Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard took my money already

tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

I have pre-ordered mmo games for many years (since 2004). In almost every case the company did not charge me until the game was released. I just pre-ordered Diablo 3 and I find my credit card has been charged. I consider this an action of greed as the game will not be out for another two months - nor do I have access to beta (which I would consider reason for being charged). My opinion of Blizzard, which has been dropping since the Activision merger, has just reached bottom. Blizzard is now all about the money. They have kicked all the real gamers out of the company.

No I am not going to get a refund but if I do decide to get MOP I will not do it in a pre-order. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Comments

• RabbiFangRabbiFang Member Posts: 149

You could have pre-ordered it in May, or from a supplier like Amazon that are known for not taking the money until they're ready to ship. 

• TroadaTroada Member Posts: 76

Baby

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Questions:

Did you order from Blizzard or from a third-party like Amazon, Play or whoever?

Were you charged the full price for Diablo?

I could better empathize if I knew these things.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• RabbiFangRabbiFang Member Posts: 149

In summary, he bought it for the full price from Blizzard.

Personally, I paid a whole £15 less and bought it from Amazon.co.uk. Amazon have always ensured my game arrives on the release day, and further more, they don't take the money until the day they ship.

Don't blame Blizzard; blame yourself for not shopping around and researching it sufficiently. 

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Blizzard probably should have made it clear it would be charged right away rather then when the game is relesed, but then again it does let you download the full game then and there so I guess It is kind of implied you'd be charged right away? 

Doesn't steam so the same, you can pre-download a pre-order but you're charged right away?

But as pointed out the digital version in the UK at least is £45 but the boxed version from amazon etc is around £30-35, I pre-ordered last year from Amazon for £28.99 - saving me £16 /flex

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i know GW2 will be taking the money too for all pre-orders

D3 preorder faq

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-presale-information

When will I be charged for my pre-order?

Your pre-order will be billed immediately. Please allow some time for the charge to appear on your bank statement.

• EluwienEluwien Member UncommonPosts: 196

World is about money, lets all cry for how horrid that is, like we wouldn't have the right to choose when and where we spend it.

DAoC - 00-06 - And every now and then
    WoW - Online since launch - and now back again.
    EVE - Online since 07 - and still on, and on, and on..
    WHO - Online 08-10
    LOTR-O - Online 06-08
    Also played : Asherons Call, EverQuest, EQ2, Dungeons & Dragons, Cabal, Dark & Light, GW, 
    GW2, LA2, Ryzom, Shaiya, SWG, Allods, Forsaken World, ArcheAge, Secret World, Darkfall, Rift, ESO, Tera.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Doth need to better understand the difference between Pre-Purchase and Pre-Order before coming here whining about how you didn't read the fine print!

You can only Pre-Purchase Diablo III direct from Blizzard, meaning they will take your money right away as well as:

*When you pre-purchase Diablo III, you will be able to download an encrypted version of the game that will be unlocked upon release on May 15.

Thus you are buying the game data now and have the option of storing it on your PC when the game unlocks on its release date.  

Pre-Ordering from say Amazon as mentioned above, is placing an order for a pre-determined date in the near future.  Meaning they won't charge you until said retailer has it in hand and its ready to ship to the consumer.  

Anyway...