Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I will support this game

GeeTeeEffOhGeeTeeEffOh Member Posts: 731

I will buy this game. Even if I never play it. However, based on what I see so far, it looks really good. And I truly want to play.

But I will support it for reasons that go beyond this. I want to support this game because I want to encourage Indie developers to step out and create MMOs. 

It pains me to see what happened to Earthrise even though they did it to themselves, and I have to imagine there are people out there looking at that and wondering if It can really be done.

I say it can, and I think this game can be a shining example of a success story. Then maybe we can get some creativity flowing back into the genre as a whole.

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by GeeTeeEffOh

I will buy this game. Even if I never play it. However, based on what I see so far, it looks really good. And I truly want to play.

But I will support it for reasons that go beyond this. I want to support this game because I want to encourage Indie developers to step out and create MMOs. 

It pains me to see what happened to Earthrise even though they did it to themselves, and I have to imagine there are people out there looking at that and wondering if It can really be done.

I say it can, and I think this game can be a shining example of a success story. Then maybe we can get some creativity flowing back into the genre as a whole.

earthrise would have been fine if the engine was more mature let shope the hero engine holds up for this game

• GeeTeeEffOhGeeTeeEffOh Member Posts: 731

Originally posted by Raxeon

earthrise would have been fine if the engine was more mature let shope the hero engine holds up for this game

Didn't Masthead try to build their own engine? From what I could gather from that forum, they never finished it and released anyway. And yes I agree about Hero, but as I understand, that other big name game that used Hero used a custom version.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by Raxeon

Didn't Masthead try to build their own engine? From what I could gather from that forum, they never finished it and released anyway. And yes I agree about Hero, but as I understand, that other big name game that used Hero used a custom version.

doesnt mean hero engine doesnt have its own issues but it should be fixable