Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Harassment Accusation Mars EVE Fanfest

12346»

Comments

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Originally posted by RefMinor

Originally posted by kcannon

Originally posted by Angier2758

This kind of stuff is common in Eve.

Kinda why the game isn't really growing and people have multiple accounts... the game is asshat central.  I mean come on the pluses of the game are "you can be an asshat to people!"  (verbatim but still)

Yer theres some people like that ingame theres people like that in every game on this planet. However the majority of the people can see this game as a game and whta goes on inside as just part of the game and nothing to get flustered about and its this part of the community which has kept me playing aside from the great game for the past 3 almost 4 years.

http://www.destructoid.com/pedophile-meets-victim-in-world-of-warcraft-92213.phtml

Eve players aren't RL psychopaths, WoW players aren't paedophiles. It's very simple to generalise from individual evidence but you are not often correct.

Indeed, otherwise I guess I'm a psychopath or a murderer for playing EVE and L2. Sad times ahead.

http://kotaku.com/232857/lineage-ii-gamer-kicks-player-to-death

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

Originally posted by Zinzan

Im quite annoyed at some peoples blinkered approach to the EvE community.

The asshats like Goons etc are in the minority of players and if you knew any players in these corps, you'd know most are decent people who act like numpties in game.

There is a small nucleus of these main guilds/alliances who are really nasty people, some are quite despicable but it's only a handful of players, again, most players in EvE are decent people and extremely friendly and helpful.

You want to know who was the most outraged and angry about this occurance? The EvE community by a long shot, the greater community of players who saw one dipshit bringing the entire community into disrepute.

Mitani is a tosser, no question and his apology is not heartfelt, he does this shit all the time and his lackys lick his backside and call it peanutbutter. However, who can say they have played any mmorpg where they have not been equally annoying and childishly misguided egotists? Most have these players in abundance, the problem stems from CCP trusting one with an open forum while most games companies would never let any player talk like this at a gathering/convention. This meant that they gave facetime to someone who clearly had an ego the size of the titanic and this is the error.

Again, please don't paint the entire EvE community with a broad brush because one person acted like a dick.

^ ^ ^

... all that.    Again.   Yes.  And thank you, Zinzan.

• kcannonkcannon Member UncommonPosts: 29

Originally posted by Zinzan

Im quite annoyed at some peoples blinkered approach to the EvE community.

The asshats like Goons etc are in the minority of players and if you knew any players in these corps, you'd know most are decent people who act like numpties in game.

There is a small nucleus of these main guilds/alliances who are really nasty people, some are quite despicable but it's only a handful of players, again, most players in EvE are decent people and extremely friendly and helpful.

You want to know who was the most outraged and angry about this occurance? The EvE community by a long shot, the greater community of players who saw one dipshit bringing the entire community into disrepute.

Mitani is a tosser, no question and his apology is not heartfelt, he does this shit all the time and his lackys lick his backside and call it peanutbutter. However, who can say they have played any mmorpg where they have not been equally annoying and childishly misguided egotists? Most have these players in abundance, the problem stems from CCP trusting one with an open forum while most games companies would never let any player talk like this at a gathering/convention. This meant that they gave facetime to someone who clearly had an ego the size of the titanic and this is the error.

Again, please don't paint the entire EvE community with a broad brush because one person acted like a dick.

Your mostly right apart from the bolded bit, yes the community is far different from most people, however it is only a minor part of this communtiy who really cares, I speak with plenty of people daily and the majority of them had not even heard about this until I mentioned it to them, and like me they wernt happy with it but they also acknowledge that the guy has done soo much good for this game that this should just be moved over as something that happens online.

What I can say to the other people so bothered about this is that theres plenty of people who do this daily over every sort of game, it was simply because this was televised that people are taking so much offence.

• GeeTeeEffOhGeeTeeEffOh Member Posts: 731

Originally posted by Kuro1n

Originally posted by Ausare

Originally posted by Sourd420

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

The Mittani has written a full unreserved apology.

This is good enough for me. He is deserving of redemption.

So the actions of a drunk man are fine?

Please tell that to my dead best friend and my other bestie that killed him.

What does some other case has to do with Mittani? Mittanis victim barely cared about all of it.

As a representative of the company if they do nothing they are condoning the action.  Apologies are nice but they do not put the shine back on the apple.

CSM are not a represenatative of the company but of the community. There is a big difference.

And who is ultimately responsible for that policy?

And just because he was chosen, who is ultimately responsible to make sure this guy understands what is and isn't acceptable as a representative?

The community?

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Originally posted by GeeTeeEffOh

What does some other case has to do with Mittani? Mittanis victim barely cared about all of it.

As a representative of the company if they do nothing they are condoning the action.  Apologies are nice but they do not put the shine back on the apple.

CSM are not a represenatative of the company but of the community. There is a big difference.

And just because he was chosen, who is ultimately responsible to make sure this guy understands what is and isn't acceptable as a representative?

The community?

CCPs policy, but he doenst represent the company as they had no part in the voting. The one responsible is Mittani himself and he already said it was tasteless and apologized. What will happen next is not yet decided. The victim of all of this doesn't care and didn't even petition this himself, CCP did it for him though.

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by GeeTeeEffOh

The community?

CCPs policy, but he doenst represent the company as they had no part in the voting. The one responsible is Mittani himself and he already said it was tasteless and apologized. What will happen next is not yet decided. The victim of all of this doesn't care and didn't even petition this himself, CCP did it for him though.

He probably didn't because he knew The Mittani was a huge douche canoe and paddling a douche canoe while drunk makes him about as responsible as driving while intoxicated. Give him a DWI and move on.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Originally posted by gimmesome

Originally posted by jdnewell

I am actually very thankful that EVE is doing well. It houses alot of the D**kheads, Douchebags, A**holes, ect. that would populate other online games.

Come play EVE, Be a Dickhead, Grief other players, we encourage you to do so and wont do anything to stop you. When you cater to the lowest common denominator its no wonder " Goons" are elected player reps.

Christ who would actually pay to play this shit?

I wish CCP the best of luck, hopefully EVE will be around for awhile so the dicks will have a place to gather and flex e-peens.

Hah, I think I finally recognize what a troll is!

Yes, I do hope EVE will be around for a while.   It's pissed me off and made me rage quit so many times since I started in 2004, yet, I still love it more than any MMO that currently boasts some large number of players.    Maybe that's because EVE is atm, the closest thing there is to a proper functioning MMORPG that offers a world that players can actually change and evolve with.    Oh, and it's community is far beyond the popular AAA titles in terms of pleasant interactions.  Sorry.

This notion that everyone who plays EVE is a griefer comes from people who tried EVE on a trial run, and attempted to be some spaceship god and thought they could 'pwn' everyone and pew pew anywhere, and found themselves in a pod outside a blown up ship.   These types of people immediately cancel their account and complain on a forum somewhere that EVE is a meanie-face that won't let them powerlevel to some imaginary plane of epicness where the "best players" sit and rain down destruction on the rest of the players.     There is absolutly no reasonable basis for these people to even comment about a game that they don't in the slightest understand.  

There's a reason why there's only 300,000-400,000 players and not the millions of mainstreamers.    The same reason a tv show like American Idol has more viewers than  any show that would be on The Learning Channel.

Shrug... I played EVE at release many many years ago. I have played it for a month or two here and there over the years. I will admit it has been awhile since I was last in EVE.

Funny how almost everything you ever hear about EVE is how bad the community is. Like the guy a few pages back, who had his 13 y/o sister playing with him, getting griefed, harrassed,for weeks and weeks. CCP chooses to ignore all the harrassment even tho its against TOS.

Not only ignore it, even encourage it almost.

Call me a troll if you will, and maybe on this I am.

But when almost the only publicity your game gets is negative, how bad the community sucks, how another person tried the game only to get a** F**ked by griefers right off the bat, scammed, harrassed, ect..........what do you really expect people to think about this game and the community?

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Makes me kind of glad I never tired this game like that 1 hour.

Im to much of a nice guy for that kind of environment :)

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Hi guys,

It took a bit long to close one of these threads, but for a while, it seemed there might be slightly different strains of conversation in each of them. But I'm closing this one now since the developments in this incident should be the same here on out.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.