Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: PAX East Attendance, New Demo & a Suprise?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

En Masse Entertainment has sent word that TERA developers will be on hand for PAX East and will be bringing along a new demo for attendees to try out during the annual show. But even more intriguing is a quote from the final sentence in the news blast.

En Masse Entertainment will also have some new details to share that are sure to excite fans of modern sci-fi at PAX East.

Thoughts or speculation?

Email news release

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Cool, I'll be at PAX east!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

surprise?= F2P after purchase!?.no monthly fee?..that ll be a nice  surprise!

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

I would SO buy it then hands down!

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Orbitxo I think you missed the sentence about "modern sci-fi". >.>

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

"modern sci-fi" ...

All of Tera is in the distant future!!!! I KNEW IT!

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Did the last dungeon video give off a scify vibe to anyone else?

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Firefly, Fringe, other recent sci-fi IP MMO?  Who knows?  But I'll be there to see!

Steam: Neph

• barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618

Tera, a fantasy based mmorpg will be followed up by

Soll, a science fiction based mmorpg.

:)

I have no idea, I just thought I'd make fun of the obvious spelling joke.

If you don't know, Terra is another name for earth, it's like they removed a letter. While Sol is another name for our sun, it's like I added a letter. And of course, many people think of sci-fi and fantasy as being polar opposites.

I know, explaining a joke doesn't help, it's just I'm worried that way to many people out there don't know these things. Last week I was talking to someone that didn't know our moon was named Luna, so yes, those people exist.

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

Orbitxo I think you missed the sentence about "modern sci-fi". >.>

woops my bad- oh well looking forward to tryin it out with beta key this weekend!

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by barasawa

<>

If you don't know, Terra is another name for earth, it's like they removed a letter. While Sol is another name for our sun, it's like I added a letter. And of course, many people think of sci-fi and fantasy as being polar opposites.

<>

TERA is an acronym so the name should always be written in capital letters. The Exiled Realm of Arborea.

They could've shortened it to anything else but after searching a bit I haven't been able to find if it was a happy coincidence or what.

• AtheaAthea Member UncommonPosts: 79

Yay! Exciting news for Tera! Not to mention the awesome and exciting features Tera already has. Cant wait!

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Well though i am mainly a high fantasy type of gamer this actually sounds like a good thing for Tera. I can imagine some pretty INSANE looking aliens to kill in this game!!!

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

The main antagonist in Tera are the Argons and the Argon's are half machine creatures.  It would make sense that their lands would comprized of a sci-fi look and feel.

But that being said, EmE is a publishing company and their mission statement does say that their main goal is to bring more eastern game's to the western market so I would not be surprised if they lined up a few sci-fi titles in there stable.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

58-60 leveling zones and mobs in TERA are about as sci-fi as it can get apart from actually being in space, I do love those zones oh so much.

just waanna throw this out there -they have the worst support and auto service.

ive been trying to create an account multiple times on different emails- and nogo. further more their hours are silly for support. they think nobody works.

i created an account at work -got home and no i cant log into it- says  its been already activated -well  no shit!- i did!...crappy service imo.

so contacting them is no use. oh well if anyone wants my beta key -contact me i will probably pass this game. just for their lame support. and log in difficulty.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Originally posted by stayontarget
    The main antagonist in Tera are the Argons and the Argon's are half machine creatures.  It would make sense that their lands would comprized of a sci-fi look and feel.But that being said, EmE is a publishing company and their mission statement does say that their main goal is to bring more eastern game's to the western market so I would not be surprised if they lined up a few sci-fi titles in there stable.

Inc book on Argons..zzzz

• Xeno326Xeno326 Member UncommonPosts: 77

Originally posted by orbitxo

just waanna throw this out there -they have the worst support and auto service.

ive been trying to create an account multiple times on different emails- and nogo. further more their hours are silly for support. they think nobody works.

i created an account at work -got home and no i cant log into it- says  its been already activated -well  no shit!- i did!...crappy service imo.

so contacting them is no use. oh well if anyone wants my beta key -contact me i will probably pass this game. just for their lame support. and log in difficulty. 

You're the only person I've came across who has had an issue creating an account for Tera on EnMasse's site. Maybe provide some details as to why you were unable to create the account, including error mesages. You never know someone here might have came across that same issue and knows the fix that could help you.

----------------------

You said you created the account at work... Have you tested logging into that account at work through the EnMasse site?

If it does login on the site at work what are you referring to as "already been activated"?

Are you talking about your Beta key has already been activated?

if you created your account using multiple email accounts and registered the key on one of the previous accounts you attempted to make and it activated, of course it won't activate on another account, the key has already been used up.

If you are trying to log into the account on the Tera Client; which doesn't seem like you are, the servers are not available to log in until Fri @ 2PM CST.

As you can see with the multiple questions I just had to ask you to figure out what the problem is that you are experiencing. You can see you didn't explain your problem thoroughly and if this is how you try to explain your issue you are having to customer service I wouldn't be surprised if the issue took several emails back and forth to decypher the problem you are experiencing.

----------------------

To address your other comment, majority of businesses, especially "Customer Service" are 8-5 so if you work a regular 8 or 9-5 job or work hours in another time zone that only allows you the free chance to call them after they're closed then you can expect to never reach customer service. Usually in this instance legal work force requirements are required to provide their workers breaks and a lunch depending on the hours you work, so maybe you can give them a call during one of those time periods so you can reach customer support during regular working hours.

If you are one of the unlucky few who for some reason are not given a break or lunch, that's very unfortunate for you and I can see your dilemma and may inquire at looking into getting a new job that enforces fair labor laws.

On that note this is why they also provide an alternate method of contacting customer service via Email. I suggest emailing them your issue and waiting for a response 24hrs later based on their email queue and how many emails they have to respond to in the order of being received.

If you are too impatient for this matter to get resolved in this manner and instead want to complain because customer service works the same hours you do, and you do not want to take the time or effort to contact them through the appropriate communication channels that coincide with your free time. I would just suggest not even commenting about how poor their support is when in actuality it is your problem that prevents you from getting in contact with them during regular hours.

These "Customer service" associates are people just like you who work and go home to a family at the end of the day. They are not robots or servants who wait on you hand on foot, keep that in mind next time you complain about customer service being poor. If this is the reason you decide to not play the game then good riddance, I can only imagine the burden you relieve from both customer service and your potential fellow players in game who would by the unfortunate chance come across you.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by barasawa

Tera, a fantasy based mmorpg will be followed up by

Soll, a science fiction based mmorpg.

:)

I have no idea, I just thought I'd make fun of the obvious spelling joke.

I know, explaining a joke doesn't help, it's just I'm worried that way to many people out there don't know these things. Last week I was talking to someone that didn't know our moon was named Luna, so yes, those people exist.

I lol'ed. Even BEFORE the explanation. ;)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

ok perhaps i wrote out of rage at first.-so here goes.

I created an account at work.

got a comfirmation email- reloged in thorugh the email in tera site (it worked). i check about the tab where to implement the beta key. but didnt put it in key couse iam on my work computer.

got home. tried to relog in and didnt do anything just stayed on the tera log in page. tried to reloged through the email i had alrerady got using the link- and it took me to the page where it said- this account has already been activated.

?????

tried to log in from main page- nothing. tried to send an email saying 'forgot password'- still no auto reply or nothing.

it was passed 8pm so i didnt expect a live chat- but at least an auto response from my sent email form an already veryfied email.

that is as far as i got. was hoping to get the game before the 23rd.

I honestly don't know what to do Orbit, I haven't had and do not know anyone who has had issues with En Masse registration or their customer service... from my experiences and people I knows experience they are some of the best customer service available.

I've sent in three tickets in my time and i've received a personal response ever time within twelve hours. Similar responses for my guildies, I love En Masse. :(

Try making a new account and registering a code that way, considering you haven't implemented a code yet from my understanding.

an update -iam currently at work- i managed lord and behold log in requested a password change- got an email immidiately- change the password used my beta key and game is active.

keep in myind iam not downloading the game  yet(iam at work so) i will wait till the end of day get home and relog from gaming computer cross fingers -ill be able to get in-and downlaod game -honestly dont want to spend the whole evening downloading a game this is what i was trying to avoid.

When downloading the game remember to go to launcher setting at the top right and turn of P2P sharing as well as making sure no limitations are being set.

ok perhaps i wrote out of rage at first.-so here goes.

I created an account at work.

got a comfirmation email- reloged in thorugh the email in tera site (it worked). i check about the tab where to implement the beta key. but didnt put it in key couse iam on my work computer.

got home. tried to relog in and didnt do anything just stayed on the tera log in page. tried to reloged through the email i had alrerady got using the link- and it took me to the page where it said- this account has already been activated.

?????

This is where your problem is at... You already activated the account before-hand, so it wont let you activate it again because its "Already Activated".

tried to log in from main page- nothing. tried to send an email saying 'forgot password'- still no auto reply or nothing.

No need to do this unless you actually forgot your password and cannot log into the account.

You said it just stayed on the login page without doing anything but seemed to work at your work PC. Sounds like a browser issue, try resetting your browser to defaults and or try another browser from a fresh install of the browser like google chrome or firefox and try logging into your account. Could also be an addon conflicting between your browser and the Tera site.

Try this again with a new browser and I'm sure you can log in then. No need for customer support to intervene.

an update -iam currently at work- i managed lord and behold log in requested a password change- got an email immidiately- change the password used my beta key and game is active.

keep in myind iam not downloading the game  yet(iam at work so) i will wait till the end of day get home and relog from gaming computer cross fingers -ill be able to get in-and downlaod game -honestly dont want to spend the whole evening downloading a game this is what i was trying to avoid.

ok just read your update, if you read my last post I believe this is the case, you have a conflicting problem with your browser on your home PC and the tera site, try the suggestions I mentioned to see if that resolves your login issue on the Tera site at your home PC. Otherwise glad you were able to get it working, again since your work computer is letting you login and your home pc is not, there is an issue with the home PC, most likely a browser problem if not then on the rare chance a security/firewall issue that you may need to look into further.