Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS3 or XBOX360

13»

Comments

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Originally posted by Deleted User

The PS3 doesn't break like the 360 evetually does. That is all you need to know when buying a console.

QFT.  I absolutely hate SOE, but even I have to admit, the ps3 is pretty good quality.  I've gone through an xbox, and 2 xbox 360s.  My PS, PS2, and PS3 all still work like new...

360 has much better online set up.  The servers can hold more people and the overall GUI is better than PS3.  However, as mentioned before.  The Graphics and sound of the ps3 is far superior (i mean quiet running in sound).  My latest 360 is a couple years old now and I'm waiting for the thing to melt, it's starting to sound like a vacuum again (which happened to my xbox and my old 360 before they broke).  Unfortunately it's just cheaper to buy a brand new one than to repair the old one when something hardware breaks.

PS3 has much better graphics, and supports 3d gaming.  Also Kinect works nowhere near as good as how it's shown in the commercials.  The PS Move set up is much better.  I've only had to realign my wand a couple of times, that's it.  Nothing like Kinect where I have to say a command 3 times, then go pick up my controller because I'm pissed off at the thing and do it manually lol.

I've played Battlefield 3 on PC, PS3, and 360.  360 is easily in last place.  The graphics on PC and PS3 are very similar, but on 360 you can tell it's barely able.  I've also heard that in the future they're releasing an update for PS3 to expand the maximum number of players to 32-40.  The 360 can't handle that many, so from what I've heard it's only going to be for PS3.

If there's certain games you want to play, then that changes everything.  The only reason I really have my 2nd 360 was so I could continue playing Halo.  Other than CoD and that, I almost never play on my 360.  If you are a CoD fan and want to know which is better for that, the multiplayer on 360 is much better.  There's millions more players, and MLG plays on 360s not PS3.  Graphics-wise they're almost identical between 360 and PS3.  I think Activision just made 1 version for both, and my PS3 outter (I have bf3 case add on with fan) doesn't even come on playing CoD on PS3.

Summary:  PC > PS3 > 360  (except for Halo and CoD)

• c0nceptc0ncept Member Posts: 13

It all depends on what you are looking for.  I now own both so I can fairly say:

XBOX 360 is built for gaming and interacting with friends. The reason I play mainly xbox is because my friends are on it. The features are well worth the $50 a year if you will be playing it frequently.

PS3 is a family entertainment console. For free you can play all your favorite multiplayer games with people. But the other features are great such as the bluray disc player for those amazing movies(Star Wars and Avatar). And also the Netflix app which is supurb to the other console's Netflix.

But in the end you need to decide whether you want a gaming system for the elites or a gaming/entertain ment system that is more cost effective.

Hope this helped anyone who is wondering.

Keep Gaming My Brethren.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
    This is how i see it, i have had both systems. I can't stand FPS games at all, there just my style. I am more of a RPG type guy. So for me i wen't with the ps3, they have everything that is my play style, jrpg,wrpg. and two mmo games coming out just for the ps3. For some the ps3 is not just some entertainment system, it's a hardcore rpger dream system. But in short Xbox~FPS games, bad community in that genra of gameing, little bit of rpg games, mostly little kids from what i have seen and heard. PS3~better games all around,better community, easyer to use for the first time.
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

If I were to buy one right now, I would definitely choose ps3 because it has more games that I would like.  Like little big planet, modnation racers, and twisted metal o.o

Edit:

my cousin said that xbox has much more jrpgs than ps3 :O

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**