Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Not Play Maple

RoxOnFireRoxOnFire Member UncommonPosts: 32

Do Not even attempt to play Maple Story.

Was a player there for 4 years,leaving for a year and just came back last week.

Played for 2 hrs on my night lord in Nath.Logged off.Logged back on 3 days ago,and WHAT do you know?

700mil mesos GONE.Atkbwg GONE.13 sets of FURIES GONE.high statted pirate top GONE.ponk cape GONE.earrings GONE.

MTS is hacked .FM is Hacked.Thousands of players either lost their items mesos and equips or Totally lost their entire ACCT.

This game needs to be shut down completely.The Korean CEO could care LESS about its player base.

Nexon doesn't give a rats ass about anyone,except for $. All they do is add new content that is glitched,hackable,unplayable.

Meanwhile are they working on giving their customers the  attention that they should? NO. Not 1 RESPONSE to ANYONE about ANYTHING.They don't like bad press. They don't like attention outside of their disgusting little world they are in.

I'm saying now that anyone who has been hacked,been ignored by nexon,has lost $ through this game,has been violated and raped by this game and its illegitimate players,NEED to STOP PLAYING ASAP.

Already they have lost 80% of the regular players. They need to lose 100% in order to get the message that operating a game that involves tremendous loss to its players without compensation IS ILLEGAL.

I do not know how Korea operates,but the U.S. doesn't stand for  illegal practices.

They KNOW their HackShield is GARBAGE.

They KNOW gold spammers are using the messenger service.

They KNOW there are dupe hacks,fly hacks,dchacks,etc going on in the game.

They KNOW thousands of people are being hacked.

Yet,where are they tonite???

ADDING THE ASCENSION UPDATE!

This is what their mentality is.

They don't give a shit about YOU or your $ as long as they keep collecting it.

Maple Story is NOT FREE TO PLAY,IT IS HACK TO PLAY.

That is why it is called HACKSTORY.

So. heed my words those who are thinking of signing up to the game.

Yes.Work on your characters.Put money into them.Dress them up.Work hard to level them.Enjoy your friends there.

And when the day comes that you log in and your character is naked and broke and equipmentless,or ALL TOGETHER GONE, you will get that feeling in the pit of your stomach akin to being violated and raped,and you will know what it feels like to be a victim.

Stop feeding the GREED MACHINE called Maple Story.

Bellocan-3/2008-9/2011

Comments

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

What do you expect from an F2P?

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• KyllsynKyllsyn Member UncommonPosts: 110

Originally posted by RoxOnFire

Played for 2 hrs on my night lord in Nath.Logged off.Logged back on 3 days ago,and WHAT do you know?

700mil mesos GONE.Atkbwg GONE.13 sets of FURIES GONE.high statted pirate top GONE.ponk cape GONE.earrings GONE.

MTS is hacked .FM is Hacked.Thousands of players either lost their items mesos and equips or Totally lost their entire ACCT.

This game needs to be shut down completely.The Korean CEO could care LESS about its player base.

Nexon doesn't give a rats ass about anyone,except for $. All they do is add new content that is glitched,hackable,unplayable.

Meanwhile are they working on giving their customers the  attention that they should? NO. Not 1 RESPONSE to ANYONE about ANYTHING.They don't like bad press. They don't like attention outside of their disgusting little world they are in.

I'm saying now that anyone who has been hacked,been ignored by nexon,has lost $ through this game,has been violated and raped by this game and its illegitimate players,NEED to STOP PLAYING ASAP.

Already they have lost 80% of the regular players. They need to lose 100% in order to get the message that operating a game that involves tremendous loss to its players without compensation IS ILLEGAL.

I do not know how Korea operates,but the U.S. doesn't stand for  illegal practices.

Yes.Work on your characters.Put money into them.Dress them up.Work hard to level them.Enjoy your friends there.

And when the day comes that you log in and your character is naked and broke and equipmentless,or ALL TOGETHER GONE, you will get that feeling in the pit of your stomach akin to being violated and raped,and you will know what it feels like to be a victim.

Bellocan-3/2008-9/2011

Well said, I used to merch +19 WGS , made bills litterally, till the last patch then I lost everything from the MTS TRADE hacking that stole my account info and got everything I had. One time I called NEXON help services, they told me to check the forums to ask for help. To this day, that thread still has no replies from a moderator, and is over 1000+ views.

all derp'd out and nowhere to herpaderp.
  • RoxOnFireRoxOnFire Member UncommonPosts: 32

I play 3 F2Play games.

Never once has there been a problem of hacking,or any of the things that go on in Maple Story.

I can name them if you want.

Here is the link to the Maple Story Forum that's going on right now about it.

http://forum.nexon.net/MapleStory/forums/thread/7906358.aspx

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Option 11: never touched it, because graphically it looks like a facebook game with a heaping dose of that asian je ne sais quoi vomited all over it.

I'm definitely not "one of those" when it comes to graphics, but come on, there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Originally posted by Himshim

Bellocan-3/2008-9/2011

Well said, I used to merch +19 WGS , made bills litterally, till the last patch then I lost everything from the MTS TRADE hacking that stole my account info and got everything I had. One time I called NEXON help services, they told me to check the forums to ask for help. To this day, that thread still has no replies from a moderator, and is over 1000+ views.

I did use the MTS the day I was logged on.And that is the only thing I can think of that caused me to get raped.Had NO idea since I have been off the game for over a year.

Originally posted by twodayslate

Option 11: never touched it, because graphically it looks like a facebook game with a heaping dose of that asian je ne sais quoi vomited all over it.

I'm definitely not "one of those" when it comes to graphics, but come on, there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Lol. Yes. They made it more cartoonish since i've been away. And you are lucky/smart to have never set foot there.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Originally posted by twodayslate

Lol. Yes. They made it more cartoonish since i've been away. And you are lucky/smart to have never set foot there.

I just did recall that I used to know some IRC people who got into the game and formed their own little joke guild some years ago.  About once a week at least one (sometimes all) of them would come into the room talking about having their accounts hacked.  Sometimes less than a week after changing their password.

They never took it very seriously though, so they didn't seem to care all that much.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

As a rule I don't play Korean games anymore because most of them are crap.  And I say this as one who has played a few....

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

I experienced being hacked too on Maple.  As soon as I come back, my 33 mil of my cleric are gone (yeah I know it's not a lot but for me it is).  Basilmarket is signing a boycott, but it's all useless.  With every p2w game, there's always at least a small percentage who think themselves invincible/unhackable and pay money anyway. 

I really hope Nexon goes down, even for f2p/p2w company standards, they suck.  Probably below even gpotato/frogster.

As for why I came back, it's because Maplestory has something (not talking about 2d side scrolling) that all these other WoW clones don't.  I love the Mechanics class.

But boycotting the game isn't really essential.  The essential thing is to stop paying those cash cows money (and I have never payed for any p2w game anyway).  Then they realise they gotta step up their game since Maplestory is where the majority of their profits come from, thanks to Henehoes.

• bisurgebisurge Member UncommonPosts: 168

Oh no, a capitalist company only cares about how much money they make, This is news to me.

• kyuhodakyuhoda Member Posts: 4

agreed,

nexon is way too corrupted now...

watever problem you may get, you wont get answers from them directly. 

example : I stiill get emails with the title  "follow up for customer service" from months ago...or wait, was it last year? lol

follow up meaning they have too many requests that they cannot answer right now....blah blah blah. for a year, huh? xD

• xTalenTxTalenT Member Posts: 29

Wow your mad. I would be to but thats what you get for playing a 2d game that has no "customer" or player support.

• PandapranksPandapranks Member Posts: 10

That seems like a really harsh review for a f2p game. I love the game tyvm.

• LaserB3AMLaserB3AM Member Posts: 2

First off, Wizet developed the game, its published by Nexon, and they have to make a profit. Thats why stuff like the cash shop exists. But you can play through the whole game to the cap just as easily (besides teleporting) without spending a dime on useless crap. I wouldnt call that greedy. Hacking is a problem for any mmo, but i've never been hacked, with over 50 million users people are bound to be hacked, sorry you're 1 out of millions that havent but its just not that much of a problem.Also, maybe theres gold spammers and people begging for fame in Scania and Windia, but in less populated servers, its not an issue at all along with lag and hackers. Plus, you're saying that new content is a bad thing? Forfeit the quest if theres a bug, theyre bound to fix it otherwise. Every company needs money, but you wont get this much content unpaid from any other free to play, its all there besides dumbass clothes that go over your actual armor for no benefit whatsoever.

Finally, the graphics are STYLIZED, and i'd much rather play this vivid 2d game then one of it's knockoffs(here's looking at you elsword!) but can understand peoples graphical issues, but dont compare it to browser and facebook games, anime style art just isnt for you, don't be a dick.

Frankly the class system and depth of skills could quite possibly be larger than any other free game out there, and i enjoy it quite a bit. Bugs happen in mmos, but that shouldnt stop you from playing this game.

--Level 96 Battle Mage- Nova-LackofJustic

Level 82 DawnWarrior-Nova-S4T1SF4CT1ON

• FalconiumFalconium Member Posts: 20

200 Bowmaster (Hacked), 194 Dark Knight (Hacked), 171 Paladin, 144 Buccaneer (Hacked), 120 Dawn Warrior, 114 Priest, and 101 Sniper (Hacked) here.

Don't play MapleStory. The community is awful; you basically are viewed for your range (DPS for other games) and your %primary. How do you get these things one may ask? Hack or spend money. Honestly, I'd recommend the former, as Nexon does absolutely nothing to them, and the later will never be able to achieve what a hacker could do. Even if your moral values are too high for hacking, you better be ready to spend over 10 grand (I was around 4k when I quit) to be able to compete in raids such as EC or Akyrum. Assuming you are crazy enough to get the 400% primary to do those, the next database exploit that comprimises accounts will get you eventually. 'Hardcore' raiding in WoW is around 5 days a week, but hardcore raiding in MapleStory is around an hour a week.

Even if you aren't looking to get to the top raids, there are still hundreds of better games, if not thousands. Over a year after I quit and I'm still getting e-mails saying they're working on my customer support request. D-

• FalconiumFalconium Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by LaserB3AM

First off, Wizet developed the game, its published by Nexon, and they have to make a profit. Thats why stuff like the cash shop exists. But you can play through the whole game to the cap just as easily (besides teleporting) without spending a dime on useless crap. I wouldnt call that greedy. Hacking is a problem for any mmo, but i've never been hacked, with over 50 million users people are bound to be hacked, sorry you're 1 out of millions that havent but its just not that much of a problem.Also, maybe theres gold spammers and people begging for fame in Scania and Windia, but in less populated servers, its not an issue at all along with lag and hackers. Plus, you're saying that new content is a bad thing? Forfeit the quest if theres a bug, theyre bound to fix it otherwise. Every company needs money, but you wont get this much content unpaid from any other free to play, its all there besides dumbass clothes that go over your actual armor for no benefit whatsoever.

Finally, the graphics are STYLIZED, and i'd much rather play this vivid 2d game then one of it's knockoffs(here's looking at you elsword!) but can understand peoples graphical issues, but dont compare it to browser and facebook games, anime style art just isnt for you, don't be a dick.

Frankly the class system and depth of skills could quite possibly be larger than any other free game out there, and i enjoy it quite a bit. Bugs happen in mmos, but that shouldnt stop you from playing this game.

--Level 96 Battle Mage- Nova-LackofJustic

Level 82 DawnWarrior-Nova-S4T1SF4CT1ON

Nova isn't any sanctuary from the poor quality of MapleStory. Keep PQing, you'll see when you hit the phase of the game that is all about cubes.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

As childish as this game looks, it actually isn't that bad. I had a lot of fun on it, more so when my girlfriend played it with me too, really the only MMO I could get her into other than WoW. Never got hacked and got to level 90 or so, but I also wasn't a super high level and didn't have tons of mesos or any gear to get stolen, so that could explain why. I dunno though, I had my fun on it, so I wouldn't steer people completely away from it.

• TroubleHunterTroubleHunter Member UncommonPosts: 70

They are having a major problem with DC's.... you try to login and the game closes completely, back to windows.

Thousands of players complaning about it on the internet, no aswers were given about it, just that usual crap: "reinstall, check for viruses, disable firewall"