you played over the last few months, then try them again...
  • majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

I'd just continue creating my own games.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

[mod edit]

Personally I got most of your list covered already.

For some people gaming is their relaxation of choice NEXT to their other hobbies, sports, music, etc. And sometimes they find themselves inbetween games and ask eachother for advice. No need to go on a soap box about it.

But yeah, doing stuff in your free time NEXT to gaming is important; it'll make you feel better.

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

I was on the same boat literally a week ago, it started a long time ago though, I bought several different games since December: Minecraft, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Baldurs Gate, Command and conquer first decade, Dawn of War 1, and Borderlands, Lego Batman, Mario 3d Land, also played several MMO's, I didn't enjoy any of them for more than 5 hours, so this is what I did:

Non-game related:

1. Juggling

2. Drawing

3. Reading novels daily

4. Exercising daily

5. Read info books daily, just pick a subject you are interested in. History, Animals,  Arms and Armor were mine.

Game related:

1. Played cheap games, I have a 3ds and bought digital games and enjoyed them more than big games.

2. Planned out games I would make if I was a developer.

How I got off completely:

Looked at the games I played and was bored with, noticed they all fit in certain genres: MMO, RTS, RPG, Platformer and Sandbox, and started playing a genre I haven't played much of in recent years,  Action games...I just started playing God of War, Space Marines and Uncharted...actually enjoy these games.

All the games you are playing are RPG's so you should try a new genre.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

Go singlepalyer, plenty of games out there better than the best mmorpg out there and when you are done with that you'll feel like going back to mmorpgs.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Time to put the computer down and do some real life socializing.  Get an RV go camping, get a dog to take the replacement of the forums,  find a real life parner.

If every game bores you then its time to quit gaming as nothing anybody does will please you its time to please yourself doing other real life things.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Perhaps you just find gaming in general boring. If that's the case then try a different hobby.

Do you like sports? Then play a sport that interests you. Do you enjoy the outdoors? Go hiking, rock climbing, sailing, or some other outdoor activity.

The key is variation I think. If you have several hobbies or activities you enjoy then that will greatly lessen the burnout.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Anyway to answer the OPs question, all sorts of shit. Though the poster I quoted said it in the most ass way possible, there are indeed fun things to do outside gaming. Lately I've been reading some fantasy fiction from Warhammer's Black Library ( Malus Darkblade, Gortex and Felix) and finding them quite entertaining.

One of my workmates is relearning to play guitar so I've been trying to learn with with him and have found out just what a stunning lack of understanding I have of how the little widgets actually work.

The only past times actually related to gaming however are playing my collection of old console and stand up arcade ROMS and haunting these forums.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

To the OP:

GO OUTSIDE.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

I'm one of those people who's desperately clinging on to gaming as a hobby.

The way things are going with the market, I don't see myself investing in the next generation of computer hardware. Frankly, I sometimes even regret this year's investment.

I may end up filling my alotted gaming time with more social lounging (reading, chatting, etc). I've actually been wanting to pick up a few courses from the local university for quite some time.

/shrug

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Originally posted by SlyGamer79

I'm just wondering what everybodys solution to this delima is.

i've been playing DAO,Borderlands,Skyrim and currently just bored as hell.

stuff on tv doesn't help much when nothing interest is on.

really? you have to ask?

Go outside and enjoy life. Take up a hobby, photography, or learn an instrument. Play sports, or try to at least.

When games bore me I pick up a book. Teach myself a new programming language. I get on Minecraft and try to build something outlandish. I write music. I go skateboarding down the boardwalk.

If every game is boring you then maybe it's time to move on to something else, temporarily at least.

• KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

Not sure if OP is into RTS or not, but League of legends is one of the best f2p online games.

Its alot of fun and can be quite addicting.That is when your not raging at some guy feeding 10 kills 5 min into the game.

• SlyGamer79SlyGamer79 Member Posts: 278

atm bidding on games on ebay its too bad bidding isn't a full contact sport because well i'd love to knock out whoever trys to outbid me >_<.

the last RTS game i got into was spellforce but that was so long ago. and i'm trying to avoid MMO games because those tend to suck me in too much lol.

PSN-SlyFox5679
    Xfire-Slyfox5679
    raptr-slygamer1979

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I go play WoW. I love the first 20 levels for some dumb reason and I have about 50 alts on different servers. I need to clean them up and get the heirlooms off of some of them and delete them!  I also go back to Warhammer and do some senseless pvp. I also harvest belly button lint.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.