Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No expansion til 2013

1235»

Comments

• SonikFlashSonikFlash Member UncommonPosts: 561

Entertaining. 

• truthhurtstruthhurts Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by GoodAfternoon

If Rift's patches aren't huge then I don't think this everquest patch really counts as huge.

Over 100 quest? Cool, Ember Isle had over 120 quest.

It says solo, small group, and raid content but that's vauge. Rift introduce new types of raid rifts, dungeons, 2 man dungeons and then some solo content.

I dunno what skyshrine is but Rift had Master Mode and an advanced Master Mode

I dunno about the prestiege talents, sounds like AA, which rift has added since release. 

New tradeskill quest? That doesn't sound like bullet worthy point to sell an upcoming patch.

New mount? Cool rift adds 1-2 mounts each event. 

That everquest patch doesn't sound huge so I dunno why you'd want to compare it with Rift's. 

We will just revisit this in april when the patch launches and we get the notes for it.  But you are comparing one quarterly patch vs everything rift has added, keep that in mind.

• truthhurtstruthhurts Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by Laughing-man

On when their ex pack SHOULD come out, do you really want them to suddenly rush to pump out an ex pack?  Or would you rather then wait and produce what they undoubtedly have been working on for quite some time now.  I'd prefer they release something finished.  We'll see though.

It should have been planned from the start to come out around now.  Maybe it initially was and they had to change plans because of the retention issues, I don't know.  The milestone chart really doesnt look like its been worked on all that much so far.

• fulcrum73fulcrum73 Member Posts: 8

I left Rift for Tor when it came out and then 3 months later, after finishing the storyline, experiecing part of it on a few other different classes and experiencing the current end game, i landed my ship back down on Telaran soil, burned the ship and don't forsee myself ever going back to ToR. 

Someone else said it best in earlier posts on this thread.  BW can screw up the game so bad and because its Star Wars, fanatics of the world and setting will stay.

I too think Trion should push out an expack sooner than later, but I also trust that Trion knows what it's doing.

What I would like to see is a whole new faction emerge.  3V3 like DAOC.  Shouldnt be too hard to put into the game either.  Just give the new faction a temporary xp boost.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

Rift is an OK game. Heck, its only the 4th MMO that has kept me longer than 3 months since I started MMOs in 2000.

I have serious doubts this game will be have enough funds for an expansion in 2013. GW2 will take a lot of people. Unless GW2 is a total bomb I know I will be leaving.

• GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by Golelorn

Rift is an OK game. Heck, its only the 4th MMO that has kept me longer than 3 months since I started MMOs in 2000.

I have serious doubts this game will be have enough funds for an expansion in 2013. GW2 will take a lot of people. Unless GW2 is a total bomb I know I will be leaving.

I don't understand the logic of GW2 taking a lot of people. Most people that are subbed to rift that buy GW2 will probably remain subbed to rift since there's no monthly from gw2.

Rift

• sapheroithsapheroith Member Posts: 116

Originally posted by GoodAfternoon

Originally posted by Golelorn

I don't understand the logic of GW2 taking a lot of people. Most people that are subbed to rift that buy GW2 will probably remain subbed to rift since there's no monthly from gw2.

Why would you sub for a game you no longer play?

WOW: The Most Well Known Non-Free Non-Browser Client-Based 3D Fantasy MMORPG In Some Parts of the World.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

my personal opinion is they are better off leaving an ex pk til next year..there are a lot of major releases which a lot of people are gonna check out.might as well wait and see which way the wind blows..GW2 people are gonna buy cos of no sub,tera is a good game,TSW is another..if they release an ex pk peeps may not have the money to pay for it lol..i know i,m buying all the above mentioned.att the expense of rift..does'nt mean i,m finished with rift..i,m gonna let the content build up before i sub to it again.