Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Wing Commander fans out there? YOUR OLD! Just kidding, Check this out.

spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

http://www.wcsaga.com/

Fan made update on the Wing Commander games using the Freespace 2 engine. Not downloaded it myself yet but looks awsome and as far as I can tell, free to download.  Here is the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wirU-kqdezU&feature=player_embedded

Going to get it now then shoot the living crap out of some Kilrathi. Try to take over my planet will you? Not on my watch!

Comments

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

I love Wing Commander :D just got done recently replaying IV , thanks for the link :D

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I love Wing Commander as well. Hopefully EA leaves these guys alone as they have been known to shut down fan remakes of IPs they own. I'll have to download it and give it a go. Thanks.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• vilkonvilkon Member Posts: 14

Looks interesting, also looks like EVE a bit. Is it any good? 

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Ahhh crap. I'm old now. I hadn't even realized....damnit.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Impressive, there are some very professional fan based projects out there doing sterling work.
  • palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

O man! Best game ever, that was magic. Have still all original parts

• 2D34DLY4U2D34DLY4U Member UncommonPosts: 62

Originally posted by vilkon

Looks interesting, also looks like EVE a bit. Is it any good? 

I loved WC and played them all, thanks for link.

Flying inside the large ships and shooting them from their guts, then burning out while they exploded was awesome.

If the whole history of computer gaming was resumed to Elite, WC and EVE, the world would truly be a better place and much less resources would be wasted. Also interactive fiction.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Oh COOL!  Thanks OP! 

I've played Wing Commander 1-4 starting with the first as a little kid.  I have the first game on my PC somewhere now and played it through again a few months back. 

And hey, I loved Freespace 2.  Best of both worlds! 

Downloading it now to check it out. 

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

I miss these games.  I actually won a copy of UO: Charter Edition from filling out a survey about Wing Commander and one of the questions was "Would you be interested in playing Wing Commander Online?" or something like that. . wouldn't that have been great! :P  I will check that out for sure.

Thanks!

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400
    I feel old. I was driving whe WC came out. I loved those games. WC ONLINE would be awesome. Now we just need a commander keen remake.
  • JTJT Member Posts: 401

Can't wait to check this out.  Not going to say how old I was when WC first came out.  I would love to see a remake of the Privateer series too.  Even better would be an online version with both WC and Privateer as one game.

• TellaxTellax Member Posts: 22

Old fan of Wing Commander, most definetly. However I never played the other game.. 

Looks cool with the graphic update!!

oh and to the OP.. 

YOURYOURYOUR!   :)

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Originally posted by Tellax

Old fan of Wing Commander, most definetly. However I never played the other game.. 

Looks cool with the graphic update!!

oh and to the OP.. 

YOURYOURYOUR!   :)

Well of course I am compared to you! Thanks so much for pointing that out! What kind of person would do such a thing???? ;)

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Okay well Ive installed it and been playing for the last couple of days. 

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.  At first I was thinking I might not like it, as the prologue (or training) missions started off a little dull but as the game picked up, boy did it pick up. 

The set peices to space combat are fantastic, the scripted events give real life to missions, and the urgency to the war is something I dont ever remember seeing in a Wing Commander game before or otherwise.  The voice acting is extremely well done, particularly for a fan made game, but you wouldnt know it was fan made due to the quality. 

Astounding.  I cant say enough good things about this one.  Its far better than I figured it would be, and I honestly am starting to wonder if this is the most exciting and well done space flight sim I may have ever played. 

It eventually just draws you in and hooks you.  Im blown away.  Thanks OP.  This is phenominal.  If I were a development house, Id hire the people responsible for this jewel right off.  Amazing work. 

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Originally posted by Corehaven

Okay well Ive installed it and been playing for the last couple of days. 

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.  At first I was thinking I might not like it, as the prologue (or training) missions started off a little dull but as the game picked up, boy did it pick up. 

The set peices to space combat are fantastic, the scripted events give real life to missions, and the urgency to the war is something I dont ever remember seeing in a Wing Commander game before or otherwise.  The voice acting is extremely well done, particularly for a fan made game, but you wouldnt know it was fan made due to the quality. 

Astounding.  I cant say enough good things about this one.  Its far better than I figured it would be, and I honestly am starting to wonder if this is the most exciting and well done space flight sim I may have ever played. 

It eventually just draws you in and hooks you.  Im blown away.  Thanks OP.  This is phenominal.  If I were a development house, Id hire the people responsible for this jewel right off.  Amazing work. 

Really glad you are enjoying it dude.

I have been so busy with work I have only had time to do the tutorial mission.......Which I failed and was very sterny told to fly back to the mother ship and sit on the naughty step. Looking forward to notching up some kill marks when time allows. :)