Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

world of warcraft, expansion after MOP announced.

Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

Blizzard metzen officiually annoucnced 5th expansion, new expansion is in development after mist of pandoria. Sweet jesus,.

here is the linkL

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/world-of-warcraft-mmorpg/world-of-warcraft-news/in-the-works/

Comments

• evictonevicton Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by Bobbie203

Blizzard metzen officiually annoucnced 5th expansion, new expansion is in development after mist of pandoria. Sweet jesus,.

here is the linkL

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/world-of-warcraft-mmorpg/world-of-warcraft-news/in-the-works/

No really surprising at this point even if they dropped down to 2 mil they'd still be making money..

I mean didn't eq have like 11 or so expansions?

Now they do need to consider a new pricing stucture. Even with the current discounts on the old xpacs a new player has to shell out close to 100 bucks just to get current with the content. Thats before they pay a sub fee. Now there prolly isn't a whole lot of new players comming in but a high entry fee is not a good way to attract new ones.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

good news, WoW isnt dying anytime soon

edit: tahts one interesting video, exciting

• KendaneKendane Member UncommonPosts: 225

Not really seeing a problem here. EQ has almost as many expansions as its been out in years, so considering that WoW is in its like 7th year with just 4 xpacs, doesn't seem so bad. Just doesn't seem to be all that suprising news to me is all I'm saying.

• lootdudelootdude Member UncommonPosts: 14

It's no big deal, because all good things must come to an end

Occupy VoT, Occupy ORG, GO GO GO

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

If they are already planning a 5th expansion, the means MoP may only last a couple of patches before the next content releases.

Kind of strange seeing this, but well its their game, let em do what they want.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Iirc, when BC is release they are already working on the next x-pac, LK, so im not surprise regading this. They always do that. Its good that devs have a future road lay ahead for their game.

Just hope that they will learn from past mistake, try not to make too many new ones, and improve the game greatly.

For blizz, they make their own lore, not tie down to any movie or books, so in fact they could have an endless stories, endless x-pac...

Hmm... just thinking they would just come out with a warcraft RTS for a change, when D3 is done, to add more lore and stuff to the universe...

RIP Orc Choppa

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Agreed with above, not surprising.  MoP is going to be tough to top.  I can only imagine what they'll do for the new one.

I just hope they don't re-work Outland in the process.  It's one of the few places that still feels like WoW.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by Dragonantis

If they are already planning a 5th expansion, the means MoP may only last a couple of patches before the next content releases.

Lol... You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

Even before TBC was released, Blizzard confirmed they were planning / considering themes and ideas for several future xpacks.

• KendaneKendane Member UncommonPosts: 225

Originally posted by Netspook

Originally posted by Dragonantis

Lol... You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

Even before TBC was released, Blizzard confirmed they were planning / considering themes and ideas for several future xpacks.

I was going to say to be fair Cataclysm came out last year. Then I looked it up and remembered it released in 2010. So even if MoP comes out in like...May, thats still a year and a halfish. Guessing it will probably follow the trend of releasing in Fall/Winter which would be 2 years. Regardless other mmos like EQ released a xpac every year and even EQ2 has around 8 xpacs so 4 and acknowledging theres a 5th isn't that bad. Not sure why I am defending this since I quit the game a year ago....meh must be bored.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847

Blizzard also confirmed that development for Pandaria started in late 2010, a few months before Cataclysm was released.

But MMO developers starting a future expansion before the next expansion is released yet shouldnt be a new concept. Everquest was releasing 2 expansions a year 10 years ago.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

I don´t think they they are building the world yet, or doing quests or anything like that.  I think what they are doing is going over the main lore story-archs and figuring out the continent and zones.   At this point it is all probably just talking and brainstorming.  They probably know if they are adding new races or classes and stuff like that.  Probably have some people doing sketches.

Here is the thing.. people think it takes forever to build the actual world... it doesn´t take nearly that long.  Just a few months ago, they were going to have 5 zones in MoP.. in those few months, not only did they decide to add 2 more, but they created new (fantastic) art for the zones and stretched the map to accomodate those bigger areas.  NOTE:  They added 2 new zones without decreasing the size of the orginal 5.

Someone mentioned MoP might be short.  I think they have already mentioned there is only going to be 3 tiers per expansion.  So really, we get the box (probably July or August.  December we get the 2nd tier, and around Maynext year we get the final boss (Garrosh).

I do think they are going to work very hard to get expansions down to 18 months at the most.    MoP will probably be about 20 months after Cata (December 2010)