Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How good will my computer run GW2?

WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216

Greetings.

I'm no computer expert, and have little knowledge about computer components when it comes to upgrading and such. I now and then use www.systemrequirementslab.com to see  if I can run games, and about how good I can run them.

And since GW2 only have Minimum requirements announced so far, those are the ones I can compare to.

But what do you guys that know more about computers then me think? How good will my computer handle GW2 you think? And do you think I have to upgrade something to run GW2 at higher settings. Would like to enjoy GW2 in all its glory.

• Minimum image

CPU

Minimum: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better

You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz

PASS

CPU Speed

Minimum: Info

You Have: 3.2 GHz

Bios Name

Minimum: Info

You Have:

Name:

BIOS Date: 10/07/08 10:13:27 Ver: 08.00.14

Version:

American Megatrends Inc. 0403

OS

Minimum: Windows XP Service Pack 2 or better

You Have: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 64-bit

PASS 

Video Card

Minimum: Nvidia GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better

You Have: GeForce GTX 285

PASS 

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Required

You Have

Pixel Shader version

Vertex Shader version

Dedicated Video RAM

256 MB

1.0 GB

Sound Card

Minimum: Yes

You Have: VIA High Definition Audio

PASS 

Free Disk Space

Minimum: 25 GB

You Have: 324.5 GB

PASS

I dont know how trust-worthy this site really is, but its the best I can do since I dont know anything about these things. -hehe- ^-^'

Comments

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

This site is trustworthy, but to know how good your pc will run it you would need to have the recommended settings

EDIT:

My bad, apparently the 285 is a good card

You will run on very high most likely

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216

Ok. That sounds good.

I would anyways like to hear from more people. So if anyone sees this thread, please comment. ^^

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

Originally posted by PrinceDamien

Ok. That sounds good.

I would anyways like to hear from more people. So if anyone sees this thread, please comment. ^^

I got more a less same specs as u, my GFX card is not as good (GTX 280), but my CPU is better Core2Quad 2.83Ghz. Should run it just fine

we'll see this weekend

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

High settings, with possible lag in large WvW battles due to a CPU bottleneck.

But overall it'll run well :)

• WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216

Originally posted by ComfyChair

Ok. What would I need to upgrade to reduce the lag in large WvWvW's?

Not that its a break-dealer. Since I normaly do lower the settings in PvP for the extra smoothness.

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

Originally posted by PrinceDamien

Originally posted by ComfyChair

Ok. What would I need to upgrade to reduce the lag in large WvWvW's?

Not that its a break-dealer. Since I normaly do lower the settings in PvP for the extra smoothness.

You'd need to upgrade the CPU (in which situation you'll need to replace the motherboard and RAM really, i wouldn't go for a core 2 quad any more). But you should be ok most of the time :)

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

Your computer is more than butch enough to run GW2 on at least medium settings (possibly with some set to high). I woudn't worry about it.

Just to add some perspective to this...

ArenaNet: If you can easily run Guild Wars 1 on all of its highest settings, then you'll at the very least be able to run Guild Wars 2 on medium settings.

It's not that demanding of a game.

• canyourunitcanyourunit Member Posts: 1

First of all, thank you dinams for calling us trustworthy. I'm the new community manager (and not a troll) for canyourunit and I stumbled across this thread and thought I'd thank any of you who have used our service. 

We only have the min requirements up at this time because the recommended haven't been officially released yet. You can count on us getting the recommended in as soon as they are released. 

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Depends how much you are willing to spend.