Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just Preordered! What attracted me to the game..

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I really enjoy TERA and cant wait for release. I totally agree that this game just gives me that old school feeling that I have not had in years with a mmo since my early days of Lineage 2. I finally got a chance to do Secret Base Dungeon this weekend and those boss battles totally blew me away. Never have I played  a game that has me totally immersed into battle whether it be a BAM, World Boss, Dungeon Boss, regular mob or a PvP Battle. I was just thinking to myself that this is just the low level stuff so I can imagine how it is at high level.  

En Masse is a very good company that really listens to the players and I think they will go very far with this game if they continue with the quality of support that they are giving.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Mannish

I really enjoy TERA and cant wait for release. I totally agree that this game just gives me that old school feeling that I have not had in years with a mmo since my early days of Lineage 2. I finally got a chance to do Secret Base Dungeon this weekend and those boss battles totally blew me away. Never have I played  a game that has me totally immersed into battle whether it be a BAM, World Boss, Dungeon Boss, regular mob or a PvP Battle. I was just thinking to myself that this is just the low level stuff so I can imagine how it is at high level.  

En Masse is a very good company that really listens to the players and I think they will go very far with this game if they continue with the quality of support that they are giving.

I completely agree, fighting BAM's is very immersive.

The first time I tried to solo one I "almost" won and then was hit and down. But the second time I realized that the encounter felt like a huge life or death fight.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

No fights get incredibly difficult until level 60 from what I gather...but Kelsa hardmode and Artifact Guard hardmode might have you smashing your monitor lol, let's hope it's not nerfed for NA.

Still waiting on info from the monster invasions, the patch is being implemented right now. ^-^

I read something about Open World Dungeons. Is this something thats in game now or comming later?

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

I read something about Open World Dungeons. Is this something thats in game now or comming later?

already in game, the first one is around lvl30+ i didn't go last beta because i was farming SM like no tomorrow and getting nothing -.- and pvping. but they are already in game.

Originally posted by rexzshadow

already in game, the first one is around lvl30+ i didn't go last beta because i was farming SM like no tomorrow and getting nothing -.- and pvping. but they are already in game.

Good to know that I have one to look foward to at 30. Which one is SM?

Good to know that I have one to look foward to at 30. Which one is SM?

new instance dungeon at 26, i do suggest doing it with 27+ because well going in at 26 well your going to die at least one almost always XD. But man full party of 26 doing SM was so fun..... as a tank it was mana nightmare because your undergeared boss just drains your mp so fast when you block XD

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

How heavily instanced is this game? I quit SWTor mainly because of how ridiculously instanced it was... Is it a large open world, or zone after zone?

Originally posted by Zarynterk

How heavily instanced is this game? I quit SWTor mainly because of how ridiculously instanced it was... Is it a large open world, or zone after zone?

LARGE seamless open world, as in there is no loading screen at all unless you use a teleport scroll to town, die and res to down, or use a teleporter. Most instance are dungeons like many other games and few story line quest but thats about yet. Rest is all open world you can travel by foot/horse.

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

Very cool...

• KhalifaKhalifa Member Posts: 15

Tera is AMAZING imo,I haven't had this much fun since TBC.I seriously can't wait for release! 

This is the sleeper hit of the spring/summer MUST BUY!

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Tera is something I would definately play, RIGHT NOW. But since it's released in May, there might be something better.

Tera is a great game and all but when you put together D3-GW2-TSW (The Secret World) it might pale in comparison.

Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Tera is something I would definately play, RIGHT NOW. But since it's released in May, there might be something better.

Tera is a great game and all but when you put together D3-GW2-TSW (The Secret World) it might pale in comparison.

Not to those like me who dont care about D3-GW2 or TSW. Even though I dont care for GW2 I repect it as being a game to look foward to. TSW is still a game nobody has heard of or  even talks about. D3 is not even a mmo and already looks outdated to Lineage Eternal. 

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    ^ Newsflash. Those games will release, some will not like them, some will, the world goes on.
    People will play whatever is fun to them.

Zealots, I tell ya. Keep waiting on what may or may not come.
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Dang it fast Mannish :p
    My post was @ the post you replied to.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I started watching tera about 2 years ago and fell in love with the graphics but thought " meh just another Korean grinder" I couldn't believe it when I read about them westernizing it.

Then along came TOR and my friends all wanted to play it so I fogured tera was just a game I'd never end up playing.

Well ...... 2 months later TOR sucks and everyone quit! I am so looking forward to playing this. After getting a chance to try it I'm still not 100% on the game play but with nothing else to play and being rather bored and still in love with the look of the characters and the world I'm going to preorder it.

I only made it to lvl 10 in CB3 but I really enjoyed the way the game played and found the no targets a refreshign change. The quests were all pretty lame after comeing from TOR with all it's voice acting, but...look how that turned out at 50 :P

• JohnnyMotrinJohnnyMotrin Member UncommonPosts: 439

I just preordered yesterday.  The fighting system has me hooked!  As others have said, this game kind of just snuck up on me. I wasn't planning on liking the game, rather testing it on my new rig and low and behold I was treated to a system that I find way too addictive (in a good way!).

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Yep, I myself questioned this game before I tried it. Even after the first Beta, which I didn't make it off the starter island, I questioned it. But after the last beta, and playing up through the first few dungeons and BAMs, I'm hooked. Can't wait to get started in this world, it's HUGE!

• AtheaAthea Member UncommonPosts: 79

I just preordered the game yesterday after viewing this thread and then looking up TERA. I've been playing SWTOR since I quit Rift (when SWTOR came out). I have 2 Lv 50s (sorc/pt) (Valor 54 and 56) and one level 48 (marauder). I've done everything in the game, very dissapointed with SWTOR and im sick of playing easy MMO's I want somewhat of a challenge, thats why I've been playing Battlefield 3, not enough "action" in MMOs just hotbar mashing. I havent been able to try TERA yet but have been researching it since I preordered it.

I like the idea that you have to aim, but I dont get why you cant aim with your mouse? But then again I havent even tried it yet and im sure once I start playing it will be awesome.

Have to wait till the 23rd to play in the CB >_< cant wait. so sick of waiting on bioware, so sick of the same mmo's. anyways.... there's my rant.

[EDIT] OH I forgot to add, I love Lineage 2 also and I hate how it takes me a week to get a max level toon (SWTOR). I hope they make the max level in this game VERY hard to get to (like in Lineage 2) and I hope they dont drop the needed xp per level down just because its the North American version.[/EDIT]

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Pivotelite

I have never liked tanking in any game but lancers seriously draw me in, they are pretty OP, and blocking with them just makes you feel like a beast.

Yeah, I'm not one to be "the tank", even though my main in LOTRO was a Guardian. But I really love how the lancer plays.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Originally posted by Athea

I just preordered the game yesterday after viewing this thread and then looking up TERA. I've been playing SWTOR since I quit Rift (when SWTOR came out). I have 2 Lv 50s (sorc/pt) (Valor 54 and 56) and one level 48 (marauder). I've done everything in the game, very dissapointed with SWTOR and im sick of playing easy MMO's I want somewhat of a challenge, thats why I've been playing Battlefield 3, not enough "action" in MMOs just hotbar mashing. I havent been able to try TERA yet but have been researching it since I preordered it.

I like the idea that you have to aim, but I dont get why you cant aim with your mouse? But then again I havent even tried it yet and im sure once I start playing it will be awesome.

Have to wait till the 23rd to play in the CB >_< cant wait. so sick of waiting on bioware, so sick of the same mmo's. anyways.... there's my rant.

[EDIT] OH I forgot to add, I love Lineage 2 also and I hate how it takes me a week to get a max level toon (SWTOR). I hope they make the max level in this game VERY hard to get to (like in Lineage 2) and I hope they dont drop the needed xp per level down just because its the North American version.[/EDIT]

It's even more fun once you get into the game. And you do Aim with your mouse? Not sure where you heard otherwise. It plays like a FPS in that sense, you have an aiming reticle that you must aim in the correct direction, then use your skills / abilities.

My only suggestion for your CBT experience is to experience everything the game has to offer. The quest leveling system is pretty linear, but the game really shines when you group up for the dungeons, BAMs, and do open world PVP. Also try out a few classes, I hated the first class I chose, but loved Lancer.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Awesome info about lancers guys thanks.  Great to see some others finding interest in the game too.

I think in beta weekends I am going to try every class I can since they seem to be a bit different here than other games.  My main interests are Lancer, Slayer, and Mystic though. 

So how viable is it to have a couple classes in this game?  Like Lineage 2 I would never have an alt because I got so into my main char and it was a nice long journey.  It is faster here I know already, but is it manageable for 2 chars?

Originally posted by Athea

[EDIT] OH I forgot to add, I love Lineage 2 also and I hate how it takes me a week to get a max level toon (SWTOR). I hope they make the max level in this game VERY hard to get to (like in Lineage 2) and I hope they dont drop the needed xp per level down just because its the North American version.

I'm not sure what you mean by this because you do aim with your mouse. :P

Well I'll be first to say, don't expect anything difficult or fun right off the bat, the Island of Dawn leaves much to be desired. However, the fun starts for me when you get to BAMs, really I just spend my time grinding the repeatable quests to kill them in groups to level up with instances on the side instead of questing, because I find fighting them fun. After you do the inital quest you get a proof of kill quest, or something along those lines and that type of quest can stack, so you can go kill 40 when you only need to kill five and the quest will read 40/5 and then you can go turn it in eight times.

Here's a map of the zone where you'll encounter your first ones, just giving you this because shockingly...a lot of people miss them somehow. :P

Also, leveling in this game is nothing like L2, it's longer than SW:TOR as it slows down at higher levels, but it's not near L2 standard, with that being said though, thanks to the combat almost every class has a completely different feel to it due to the mechanics involved, making alts fun.

@Profred- It seems I coincidentally answered the question you just posted as well when respoding to Athes. See right above this sentence for the information you wanted. Making alts will not be a problem, especially once you've done it once, you'll have the knowledge to do it again even faster. I plan on maxing a mystic, slayer and lancer...because each roll is so different and it actually makes me want to for once, plus I want to be able to provide whatever my guild needs or swap it up if I get bored.

You forgot about that 1 lvl 20 spider BAM near the lvl 17 quest hub. Its easy to miss coz there is only 1 there for some reason.

You forgot about that 1 lvl 20 spider BAM near the lvl 17 quest hub. Its easy to miss coz there is only 1 there for some reason.

The Ovolith(spider) "Arakia", the giant "Lanok" and the Kumas "Garroq" levels 20,20 and 25 are all world bosses, they spawn in multiple locations and are not the easiest to find, so I did not include them.