Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanilla servers

Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

I'm enjoying revisiting my old characters on Bertoxxulous, but I wish there was a vanilla server available.

Pre-planes of power maybe or even pre-Luclin? Does anyone know if anyone out there hosts an EQ vanilla server?

Comments

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

There are a couple, that cannot be mentioned on this site. Google "Everquest Classic Server".

The other option is EQMac - which, requires a Mac. There are threads discussing a Pc client, but those get squashed because it is an unofficial client. EQMac is locked at PoP.

After recently purchasing an early 2008 MacBook Pro, I returned to Norrath 9 and a half years after I last played. Nostalgia nor the onslaught of time has not been kind: horrid, blocky graphics and poor textures, and bereft of players in classic low-level zones e.g. EC, NRo, Oasis. I paid my respects to the Shady Swashbuckler, then camped out for the final time on Oasis docks.

Placing nostalgia to one-side, if you honestly and objectively can handle the graphics without rose-tinted glasses, then EQMacs is your best option. But the full classic experience, with a server chocked full of players? The nearest you'll get to that reality is a SOE progression server.

Me? I finally laid the ghost of EQ to rest, without regret and rancour. Farewell Norrath (as I remembered it).

Cheers!

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."