Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Already played longer than...

JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

So EQ F2P servers just came up Friday Morning at 12:01 PST.  I've already played on the new server longer than I played SWTOR for my free month. EQ is that good.

It's not the same EQ I grew up playing 12 years ago, but it's still the best thing I've played on the market. 

Comments

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Good stuff, yeah Vox has been a blast.  It took them awhile to fix the tutorial issue, but once that was fixed, lots of people are enjoying their F2P characters on Vox.

Such an old game, but still so addicting.  And the newbie rush is still so fun. image

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Originally posted by Mardy

And the newbie rush is still so fun. image

Although the competition for mobs to advance your quests, especially the bigger spiders, is kinda fierce.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Funny, I played for about half an hour and after I logged off on Friday, haven't logged on since and haven't felt ANY urge to.  Which annoys me.  I want to like this game but it's just boring right out the gate.

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

Originally posted by elocke

Funny, I played for about half an hour and after I logged off on Friday, haven't logged on since and haven't felt ANY urge to.  Which annoys me.  I want to like this game but it's just boring right out the gate.

It appeals to certain personalities.....

Like SWG or TOR or EvE or WoW do/did.

I'm glad to hear the server update went well.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I love the world and the classes, but I just can't bring myself to do it again. Will have to wait for EQ Next I think.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

[mod edit]

Thats said, to the OP, glad you are finding entertainment in EQ. Its actually very very fun! I have a blast everytime I log in. regardless if im soloing or in group. Yes, grouping is the top line of most excellent fun! especailly when you have a good group :-D

Glad you are enjoying it!

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by xpowderx

Dear Jackholes,

No one cares if you dont like the game, or are bored!

EQ players love the game, nuff said. If you want to whine go do it on the WOW forums or something. That way you and the panda players can have something incommon!

Thats said, to the OP, glad you are finding entertainment in EQ. Its actually very very fun! I have a blast everytime I log in. regardless if im soloing or in group. Yes, grouping is the top line of most excellent fun! especailly when you have a good group :-D

Because everyone who doesnt enjoy EQ in its current state is a WoW player? .... grow up, that whole rhetoric is just childish.

I remember EQ players being mature when I played it, I am hoping that you are not representative of the current player base for the sake of the returning players.

• headenheaden Member UncommonPosts: 229

Dear Jackholes,
    EQ players love the game, nuff said. If you want to whine go do it on the WOW forums or something. That way you and the panda players can have something incommon!

People need to learn to post only good things about games and to fall into line with whatever the topic is otherwise we may end up with a world with differing opinions and long run on sentences trying to be witty and clever.

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146

... Well I am personally enjoying EQ again. most fun I've had with an mmorpg in a loooong time. :]

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

Originally posted by headen

People need to learn to post only good things about games and to fall into line with whatever the topic is otherwise we may end up with a world with differing opinions and long run on sentences trying to be witty and clever.

Welcome to MMORPG.com.  In the Pub, I made a post against the OP's view and was reported within minutes.

My perma's coming some day.  Being controversial on this site is a death sentence.  Just try to make a thread that says positive things about WoW.

• KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

Dear Jackholes,

If people like you play eq, no thanks. I'll take 14 year olds in general chat anyday over grumpy old men.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Eh both sides are being overly sensitive for no good reason, but then it's mmorpg.com so I suppose this forum drama isn't out of oridnary.

Anyways, aside from the extremes of both sides arguing, Vox is doing very well and majority of the people I've talked to are very very happy with EQ's F2P implementation.  The game obviously won't be for everybody, but it's very fun for a lot of people.  Hop in and join the fun, it's free image

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• meltingstarsmeltingstars Member UncommonPosts: 51

Saw this thread last night and decided to try it out.  What surprised me is how similar it was to SWTOR, or in this case, how similiar SWTOR is to EQ2, which is kind of strange for the difference in years both games have. 

I'd even go as far as to say EQ2 has more immersion, as I could actually swim in water.

Got to level 5 last night, seems interesting and the player stats seem rather in depth.  Yet I enjoy reading forums at this moment while I wait for some beta tests.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Well, canceled my TERA pre-order. I can't pull myself off of this game. The community is amazing on Vox, guild is thriving, and people are grouping up and having so much fun. I guess if you find a game you like, might as well stick with it even if it is old.

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137

Originally posted by 8nf8n8ty

Saw this thread last night and decided to try it out.  What surprised me is how similar it was to SWTOR, or in this case, how similiar SWTOR is to EQ2, which is kind of strange for the difference in years both games have. 

I'd even go as far as to say EQ2 has more immersion, as I could actually swim in water.

Got to level 5 last night, seems interesting and the player stats seem rather in depth.  Yet I enjoy reading forums at this moment while I wait for some beta tests.

Did you try out EQ or EQ2?   Both are FTP, though this forum/topic is about EQ but you mention EQ2.  I have played them both, but got burnt out on EQ2 and grew tired of doing the same quests ad nauseum.  EQ I just went back to and am enjoying it more than any other  MMO in a while and went Gold for a year when the station cash sale was going on a few days ago.

• blayugsblayugs Member Posts: 108

EQ2 F2P is a joke, you arent competitive with P2P players even in simple dungeons as you cant wear better than average gear or cast master spells.

I want to like EQ it would be fun to have a good communtiy but I just cant stand the interface or the questing. I dont want to have to type in sentences to trigger quest dialogue. Too bad because the classes look fun.

Hopefully Sony does a better F2P model with Vanguard.

Originally posted by blayugs

EQ2 F2P is a joke, you arent competitive with P2P players even in simple dungeons as you cant wear better than average gear or cast master spells.

I want to like EQ it would be fun to have a good communtiy but I just cant stand the interface or the questing. I dont want to have to type in sentences to trigger quest dialogue. Too bad because the classes look fun.

Have you even played EQ F2P? I'm lvl 70 atm, and haven't paid a cent. The only thing I cant equip so far is some Augments.

Edit: Oh didn't see you said EQ2. Why is everyone talking about EQ2, this is the EQ1 forum lol.

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Boy am I sure glad I could care less about being "competitive" with other players! I also feel blessed that I don't mind typing sentences. Whew! That was a close one!

Originally posted by Jimmydean

Have you even played EQ F2P? I'm lvl 70 atm, and haven't paid a cent. The only thing I cant equip so far is some Augments.

Edit: Oh didn't see you said EQ2. Why is everyone talking about EQ2, this is the EQ1 forum lol.

Dont you miss out on AA being F2P ? Also you wont have access to the better spells .

Dont you miss out on AA being F2P ? Also you wont have access to the better spells .

You get 1000 free AA, and you can buy higher tier spells for like a 1 time $2.50 unlock fee. So yes, eventually you will have to buy the AA unlockers, or switch to Gold for a month to grind your AAs. But getting the free 1000 AA is going to take a long time in itself, plus I've seen people like t1 raid gear from the newest expac that isnt even prestige, so I don't think the item restriction is gonna be all that great. Still an amazing amount of content for free, I plan to play for free until im lvl 85 or so and 1000 AA, then switch to gold for a few. Which will cost me 7.50/month, since I bought some SC when it was half off.

• chukekle1chukekle1 Member UncommonPosts: 33

Originally posted by evilastro

I love the world and the classes, but I just can't bring myself to do it again. Will have to wait for EQ Next I think.

Enjoy the wait, EQ Next has been talked about for years and years, i don't see it happening. Hell they just recently a few months ago shutdown 3 studios and fired more then 250 people. The EQ series is going down the tube and EQ Next is just a wishful thinking ideal for EQ fanboys.

• chukekle1chukekle1 Member UncommonPosts: 33

You get 1000 free AA, and you can buy higher tier spells for like a 1 time $2.50 unlock fee. So yes, eventually you will have to buy the AA unlockers, or switch to Gold for a month to grind your AAs. But getting the free 1000 AA is going to take a long time in itself, plus I've seen people like t1 raid gear from the newest expac that isnt even prestige, so I don't think the item restriction is gonna be all that great. Still an amazing amount of content for free, I plan to play for free until im lvl 85 or so and 1000 AA, then switch to gold for a few. Which will cost me 7.50/month, since I bought some SC when it was half off.

No you don't, you get 250 AAs, you gotta spend 5 dollars to get silver membership to get 1000 AAs, so if you want over 250 AA you are gonna be paying for it, also with the spell tiers it is not a one time unlock fee, you unlock for 1 character, maybe you should do your homework cause you are spreading some major misinformation in your post. I forgot to mention your lie about prestige raid armor as well, i have friends in T1 raid gear and it is infact prestige without augments, T1 GROUP gear is the non0prestige stuff. If you compare this to other F2P games it is no were near them in the amount of content you get, this F2P is a complete failure and with Aion going F2P next month EQ failed with their huge restrictions. EQ is not F2P it is freemium, you will be absolutely worthless higher level unless you pay them a monthly fee, you won't even be able to solo very well since free and silver members can only use the worst mercenaries in the game.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Originally posted by chukekle1

Originally posted by evilastro

Enjoy the wait, EQ Next has been talked about for years and years, i don't see it happening. Hell they just recently a few months ago shutdown 3 studios and fired more then 250 people. The EQ series is going down the tube and EQ Next is just a wishful thinking ideal for EQ fanboys.

Once planet side 2 comes out you can probaly expect EQ next development to speed up, it looks like they will be testing the forge light engine on planetside cause the game seems to be easier to make than a RPG, Im thinking EQ next will be out end of next year or atleast beta but thats just an estimate on my part.

As for EQ free to play im havign quit alot of fun playing my wizard however i may stop playing or atleast noit as much when Guildwars 2 comes out but we will have to wait and see for that though.

Well thankyou for proving my point that the F2P players will not be competitive in EQ.

• TyvolusNextTyvolusNext Member Posts: 192

Just a bit of a  re-cap what is happening here (not that it doesnt happen time and again on most of the boards on this site)...this is a forums for EQ players and those who may be potentially considering the game.  The OP, is having fun in game and wanted to share that for other LIKE MINDED players.  Of course all the miserable folks (this isnt the word I want to use, think another "F" word and replace) need to hijack the thread and then get all mad like ignorant school children when anyone says ANYTHING negative in response to their negativity.

Must suck to be so miserable in life that the only joy you can muster is to try and steal other peoples sunshine.  Some of you "folks" need to drop dead.

Enjoy !!