Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subsciption price?

ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

How much is it to sucscribe (I'm from the UK) and do I need crysta to subscribe?

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

It's around $10 U.S dollars, not sure what that is in euros.  You can use crysta or supposedly, now you can use credit/debit cards.  Of course, I tried to resub the other day with my Mastercard and it kept erroring out, yet I was able to sub to Rift and buy some BK all in the same day on the same card, go figure.  It was the last straw for me, I'm never going to even attempt to put a FF game back on my PC, they can shove it.  I've always had issues with their stupid billing systems over the years from charging me on the first of the month instead of the day I actually subbed, this with FFXI.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Well, after looking at their website today to see if it was some error on their part the other day, IT WAS.  LOL.  they had account issues on the very day I tried to resub that would keep erroring out.  And here I thought I was having problems with my bank card.  /sigh

Still...why does this company always have issues with payment systems?  I'm also a sucker and am re installing FFXIV, lol.  I just NEED to see if it's any better.

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

Originally posted by elocke

Well, after looking at their website today to see if it was some error on their part the other day, IT WAS.  LOL.  they had account issues on the very day I tried to resub that would keep erroring out.  And here I thought I was having problems with my bank card.  /sigh

Still...why does this company always have issues with payment systems?  I'm also a sucker and am re installing FFXIV, lol.  I just NEED to see if it's any better.

I stopped playing when they decided to throw in the subscription fee, so I dont know if FFXIV is similar to FFXI or not.

If it is, they shut down their subscription system at the end of every month, which is when they bill you regardless of what day of the month you subscribed. My guess is they just dont want people to unsubscribe at the last minute, and use the excuse of "server maintenance" to hide it.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Originally posted by FrostWyrm

I stopped playing when they decided to throw in the subscription fee, so I dont know if FFXIV is similar to FFXI or not.

If it is, they shut down their subscription system at the end of every month, which is when they bill you regardless of what day of the month you subscribed. My guess is they just dont want people to unsubscribe at the last minute, and use the excuse of "server maintenance" to hide it.

They changed that awhile back. Now you get a full month regardless of when you subscribe.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

It's around $10 U.S dollars, not sure what that is in euros.  You can use crysta or supposedly, now you can use credit/debit cards.  Of course, I tried to resub the other day with my Mastercard and it kept erroring out, yet I was able to sub to Rift and buy some BK all in the same day on the same card, go figure.  It was the last straw for me, I'm never going to even attempt to put a FF game back on my PC, they can shove it.  I've always had issues with their stupid billing systems over the years from charging me on the first of the month instead of the day I actually subbed, this with FFXI.

on top of the 10$/month you need to pay for a character slot which is like 2.95$ if i remember correctly. FF has always given  me trouble for payment aswell i think they try hard to make it complicated .

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by micona

on top of the 10$/month you need to pay for a character slot which is like 2.95$ if i remember correctly. FF has always given  me trouble for payment aswell i think they try hard to make it complicated .

Its $9.99 total currently which includes 1 character slot.  Thus $6.99 + $3 for 1 character.  This is until 2.0 official launches in early 2013, then the price will go up to their standard $12.99 or $9.99 + $3 for 1 character.

Originally posted by Lexin

They changed that awhile back. Now you get a full month regardless of when you subscribe.

Well thats cool. I always hated XI's billing system. Now if only they would get rid of PlayOnline.

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

Originally posted by Khrymson

Its $9.99 total currently which includes 1 character slot.  Thus $6.99 + $3 for 1 character.  This is until 2.0 official launches in early 2013, then the price will go up to their standard $12.99 or $9.99 + $3 for 1 character.

Do you get much discount if you by say 3/6/12 months?

Well thats cool. I always hated XI's billing system. Now if only they would get rid of PlayOnline.

They did, you only have to use it to log into FFXI now.  All other functions are pretty much defunct as far as using it for billing.  Just the way FFXI was designed in that removing PlayOnline totally would require quite a bit of reprogramming the infrastructure ~ or so said SE.

You use the SE Account Management Website for all things billing and account management for both FFXI and FFXIV now.

Originally posted by Shari

Sure do~!

Fee Type

Service Period

Fee (*1)

Basic Service Fee (*2)

30 days

$6.99 (or 699 Crysta) 

90 days

$17.97 (or 1,797 Crysta) 

180 days

$29.94 (or 2,994 Crysta) 

Character Fee (*3)

30 days

$3.00 (or 300 Crysta) 

So basically its:

• $9.99 for 1 month

• $26.97 for 3 months

• $47.94 for 6 months

When considering that your typical P2P MMO costs:

• $14.99 for 1 month

• $41.97 for 3 months

• $77.94 for 6 months

I'd say its a rather fair deal.  Course once FFXIV launches with 2.0 in 2013 the prices will return to their originally planned $12.99 rate.  And while I can't use FFXI as a template since it never had blocks of time you could buy, only month-to-month, I'm assuming that for FFXIV it'll be something like: {each option would include the fee for 1 character}

• $12.99 for 1 month

• $35.97 for 3 months @ $11.99 a month

• $64.95 for 6 months @ $10.99 a month

That'd still be a rather fair deal!

~Anyway~

Ah thanks for that i didnt remember how much it was since they brough it back with subs payments.

I wonder how's the population since that actually, really liked my archer when it was free .

Sure do~!

Fee Type

Service Period

Fee (*1)

Basic Service Fee (*2)

30 days

$6.99 (or 699 Crysta) 

90 days

$17.97 (or 1,797 Crysta) 

180 days

$29.94 (or 2,994 Crysta) 

Character Fee (*3)

30 days

$3.00 (or 300 Crysta) 

So basically its:

• $9.99 for 1 month

• $26.97 for 3 months

• $47.94 for 6 months

When considering that your typical P2P MMO costs:

• $14.99 for 1 month

• $41.97 for 3 months

• $77.94 for 6 months

I'd say its a rather fair deal.  Course once FFXIV launches with 2.0 in 2013 the prices will return to their originally planned $12.99 rate.  And while I can't use FFXI as a template since it never had blocks of time you could buy, only month-to-month, I'm assuming that for FFXIV it'll be something like: {each option would include the fee for 1 character}

• $12.99 for 1 month

• $35.97 for 3 months @ $11.99 a month

• $64.95 for 6 months @ $10.99 a month

That'd still be a rather fair deal!

~Anyway~

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Out of interest do they offer timecards and if not are they planning to in the future do you know?

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Out of interest do they offer timecards and if not are they planning to in the future do you know?

Not directly, as in there is no such official FFXIV Time Card, like say WoW or Rift or TOR have.

There is however a similar means using the Ultimate Game Card which is from a 3rd party source that Square-Enix uses with FFXIV.  Using that link you can find stores in your area that carry the card.  Note that this is only a means to purchase Crysta without a debit/credit card, but the Crysta can then be used to purchase time for both FFXI & FFXIV!

Redeem Instructions:  {How to use the card with your FXIV Account!}

• 1. Log in or register for a new Square Enix account.

• 2. Within the Square Enix Account Management System, select “Payments and Service Fees,” then click “Add Crysta.”

• 3. Select the amount of Crysta to purchase and click “Next.”

• 4. Select “UltimatePay” as your payment method and click “Next.”

• 5. Highlight the menu offering more choices and select “Ultimate Game Card.”

• 6. Enter your email address and Ultimate Game Card PIN number, then select “Add Card.”

• 7. Follow the instructions to complete your purchase.

You can similarily use the same method above, but choose the Paypal option instead and purchase Crysta that way.  That is of course if you have a Paypal account linked with say a bank account or a debit/credit card, but if you had a debit/credit card you can always just sign up with a reacurring monthly charge.  

With Crysta though, even if you have enough balance on your account to afford an additional month its non-recurring.  You have to manually go back in and choose to continue the next month thereafter and from then on. 

Not directly, as in there is no such official FFXIV Time Card, like say WoW or Rift or TOR have.

There is however a similar means using the Ultimate Game Card which is from a 3rd party source that Square-Enix uses with FFXIV.  Using that link you can find stores in your area that carry the card.  Note that this is only a means to purchase Crysta without a debit/credit card, but the Crysta can then be used to purchase time for both FFXI & FFXIV!

Redeem Instructions:  {How to use the card with your FXIV Account!}

• 1. Log in or register for a new Square Enix account.

• 2. Within the Square Enix Account Management System, select “Payments and Service Fees,” then click “Add Crysta.”

• 3. Select the amount of Crysta to purchase and click “Next.”

• 4. Select “UltimatePay” as your payment method and click “Next.”

• 5. Highlight the menu offering more choices and select “Ultimate Game Card.”

• 6. Enter your email address and Ultimate Game Card PIN number, then select “Add Card.”

• 7. Follow the instructions to complete your purchase.

You can similarily use the same method above, but choose the Paypal option instead and purchase Crysta that way.  That is of course if you have a Paypal account linked with say a bank account or a debit/credit card, but if you had a debit/credit card you can always just sign up with a reacurring monthly charge.  

With Crysta though, even if you have enough balance on your account to afford an additional month its non-recurring.  You have to manually go back in and choose to continue the next month thereafter and from then on. 

can you get these from the UK?

Dunno, go to the site I linked and search for your country.  Or see if you can order online and have it shipped or whatnot...lol

They did, you only have to use it to log into FFXI now.  All other functions are pretty much defunct as far as using it for billing.  Just the way FFXI was designed in that removing PlayOnline totally would require quite a bit of reprogramming the infrastructure ~ or so said SE.

Thats my whole point, though. I would be playing FFXI again right now if it weren't for this. I still have my FFXI login information, but I lost my PoL password.

I tried to recover it a few months ago, but SE's rude and inept customer service wanted more information from me than I would need to open a bank account. Some information I didn't have, such as the date I opened the account, and the original credit card number I used to subscribe (that card has been long expired by now). They wont give me my account information, so I can't play without buying the game all over again...thats not gonna happen.

Wow wanted tto go back to playing and i cant find my gamebox , seem there no download for the client either .

can anyone confirm there no Download link ? for FFXIV

Wow wanted tto go back to playing and i cant find my gamebox , seem there no download for the client either .

There is no digital DL link.  At least not with this client, but there will be one for the 2.0 client.  Anyway, since you own the game already, just find a torrent of it and DL the data.  Even if you didn't own the game its not like you could play without an account and CD key.

There is no digital DL link.  At least not with this client, but there will be one for the 2.0 client.  Anyway, since you own the game already, just find a torrent of it and DL the data.  Even if you didn't own the game its not like you could play without an account and CD key.

Yeah i'll try the Torrent , i just though there was a DL link  like some mmo's have though your account , i already have a Cd-  key i just cant find my box with my dvd's .