Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multiple post-MoP expansions planned.

GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

The next one is even being talked about already and ideas are being tossed around.

So much for the haters talking about WoW's decline, and how it's all coming to an end. ;)

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/23/blizzard-already-talking-about-post-pandaria-wow-expansions/

Comments

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Not really a big surprise, Software companies tend to plan well ahead for development so Blizz probably have the next 5-10 years already planned out. Of course they still have to reaxt to how the game is recieved and of course they have other projects on the boil as well, so timescales for the actual development will change from time to time, but the general outlines will have been long established.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    For blizzard, once a new x-pac is launch they will start working on the next. With the incremental of 5 levels per x-pac I guess they have plan till at least 2 more after mop, giving players at level 100.

after which really depends how the market reacts to new I think ...

RIP Orc Choppa

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

Lets say the worst has happened and WOW has lost another 1M subscribers in the last 2 months, which brought it down to 9M subscribers.  That is still  8.8M  More subscribers than other games have had when they do expansions.

One really telling thing about the ´decline´ in wow is how many copies of MoP they sell in the first day.  I think most of the expansions have sold like 2.5M copies on the first day, which is the west only.  If MoP sells the same, or even more in the first day, it will be a huge indication that most of the sub loses have been in China which I believe is the case.  The fact that WOW is generating as much revenue now as it did before the declines started indicates that it was mostly ´cheap´ subscribers that were lost from China.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Am I the only one that sees the getoutfrog.jpg forming?