Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth to re-sub B4 FTP

marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

I enjoyed Aion and have been subbed on a couple of occassions in the past. Was actually considering re-subbing again but found out that it's going F2P in a month on April 11 in NA. My qustion is if there are any incentives or bonus that you'd receive if you subbed now besides just playing the game, or should I just wait for F2P?

Comments

• Marchosias31Marchosias31 Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by marzatplay

I enjoyed Aion and have been subbed on a couple of occassions in the past. Was actually considering re-subbing again but found out that it's going F2P in a month on April 11 in NA. My qustion is if there are any incentives or bonus that you'd receive if you subbed now besides just playing the game, or should I just wait for F2P?

Well to be honest, you just missed the chance for the really kool armor they were giving away IF you had a sub by the 13th of March.

That being said, you could sub now and start playing, giving yourself a chance to get out of the starting areas before everyone and their mothers are there.

I currently have a sub, though im really not playing it. Im waiting for a new server to be released, which theres a extremely high chance  one will be, a few days after launch.

Fresh server= no high level killing/ganking us....We WILL be the high levels doing the chasing haha.....

Whatever happened to the IN BIOWARE WE TRUST signatures?

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

No point in resubbing now. 

You  missed out on all the cool bonuses. 

As a 2 year player of Aion and it being my favorite mmorpg it pains me to have to leave behind my end game pvp legion because of this F2P move. I understand it is needed for the games survival, and thats fine. I just don't plan to dedicate 1/2 my life to the game or spend $100's of dollars a month to compete in end game content and pvp. As the game stands now people can compete even if they only play semi casual and join a good legion, once F2P rolls around I bet even the top geared members of my legion who do not pay will get rocked by those who over spend. 

Thank god GW 2 is comming out soon. 

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

Originally posted by Calintz333

No point in resubbing now. 

You  missed out on all the cool bonuses. 

As a 2 year player of Aion and it being my favorite mmorpg it pains me to have to leave behind my end game pvp legion because of this F2P move. I understand it is needed for the games survival, and thats fine. I just don't plan to dedicate 1/2 my life to the game or spend $100's of dollars a month to compete in end game content and pvp. As the game stands now people can compete even if they only play semi casual and join a good legion, once F2P rolls around I bet even the top geared members of my legion who do not pay will get rocked by those who over spend. 

Thank god GW 2 is comming out soon. 

are there already any infos about the cash shop for the na version?

i had the same feeling like u when i heared about the eu version goes f2p. but i was suprised when ive seen the cs. to me its realy fair and there is no item which makes it p2w.

maybe u should give it a try before leavin.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

GW2 has cash shop... Not sure how it will be any better/worse.

People fail to understand, Free2Play means they have to make money from the cash shop.  And the only way to make money from the cash shop is to offer advantages.  There aren't nearly enough players interested in buying costmetic items to support the greed of investors and CEO's.

Such is life, games that fail, go Free2Play.  Just look at WoW.  If Free2Play was a better option than Sub based they would have switched.  Obviously you make more money on Sub style, assuming your game is popular enough to have the subs.

I think DAOC might be the only example of low population MMO that is resisting the cash shop!

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

Originally posted by Painlezz

People fail to understand, Free2Play means they have to make money from the cash shop.  And the only way to make money from the cash shop is to offer advantages.  There aren't nearly enough players interested in buying costmetic items to support the greed of investors and CEO's.

Actually Aion goes a different route. The free players are heavily limited while gold users have the normal game just how it was before Aion went F2P. So it's a bit like a P2P game with a heavily limited free trial. The most important cash shop item (the gold pack) can be bought from players ingame, thus a heave player (aka no lifer (;) can easily get gold status without paying any more. Casuals without gold account won't have much fun though.

LFG!
  • William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Originally posted by eHug

Actually Aion goes a different route. The free players are heavily limited while gold users have the normal game just how it was before Aion went F2P. So it's a bit like a P2P game with a heavily limited free trial. The most important cash shop item (the gold pack) can be bought from players ingame, thus a heave player (aka no lifer (;) can easily get gold status without paying any more. Casuals without gold account won't have much fun though.

Maybe the EU versoin.   Didnt they say no account restrictions for NA ?  Play any class any race go to any zone ?

Originally posted by William12

Maybe the EU versoin.   Didnt they say no account restrictions for NA ?  Play any class any race go to any zone ?

non gold members acctually can "Play any class any race go to any zone " in the eu version too. but they have higher cool down times for instances, cant write in world chat and have some limitations in trading.

thats not true. im playin on a new server. u can buy there a gold pack for ~3.6kk. its not hard to earn that amount. for casuals maybe u need 2 days to get that much.