Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Way too easy on Normal?

2»

Comments

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Originally posted by byson123

The game itself will always be easy since they have made it so you can solo the game on any difficult. The only diffrence with grouping is that the monsters get stronger and killing them goes faster. In Diablo 2 where you get more exp, gold and better/more loot from joining a party, but in Diablo 3 they removed all of that from the game. There's realy not even any point to play with others in the game except for the social part but I'm not sure I would pay for a super casual singleplayer game.

They removed everything that made Diablo 2 fun.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Multiplayer

Blizzard is definitly a solo friendly company, I expected this. Even the starcraft 2 is solo, and Im talking the multiplayer part ...lol...

Seriously, the first starcraft took some teamwork, but now you can just let your allies die, while you build up, then attack all by yourself.

Anyway, its sad to see D3 go like this, I use to love the franchise.

• kimahriskimahris Member Posts: 55

You guys are wrong. D3 will kick ass no matter what you think. Even the little NM vid whgere you see that guy skillspamming the boss for like 10sec and the "mini boss" only lost 1/10 of health while the hero actually died right after.  Most of thing in the game is for the best. People whining about RMAH...I remember begging mom for his credit card to buy some duped HRs from some random site. I also remember 3/4 of my friendlist buying stuff from other 3rd site.  So now its safer. Easier to get the best deal and for the one that do now have a life...kid,a job or college...well,they can spend 1hour of work to actually save (x) hours of (x)farming. Just google any other freaking game and you will find a site selling something for that game.

About the difficulty....looks good to me. Me and friends will log and ventrillo normal mode the first night and have a blast at it.Then the real stuff start.. 1hitting stuff will not be boring the first time around. And if i ever do a second char well,it will just go faster cause i know where to go,what to do,and will have stuff to actually grind the content faster.Everything i saw so far isnt game breaking. You guys are all whining because its not like diablo 1 or 2...well you're right,its diablo3 ! 

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

I'll probably co-op normal and solo the other difficulties, maybe do a co-op hardmode later.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Originally posted by Axxar

Anybody else concerned Diablo 3 will be way, way, way too easy on Normal difficulty? Seeing people playing Act 1 it looks like it's impossible to die unless you go AFK for several minutes. Most boss fights seem to end with your character at 90% or higher health, even if the player screws up majorly and doesn't adhere to the mechanics of mobs.

I realise that like in Diablo 1 and 2 there are harder difficulties later, but at least in those games you had to look at the screen in order to complete Normal mode. It seems that playing through on Normal is going to be a grueling experience that may put you off the game because it's so ridiculously easy.

This is probably my most major concern with the game at the moment - even more of a concern than the RMAH. It seems like a long shot, but my only hope is that they've decided to nerf the difficulty to oblivion for some weird testing reason. Do you think they'll fix the difficulty to be more on par with other games at release?

I can see that. Every single player game this year has been way to easy on Normal mode and requires you to play hardmode or better if you want to enjoy and not fall asleep play the game.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

I'd like difficulty settings to actually mean more than increased damage against you and increased hit points/resists for the enemy.  I understand it's not an easy thing to pull off but you might as well not even have an option if that's all the slider/change is going to do.  Big qualm I have with almost every game ever.

• They've drastically increased the difficulty of the beta content now, so it looks like it might turn out alright after all. Strange though that they were so adamant on it not being too easy and then buffing the difficulty majorly out of nowhere.

But then again, the difficulty level was truly out of whack. It was pure insanity. So all's well that ends well. And it's not the only good bit of news. They've also added the Nephalem Valour system to counter some of the issues brought on by freespecs. Looking promising!

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

watching the streams health globes seem to drop too frequently on normal, then again this is just a few hours of Act 1 and as blizz say it's meant to be easy to ease new players into the game.