Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game just needs to go free to play.

Ezen_SurrealEzen_Surreal Member Posts: 168

It was a good game (The best MMO ever - Before trammel.) but it's just outdated and VERY low population.

If they could get the populaton up..I would play again!

WHY DOESN'T EA GET OFF ITS ASS AND MAKE A UO2? I HATE QUESTS....I WANT TO FIGHT MONSTERS THAT GIVE RANdom lOOT. I WANT OPEN WORLD PVP. There I feel better.

Sometimes its good to think deep. Some times it good just to play games.

Comments

  • wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

    Originally posted by Ezen_Surreal

    It was a good game (The best MMO ever - Before trammel.) but it's just outdated and VERY low population.

    If they could get the populaton up..I would play again!

    WHY DOESN'T EA GET OFF ITS ASS AND MAKE A UO2? I HATE QUESTS....I WANT TO FIGHT MONSTERS THAT GIVE RANdom lOOT. I WANT OPEN WORLD PVP. There I feel better.

     The population is perfectly fine.  Play on Atlantic and you'll find it's packed.  If it's too crowded, go on Chessy, Catskills, Pacific or Lake Superior.  Plenty of other MMOs wish they had 5 healthy servers.  PVP is very active and still has open feel in fel.  Imbueing has made it possible for anyone to have a nice suit and compete in the PVP field.  and no this game should not go F2P.  It's still one of the best MMOs on the market and should be P2P.

  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

    Originally posted by wrekognize

     The population is perfectly fine.  Play on Atlantic and you'll find it's packed.  If it's too crowded, go on Chessy, Catskills, Pacific or Lake Superior.  Plenty of other MMOs wish they had 5 healthy servers.  PVP is very active and still has open feel in fel.  Imbueing has made it possible for anyone to have a nice suit and compete in the PVP field.  and no this game should not go F2P.  It's still one of the best MMOs on the market and should be P2P.

     

    I could not possibly agree more. 100% spot on.

  • sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

    I think it should go f2p too... It would be like me going back to nexus and paying the sub fee for a game that is like 15 years old and outdated graphics.

     

    I would never consider paying for Nexus , even tho I paid for it 15 years ago when it was actually a good game for those days.

     

    Any game that is as outdated as Nexus, UO, and this other lesser known game that I have played, have some nerve to charge a sub fee.

     

     

    All these people seem to charge a sub fee, but is the game worth it?  Maybe 5 dollars a month.

    image


    "When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

  • Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 269

     The population is perfectly fine.  Play on Atlantic and you'll find it's packed.  If it's too crowded, go on Chessy, Catskills, Pacific or Lake Superior.  Plenty of other MMOs wish they had 5 healthy servers.  PVP is very active and still has open feel in fel.  Imbueing has made it possible for anyone to have a nice suit and compete in the PVP field.  and no this game should not go F2P.  It's still one of the best MMOs on the market and should be P2P.

    Agree also, as someone in the game this statement is correct in every way. The population is great on a number of servers, you can add Europa to the list there, and all elements of the game are strong, including a very healthy RP population.

  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

    The games population is perfectly fine and even packed on some of the servers wich is sad, sad becouse it really tells something about the state of all mmorpgs that loads people still rather play this then all the worthless crap that came out after it.

  • Honestly surprised they haven't already since they have a full blown item shop already like most F2P Korean grinders.

  • warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

    Originally posted by Onigod

    The games population is perfectly fine and even packed on some of the servers wich is sad, sad becouse it really tells something about the state of all mmorpgs that loads people still rather play this then all the worthless crap that came out after it.

    How does an old game still having players have anything to do with the state of mmos? people still play old games of all kinds, so i guess theres nothing good left in gaming, move along people.

    Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910


    Originally posted by wrekognize

    Originally posted by Ezen_Surreal
    It was a good game (The best MMO ever - Before trammel.) but it's just outdated and VERY low population.
    If they could get the populaton up..I would play again!
    WHY DOESN'T EA GET OFF ITS ASS AND MAKE A UO2? I HATE QUESTS....I WANT TO FIGHT MONSTERS THAT GIVE RANdom lOOT. I WANT OPEN WORLD PVP. There I feel better.
     The population is perfectly fine.  Play on Atlantic and you'll find it's packed.  If it's too crowded, go on Chessy, Catskills, Pacific or Lake Superior.  Plenty of other MMOs wish they had 5 healthy servers.  PVP is very active and still has open feel in fel.  Imbueing has made it possible for anyone to have a nice suit and compete in the PVP field.  and no this game should not go F2P.  It's still one of the best MMOs on the market and should be P2P.



    If they have 5 healthy servers running on a game that's as old as UO is, and is receiving updates, they don't need to go F2P.

    I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

    Originally posted by Ezen_Surreal

    It was a good game (The best MMO ever - Before trammel.) but it's just outdated and VERY low population.

    If they could get the populaton up..I would play again!

    WHY DOESN'T EA GET OFF ITS ASS AND MAKE A UO2? I HATE QUESTS....I WANT TO FIGHT MONSTERS THAT GIVE RANdom lOOT. I WANT OPEN WORLD PVP. There I feel better.

    No. I just started two weeks ago, and on Catskills which is always in the Low population besides peak times. The servers full of vendors and buyers, and I see people in every town I went to so far.

    One post on the stratics forums seeking a guild already got me 4 invites, and the one I joined has many active players.

    As for the random loot, the new loot mechanic they're adding to the Shame dungeon this publish is the most random it's ever been. It can be compared to Diablo's drops. They're going to slowly phase it into the rest of the world, too.

    And open world pvp is viable still, just not as limitless as before they introduced the changes. The Felucca facet (the one where open PVP is still viable) has a purpose. Scrolls to break the cap for your skills are only gained there, there's shrines for champion mobs to get good drops that are often camped for those seeking fights, and a Faction system that has 4 way PVP with it's own rewards.

  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

    I'd probably play this a bit if it went f2p. Who knows, they might even make more money.

  • MadragonMadragon Member UncommonPosts: 42

    I don't want to see it go free to play, but since EA is the overall publisher and they have a stable of MMOs now.  Why  not have a pass system so you can play all of there games...

  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 2,702

    Find a free shard if you don't want to pay for the official servers. UO2 would compete with UO1 that's why it never got made.

    This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

  • Hitman111110Hitman111110 Member Posts: 9

    I have not played this game in so many years I made a short sided return on Baja for a bit, I found only the die hard still around. I am amazed it is still around.  I think this will never be F2P, Ea Killed UO2 for to keep this game bring money into it. They are not losing money on it so. It will stay this way.

     

     

  • WithdemonWithdemon Member UncommonPosts: 35

    It's so stupid that they are still charging for this game.

    People need to stop paying, they'll go FREE to play, and make MORE money in advertising. That's what every cool game is doing now adays.

    image
  • wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

    Originally posted by Withdemon

    It's so stupid that they are still charging for this game.

    People need to stop paying, they'll go FREE to play, and make MORE money in advertising. That's what every cool game is doing now adays.

    There are cool games now adays?

  • AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

    Originally posted by Hitman111110

    I have not played this game in so many years I made a short sided return on Baja for a bit, I found only the die hard still around. I am amazed it is still around.  I think this will never be F2P, Ea Killed UO2 for to keep this game bring money into it. They are not losing money on it so. It will stay this way.

     

     

    This is not true.  EA never intentionally killed UO2

    What happened is halfway through development, EA bought Origin.  As part of the merger, EA moved the development team  of UO2 from Austin Texas to California.  EA severly underestimated the amount of developers that would not move.  Almost the entire development team, including the lead developer simply quit instead of moving away from Austin.   EA ended up with a half-done game and very few people who had any clue how to finish the actual coding.  I believe I read somewhere that 2 people out of a team of 60 moved to Ca.  EA then realized that the cost of hiring a whole new team, that would basically have to start over simply was not worth it.

  • obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

    That was not UO2 that was UOX I think.

    And EA owned Origin as far as I know since Ultima Online was developed.

    So EA paid for UO, just no one thought it would be that successful and i think EA never understood what makes/made UO a success.

    :P

Sign In or Register to comment.