Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a Date? Play WoW!

maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

Study: ‘World of Warcraft’ better for singles than online dating sites 

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/study-world-warcraft-better-singles-online-dating-sites-002402169.html

Pretty interesting, if we are to believe there are no women on the internet.

Thoughts?

Comments

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Pretty interesting, if we are to believe there are no women on the internet.

Whats not to belive? its a fact, women dont exist.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Well, those couples definitely have a leg up on the rest who start a new romance with little in common.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

People that play MMOs generally hold gaming as a big part of their lives. Meeting like-minded people is wonderful.

I'm 32 and have been with my wife for 12 years. The only games she has ever played with me were Adventure Island (NES) and Diablo 2.

She's extremely interested in Diablo 3. She loved the beta and is looking forward to May 15. Playing games with my gal is intoxicating. It's like falling in love all over again.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Well I met my wife on a game then we fell in love on WoW so close enough XD

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Didn't meet in but bonded with my ex-girlfreind on WoW. She broke my heart!  DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!  (just kidding) :D

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Agree on the advantage. Gaming and relationships can be a rough road if only one is into gaming and the other is left out. Most of the folks I've seen work out that issue have brought their SO into the games and it resolved itself very well.

In the other direction, it seems like dropping games or divorce are what waits at the end of the road.

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

dang that brings back memories.    I was dating a girl i met on wow many years ago.  she was guild leader of one of the low-end raiding guilds i was part of.    we had GREAT times, and I was dumb and let her go because she was getting serious.     Now i've got a kid with a girl who hasn't the slightest interest in gaming.

go figure :(

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I killed my Girldfriend before I met here, Yes I was playing EVE and I podded her image

A wonderful relationship grew from that frozen corpse floating around in space.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

Originally posted by Torgrim

I killed my Girldfriend before I met here, Yes I was playing EVE and I podded her image

A wonderful relationship grew from that frozen corpse floating around in space.

LMAO!!

I do hope you scooped her frozen corpse and keep it in your station hangar as a reminder.

"You remember what I'm capable of, don't you????  Then, go make me a sandwich.   Naked."

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Anyone that claims to be 21 / F / Hot on an MMO is 99% certain to be a fat 40 year old trucker called Cleavon.

Anyone that claims to be 16 / F / Horny on an MMO is 99% certain to be an FBI agent

Rules Of The Internet

Rules 28, 29, 30 apply. Possibly rules 31 and 32 too

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom