Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exhaustive list of REMADE zones

corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

remade zones i've seen.......

misty thicket,

commonlands,

north & south ro,

innothule swamp,

nektulos,

freeport,

steamfont......

am i missing any?  if so, i'd like to go check them out

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

Comments

• vorrin5vorrin5 Member UncommonPosts: 71

Lavastorm

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

As of friday many of the mobs in zones were remade as well. Also, some of the old school items, while similar have been upgraded as well.  They are now Fabled items. Pretty cool, makes some of the older items useful again!

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

thanks.

was getting mad XP.  in about 45 minutes i think i leveled 3 times in Lavastorm.  from level 19-22 with an ogre beastlord.

any other zones that have been remade?

Corpus Callosum    

• TrappinTrappin Member UncommonPosts: 66

Needs conformation but I believe Toxxula (sp?) outside of Erudin was retextured.

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Somebody know if a mod excists that can change the mini map?

It's soooo ugly...

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Played EQ back in the day and loved it...thought i'd boot it up again when it recently went FTP.

OMG, can we say dated graphics? I mean you'd have to carbon date the graphics. EQ had its time and was a classic, but i dont think i could seriously go back now to play it.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

Originally posted by Trappin

Needs conformation but I believe Toxxula (sp?) outside of Erudin was retextured.

not only retextured, but completely remade as well.  thanks!

any others?

Corpus Callosum    

• Agnostic42Agnostic42 Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by wrightstuf

Played EQ back in the day and loved it...thought i'd boot it up again when it recently went FTP.

OMG, can we say dated graphics? I mean you'd have to carbon date the graphics. EQ had its time and was a classic, but i dont think i could seriously go back now to play it.

The graphics may be old, but I love them. People complain about new games not having enough depth and content. Nothing and I mean nothing can top the amount of content in EQ. The only reason I don't play EQ still is because the old EverCrack statement holds true on me. I'll play for days if I could and never get any work done.

If you were playing with the original graphics I could see someone complaining, the Luclin graphics make the game look much much better. if you did not have them turned on, do so. For some of the graphics snobs that won't be enough, but for those who love a challenging game with so much content that 1 single person could not do it all in several years real time, EQ is your game.

For remade zones, I think you guys covered all of the retextured zones, but several others have had their mobs redone while the textures remain the same.

Crypt of Dalnir

Splitpaw

Howling Stones

Plane of Mischeif

Plane of Hate

Siren's Grotto

Rathe Mountains

Greig's End

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

Adding to the list of reworked zones.

Cazic Thule -- Changed from 25-35 to 60+

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• tarestares Member Posts: 381

Originally posted by agnostic4eve

Originally posted by wrightstuf

The graphics may be old, but I love them. People complain about new games not having enough depth and content. Nothing and I mean nothing can top the amount of content in EQ. The only reason I don't play EQ still is because the old EverCrack statement holds true on me. I'll play for days if I could and never get any work done.

If you were playing with the original graphics I could see someone complaining, the Luclin graphics make the game look much much better. if you did not have them turned on, do so. For some of the graphics snobs that won't be enough, but for those who love a challenging game with so much content that 1 single person could not do it all in several years real time, EQ is your game.

For remade zones, I think you guys covered all of the retextured zones, but several others have had their mobs redone while the textures remain the same.

Crypt of Dalnir

Splitpaw

Howling Stones

Plane of Mischeif

Plane of Hate

Siren's Grotto

Rathe Mountains

Greig's End

Splitpaw is level 70ish mobs and is always level 80+ plus player camping the zone for AA.  Howling stones doesn't seem revamped at all, when went there to farm fabled, aside from the fabled spawns.

edit: tried HS again tonight and the loot tables are new.