Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was going to play but....

2»

Comments

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

Originally posted by Bobbie203

OP Wait for archeage. That game will probably save sandbox.

You can own lands, naval warfare with other guilds, do epic ai npc boss fights, siege, build your own castles, houses.

You can harvest your materals dragings carts which mortal online doesnt have all archeage feature.MO  it has is sege and land fights exploits everywhere, buggs memory leaks. Its buggy client patch.

You know what? I think you bring up a good point... I think AA may bring more people over to sandbox gameplay. As long as it does well I can picture alot of themeparkers saying "You can plant trees? Thats awesome!" 

And from that point on all themeparkers will demand tree-planting, and sandbox type crafting in their games. Not to derail the thread but this may also have a positive effect on MO also, with a bigger base that may want to try it.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by xDayx

Not to derail the thread but this may also have a positive effect on MO also, with a bigger base that may want to try it.

I doubt the issue is that few dare to try MO, but for one reason or another few remain after trying it out. If those who are sandbox fans by default are having issues with MO, I think those who just dipped their toes into "sandbox" through AA will too.

Originally posted by Toferio

Not to derail the thread but this may also have a positive effect on MO also, with a bigger base that may want to try it.

I doubt the issue is that few dare to try MO, but for one reason or another few remain after trying it out. If those who are sandbox fans by default are having issues with MO, I think those who just dipped their toes into "sandbox" through AA will too.

I agree with you. Im hoping pve-content will increase retention a bit more than now and for a re-redo of the current tutorial system by the time AA comes to NA.  

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

Honestly, I'd be willing to play a game like MO; but the lack of community support is pretty bland. I love games that don't hold you hand, like MO does, but there's a difference between taking time to learn, and wasteing time figuring out. I attempted to find some helpful guides or video series, but not much of anything that really helped. That's why I love EvE, so much community assistance, it's impossible to fail.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

Originally posted by Sora2810

Honestly, I'd be willing to play a game like MO; but the lack of community support is pretty bland. I love games that don't hold you hand, like MO does, but there's a difference between taking time to learn, and wasteing time figuring out. I attempted to find some helpful guides or video series, but not much of anything that really helped. That's why I love EvE, so much community assistance, it's impossible to fail.

Heres a Basic Mechanics guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxxFoHKqq0c&feature=relmfu?hd=1 

Character Creation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeGzM-_BAM&feature=relmfu

In aIn  

There is also a guild called "New" that the community created for that specific purpose.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

yea joining the guild NEW found in fab would solve msot of your issues with learning the game.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.