Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for MMO that meet certain criteria

CorruptedTNCCorruptedTNC Member Posts: 3

Hey all, got a little request for everyone.

Recently been searching for a new MMO, but haven't managed to find one that I actually like so far. I've got a fairly strict list of what I'd like to play, so here goes:

• Must be largely/completely grinding.

• Must not be too large for a download, 4gb is max.

• MUST have some sort of rebirth/new game+ feature. This is the most important of all.

• Must NOT be in broken english.

Have no lifed Runescape, maxed 2 accounts, have maxed every class available on Maplestory. Tales of Pirates could not keep me interested.

So there we go.

Comments

• omega78omega78 Member UncommonPosts: 260

The minute you said rebirth, my mind thought Mabinogi.

Grinding? Sure check, theres a lot more to do but to that you'll be needing some AP, to get AP you level.

Download? Hm...don't really remember I don't believe it goes beyond 4g.

Rebirth feature- Check yeah! Everytime your character hits 20 you ca nrebirth him to the age of 10-17 (17 being the most efficient) Doing so will start you off at level 1, but you will still maintain all of your skill ranks and the stat boosts from them.

Without buying character cards, one can rebirth for free every 3 weeks. If you do buy cards, you can rebirth every week (1 card per week, a card is 7.9k NX so roughly 8 dollars) it is completely possible to progress with free rebirths only, hell most of the people I knew only free RBed, on top of that characters below total level 100 can rebirth every day to get them started.

Did I mention that there are two kinds of levels? Exploration and Character, Character is increased from your average stuff, killing monsters and doing quests and what not, exploration is increased by exploring Iria, the "new" continent, they both give you AP and they reset upon rebirth.

Mabinogi has a lot of similarities to Runescape, if you enjoyed that you may just enjoy Mabinogi. The game is classless, you can be a warrior one second and then whip out your bow to deal some ranged damage, your party can then be in a pinch after a fight and you can salve their wounds with your healing spells and bandages. Etc Etc.

The translations are quite flawless, one good thing Nexon has going for them; their translations are usually spot on.

Give it a go, it will be well worth the try.

I wish you luck in your endeavors.

• CorruptedTNCCorruptedTNC Member Posts: 3

So spent ~6 hours downloading Mabinogi from a terribly slow server, only to find that I can't play the game as I live in the UK.

For anyone else who stumbles across this thread: Do NOT download Mabinogi from the .nexon.net website if you are outside the Oceanic region. Instead, make sure the url contains nexoneu.com. There are rumours about the EU server being shut down, however these are unconfirmed.

Thanks for the suggestion, looks like my search continues.

• omega78omega78 Member UncommonPosts: 260

Aww hell, I'm sorry that that happened...If I can think of anything else I will let you know...Hmm, would being able to play everyclass on a single character count as a new game+ style thing? If so check out Dream of Mirror Online. It has several similarities to FFXI and you can change to classes at the dojo after you unlock them... Its a pretty solid game overall. 

I'll try to remember some other games in the meantime though, I wish you luck in your endeavors.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Other than the DL size you could try out Lineage 2 i guess.

• CorruptedTNCCorruptedTNC Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by omega78

Aww hell, I'm sorry that that happened...If I can think of anything else I will let you know...Hmm, would being able to play everyclass on a single character count as a new game+ style thing? If so check out Dream of Mirror Online. It has several similarities to FFXI and you can change to classes at the dojo after you unlock them... Its a pretty solid game overall. 

I'll try to remember some other games in the meantime though, I wish you luck in your endeavors.

I'm annoyed at Nexon, they mentioned absolutely nothing of an ip block for anyone outside the Oceanic region, and let me download the NA game without any problems T_T

Am downloading the EU version just to see if it would've kept me occupied for the time being.

Playing every class on one character is what drew me towards Eden Eternal, but that only held my interest for a few weeks :/

Thanks once again for suggesting Mabinogi, and I'll have a look at Dream of Mirror tomorrow.

• acoley77acoley77 Member Posts: 6

Exploration and Character, Character is increased from your average stuff, killing monsters and doing quests and what not, exploration is increased by exploring Iria, the "new" continent, they both give you AP and they reset upon rebirth.