Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What i have and have not enjoyed so far.

mesechemeseche Member UncommonPosts: 27

First off i would like to apologise for any spelling or gramatical errors.

Well as my title say i am going to give a run down of what i like and dislike about the game. i would also enjoy to read what everyone else has been thinking of this game so far (bad or good).

pros

To start off i really enjoy the melee combat that has been worked into this game. Seeing sabers attack and block in ways that are mostly fluid really makes me feel like i am actualy doing something with in the game that other games for me personaly have been falling short.

The story in this game coupled with the voice acting really goes hand in hand to keep me entertained and wanting to press on and keep on playing because i am curious to see where the story will go.

The sound and music

Last thing i can think of that really makes this game a unique experice for me are the war zones. I know some people hate them but i really enjoy them (when you have a team who play by the warzone and not go out and just killing as many players as posible) Hutt ball is my favorite because it is a twisted version of american foot ball, rugby and football all roled into this firey pit of chaos that really seems to work.

cons

The story. While i love star wars and bioware i will admit that i have an expectation indepth the stroy of the game should be especially coming from bioware. Kotor has been and will always be a awsome clasic that i will enjoy. Other titles from bioware have always been a pleasure to play (except for ME3) While i stated it in the above as a pro i really think bioware could have done soo much more. In other bioware tittles i feel like i am within the game making a difference wether i am the heroic self sacrificing fool or the cut through arse who will get the job done no matter the cost. I really don't feel that they put this key dynamic that they have in all their other games.

Lack of character customization and lack of alien races i really wanted to be a Togruta or a Wookie

Space combat i understand that people really wanted it in the game but this rail space combat to me is pointless. I personaly think that if they were going to do space combat that they should have made it a full 3 dimentional simulator.

In conclusion there are alot of other things that i could have talked about but these really are the things that i like and dislike. The like right now out weigh the dislike so i will keep on playing this game becaues i really do enjoy it and i will admit that i am some what bias because it is star wars. SO what do you all think about the game?

Comments

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

I found the sound to be one of the weakest parts, for some reason the Music didn't seem memorable and most of the time it wasn't even playing. I'm not sure if a lot of it is original and not used from the movies, it couldn't be cause I loved music in SWG, in SWTOR it mostly sounds shit. 

Then you have the lack of atmospheric sound, there is no like wind, animal noises or crickets like you get in other MMOs. Even on planets where it is should be snowing you get none and on that rainy planet you never really heard the rain. The NPCs are all voiced but only in the cutscenes, though they do say the odd thing like once or twice in your whole time on a planet. I could stand next to Waterfalls and hear no roar from it or flowing water. Even on the Hutt controlled City planet, you could stand right under the flying cars and you got no sound effects from them. People say it must be your PC, but I've played the game on my three PCs and round a friends and it is the same on each machine, just poor sound design.

The other thing is there seems to be no atmospheric Music, in WoW you could set it to loop and you'd have this amazing sound in the background like when you go to STV. I haven't played WoW since TBC but that is what it was like back then anyways.

The poor sound design was just one of the major flaws that made me stop playing and no patch any time soon will be fixing any of the fundamental flaws.

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718

I also thought the music was pretty weak.

One of the problems was that it wasn;t written by one man but by a stable of no-name composers, all seemingly told, 'Do it like Star Wars - but not too much like Star Wars since we don't want to pay John Williams the rights'.