Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sick of the MMORPG mods.

Deleting my account I have had since 2006.  Yes 6 years of coming to the same website and participating in forums, and checking out some typically late to the party news.

Why?  The moderators are rediculous.  You cant be sarcastic, or silly, or creative... Even when replying or discussing something with a complete jerk / obvious troll.  It's literally some of the most biased moderation I have ever seen. 

A person can post anything they want about 1 game, including curse words and meaningless drivel thats been said a million times.  And the post stays up forever.  But you say something negative about the WRONG game and your warning email arrives in like 2 seconds.  

Why don't you moderate the World of ________  (insert any of the 900 clones)  forums the same way your moderate GW2?

You give the wrong people the smallest responsibilities and "power", the most meaningless duties on the planet earth and they go overboard and completely nuts.

Goodbye to all the trolls and angry burnt out gamers.  The few friends ive made here are already on other friends list.. 

Just silly that I even have to think about this, especially about faceless mods that hide behind [email protected], I know why dont you PM me your phone number and we can chat about what is right and wrong to say?  

I bet they couldnt even handle a social situation that real... LOL  PEACE

Comments

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Have to agree. Mods on this site are about the worst I've ever come across and that is saying a lot.  Goodbye and good luck!

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

who WAS that masked man?

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

The funny thing is by deleting your user ID its as if you never existed.

Also, a simple rule to follow, never retalitate, regardless how inflammatory you think a post might be., just report them and move on.

If you really think you've been moderated unfairly, the proper channel to work through is MikeB, he'll review your complaint and quickly take action if he agrees that it is warranted.

I've posted a few times on these forums imageand yet the number of moderations I've received can certainly be counted on 2 hands, and I've managed to appeal about 50% of them.

Control your responses, reply as if the person was sitting in front of you and is about 6'6" tall (1.98m) and weighs about 240 lbs (109KG) and had a very big frown on his face.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Deleted User

Deleting my account I have had since 2006.  Yes 6 years of coming to the same website and participating in forums, and checking out some typically late to the party news.

Why?  The moderators are rediculous.  You cant be sarcastic, or silly, or creative... Even when replying or discussing something with a complete jerk / obvious troll.  It's literally some of the most biased moderation I have ever seen. 

A person can post anything they want about 1 game, including curse words and meaningless drivel thats been said a million times.  And the post stays up forever.  But you say something negative about the WRONG game and your warning email arrives in like 2 seconds.  

Why don't you moderate the World of ________  (insert any of the 900 clones)  forums the same way your moderate GW2?

You give the wrong people the smallest responsibilities and "power", the most meaningless duties on the planet earth and they go overboard and completely nuts.

Goodbye to all the trolls and angry burnt out gamers.  The few friends ive made here are already on other friends list.. 

Just silly that I even have to think about this, especially about faceless mods that hide behind [email protected], I know why dont you PM me your phone number and we can chat about what is right and wrong to say?  

I bet they couldnt even handle a social situation that real... LOL  PEACE

you're my hero, mystery man with no name.

i'd read your blog, but, well, you're a nobody now.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I wonder if he realised no one knows who is is?

Personally, I find the MMORPG.com Mods to be incredibly fair minded and reasonable, I won't hear a word said against them.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Originally posted by Kyleran

Also, a simple rule to follow, never retalitate, regardless how inflammatory you think a post might be., just report them and move on.

If you really think you've been moderated unfairly, the proper channel to work through is MikeB, he'll review your complaint and quickly take action if he agrees that it is warranted.

I've posted a few times on these forums imageand yet the number of moderations I've received can certainly be counted on 2 hands, and I've managed to appeal about 50% of them.

Control your responses, reply as if the person was sitting in front of you and is about 6'6" tall (1.98m) and weighs about 240 lbs (109KG) and had a very big frown on his face.

LOL I've always wondered if you had ever gotten any warning or there Time Outs. I usually am careful how I respond and I still every now and again get a naughty gram. I think last Oct or Nov i got a 14 day time out. You are correct about Mike B. Not sure what has changed but the Mods do seem abit Heavy Handed.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA

This is good advice, plus, attack or defend the game not the person.
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

90% of my inbox is filled with warnings, FEELS GOOD MAN!

[mod edit]

I believe it was because the op of a thread said that Guild Wars 2 is going to suck because he forgot his password in Guild Wars... I mean really now?

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Originally posted by moosecatlol

My favorite was when I said someone was "truly special". OBJECTION, NOT ALLOWED TO BE SPECIAL!

I believe it was because the op of a thread said that Guild Wars 2 is going to suck because he forgot his password in Guild Wars... I mean really now?

Yea i got a 7 day time out for[mod edit]

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Originally posted by moosecatlol

My favorite was when I said someone was "truly special". OBJECTION, NOT ALLOWED TO BE SPECIAL!

Frankly my dear I dont give a damn!

Sry I couldnt resist XD

But ive never had any issues with the Mods on this site, anytime I have delt with them they have been very professional.

Since the OP poster was talking about GW2, did he breach the NDA?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Elsabolts

LOL I've always wondered if you had ever gotten any warning or there Time Outs. I usually am careful how I respond and I still every now and again get a naughty gram. I think last Oct or Nov i got a 14 day time out. You are correct about Mike B. Not sure what has changed but the Mods do seem abit Heavy Handed.

Oh yes, they've made me sit in the time out chair a few times, (never 14 days however) and I've really tried hard to mellow my responses. (sometimes the first pass I type is pretty snarky, and I go back and tone it down)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Actually discussing specific incidences of moderation is against ToS, sometimes it is worth reading these things, saves so much time later on.
  • ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

Agree completely.

This discussion has been closed.