Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am shocked

Comments

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Originally posted by Superduper69

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Originally posted by mrw0lf

From an official GW2 hater (me):- I actually see nothing wrong with the price, the Rytlock figurine looks solid and if you're a fan I guess the other crap is worth a decent amount too. Then we come to the stuff you'll get in-game, which lets remind ourselves, is what they expecting you to buy regularly for the game to continue.

This kind of price model relies on hiding the cost of playing and just nibbling away at the wallet so that morons don't realise they're actually paying for something, so when you have to sell it to them up front for them to see, morons get upset "waaaahwahhh I want free!". Calm down, calm down, look there's a window over there, go have a lick.

I take it you must not have played GW1. Good job generalizing something you probably have no experience with though (the B2P model), and just taking what you likely heard from several trolls who understand just as little as you and trying to claim it as fact. This isnt their first B2P game, and anyone who actually played GW and knows anything about it knows there wasnt any "hiding the cost of playing".

I still dont get what is so hard for people to understand about the word optional. Items sold in GW1 were optional, there wasnt stuff that gave people advantages ove rother people that you needed to buy to compete. Just like this CE. There is no reason whatsoever to purchase the CE unless you want those extra items, there is nothing that youre going to miss out on by not buying it, yet I constantly see people posting in this thread that they dont want them but somehow feel theyre being ripped ff by the $150 cost.

...and if anyone needed any further proof of just how well it works or how easy it is ^^.

Yes, yes kaiser now come on, I've already shown you where the window was.

How easy what was? Oh you mean the whole still not having any proof or logic whatsoever to backup your reasoning? Yeah thats usually pretty easy to do for people talking out their ass about things they know nothing about. But i guess you probably feel that paying a subscription to "pay for the cost of running servers", or whatever excuse they use,  is somehow not getting screwed out of your money for other games. Hmmm... paying a forced fee every month in order to even play a game vs paying no forced sub and choosing wether or not to buy things if you feel theyre worth the cost.

Gee you sure sound like youre making the smart informed decision. Damn youre so smart. I wish I could be smart enough to continuously pay the full price of a product I already paid for every 3-4 months, even when the price of the product itself drops to what Im paying monthly. I want to pay 4-10x the full cost of buying the game every year just to keep playing too so that i can stop licking these windows.

No one is forced to pay for anything. people pay because they want to. I can stop paying a monthly sub whenever i want. If only you knew how ironic your whole rant really is.

Yes, you can stop paying that monthly fee... but when you stop paying it, it's bye-bye to playing that game... you see how ironic that is?

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Been wondering all day, am i the only one shocked about the $150 they are asking for their collectors edition?

And i am even more shocked that there are people willing to pay that for stuff that ends in the trashbin sooner or later.

I think its a good example of a company trying to rip off their loyal fanbase. Following in the footsteps of EA's pricing scheme for the SWTOR boxes is not a good thing.

If they continue down this road, with their itemshop we might be in for a sad and shattered dream.

Just shows how desperate we are to enter alternate realities image

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by korent1991

From an official GW2 hater (me):- I actually see nothing wrong with the price, the Rytlock figurine looks solid and if you're a fan I guess the other crap is worth a decent amount too. Then we come to the stuff you'll get in-game, which lets remind ourselves, is what they expecting you to buy regularly for the game to continue.

This kind of price model relies on hiding the cost of playing and just nibbling away at the wallet so that morons don't realise they're actually paying for something, so when you have to sell it to them up front for them to see, morons get upset "waaaahwahhh I want free!". Calm down, calm down, look there's a window over there, go have a lick.

I take it you must not have played GW1. Good job generalizing something you probably have no experience with though (the B2P model), and just taking what you likely heard from several trolls who understand just as little as you and trying to claim it as fact. This isnt their first B2P game, and anyone who actually played GW and knows anything about it knows there wasnt any "hiding the cost of playing".

I still dont get what is so hard for people to understand about the word optional. Items sold in GW1 were optional, there wasnt stuff that gave people advantages ove rother people that you needed to buy to compete. Just like this CE. There is no reason whatsoever to purchase the CE unless you want those extra items, there is nothing that youre going to miss out on by not buying it, yet I constantly see people posting in this thread that they dont want them but somehow feel theyre being ripped ff by the $150 cost.

...and if anyone needed any further proof of just how well it works or how easy it is ^^.

How easy what was? Oh you mean the whole still not having any proof or logic whatsoever to backup your reasoning? Yeah thats usually pretty easy to do for people talking out their ass about things they know nothing about. But i guess you probably feel that paying a subscription to "pay for the cost of running servers", or whatever excuse they use,  is somehow not getting screwed out of your money for other games. Hmmm... paying a forced fee every month in order to even play a game vs paying no forced sub and choosing wether or not to buy things if you feel theyre worth the cost.

Gee you sure sound like youre making the smart informed decision. Damn youre so smart. I wish I could be smart enough to continuously pay the full price of a product I already paid for every 3-4 months, even when the price of the product itself drops to what Im paying monthly. I want to pay 4-10x the full cost of buying the game every year just to keep playing too so that i can stop licking these windows.

No one is forced to pay for anything. people pay because they want to. I can stop paying a monthly sub whenever i want. If only you knew how ironic your whole rant really is.

Yes, you can stop paying that monthly fee... but when you stop paying it, it's bye-bye to playing that game... you see how ironic that is?

Umm..i am stopping the sub obviously because i don't want to play anymore or need a break? just like i can stop playing GW2 and take a month break or so just to come back later. The point remains no one is FORCED for anything, no one had  agun to my head to pay for games.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Umm..i am stopping the sub obviously because i don't want to play anymore or need a break? just like i can stop playing GW2 and take a month break or so just to come back later. The point remains no one is FORCED for anything, no one had  agun to my head to pay for games.

Im thinking that even after him explaining it the 2nd time youre still completely missing the part where I said "in order to even play a game". Of course youre not forced to pay just for the hell of it if you stop playing the game, but in order to play youre forced to pay. No gun needed. Either pay, or too bad, no game for you.

Im thinking that even after him explaining it the 2nd time youre still completely missing the part where I said "in order to even play a game". Of course youre not forced to pay just for the hell of it if you stop playing the game, but in order to play youre forced to pay.

And i am still against the word FORCED and not just the manner of paying in general. Agree to disagree but i find it abusrd whenever people use the word FORCED in context of payments for gaming.

The difference between GW2 and sub games is you can play GW2, stop playing it, and come back without the need of paying the monthly fee.. You're being contradictory here, you can't just come back to a sub based game without renewing your sub for a monthly fee... So it means if you want to play it, go pay it again, for me it's something that actually forces you to pay the monthly fee... If you like the game and you want to play it and you don't like any other game at the moment it's forcing you. I'm saying this because for B2P model, no1 is ever going to tell you - you wanna play ? ok, pay me each month for me doing nothing.

Im thinking that even after him explaining it the 2nd time youre still completely missing the part where I said "in order to even play a game". Of course youre not forced to pay just for the hell of it if you stop playing the game, but in order to play youre forced to pay.

And i am still against the word FORCED and not just the manner of paying in general. Agree to disagree but i find it abusrd whenever people use the word FORCED in context of payments for gaming.

I find it absurd that it doesnt make sense to you. Of cours enobody is putting a gun to your head and making you play the game, but IF you want to play, you have no choice, no alternative (aka forced) but to pay the fee. I really dont know how to dumb that down any further. As a matte rof fact, its kind of funny seeing your argument about the word forced and at the same time talking about putting a gun to your head being forcing. By your logic, even putting a gunt o someones head isnt forcing anyone to do anything. After all, they could simply choose to stop living. Right? Youre not being "forced" to live, youre simply choosing to live by doing what the personw ith the gun wants you to do.

The difference between GW2 and sub games is you can play GW2, stop playing it, and come back without the need of paying the monthly fee.. You're being contradictory here, you can't just come back to a sub based game without renewing your sub for a monthly fee... So it means if you want to play it, go pay it again, for me it's something that actually forces you to pay the monthly fee... If you like the game and you want to play it and you don't like any other game at the moment it's forcing you. I'm saying this because for B2P model, no1 is ever going to tell you - you wanna play ? ok, pay me each month for me doing nothing.

How am i beign contradictory when my will to play is directly related with my will to pay? isn't that how it has been for so long since days of EQ? you guys talk as if GW2 sub model is a new industry standard and for all these years we were forced to pay for the games and we just don't know it.  I just hate that attitude. 

If i have no interest in playing a game it can collect dust on my shelf even if it is F2P or B2P. 12 to 15 bucks is like a pocket change for most and hardly a factor to be considered as a 'forced payment'.

I find it absurd that it doesnt make sense to you. Of cours enobody is putting a gun to your head and making you play the game, but IF you want to play, you have no choice, no alternative (aka forced) but to pay the fee. I really dont know how to dumb that down any further. As a matte rof fact, its kind of funny seeing your argument about the word forced and at the same time talking about putting a gun to your head being forcing. By your logic, even putting a gunt o someones head isnt forcing anyone to do anything. After all, they could simply choose to stop living. Right? Youre not being "forced" to live, youre simply choosing to live by doing what the personw ith the gun wants you to do.

Guess that makes two of us.

How am i beign contradictory when my will to play is directly related with my will to pay? isn't that how it has been for so long since days of EQ? you guys talk as if GW2 sub model is a new industry standard and for all these years we were forced to pay for the games and we just don't know it.  I just hate that attitude. 

If i have no interest in playing a game it can collect dust on my shelf even if it is F2P or B2P. 12 to 15 bucks is like a pocket change for most and hardly a factor to be considered as a 'forced payment'.

Again choosing to ignore the whole "if you want to play a game" fact. Youretrying to argue a point with us, by arguing that you dont want to play the game anymore.....sorry to break it to you but that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Apples to oranges.

And what does the amount have to do with anything. Even if a monthly sub is $1, its still a forced payment in order to play. The cost doesnt magically change the argument in your favor. A payment is a payment.

Maybe your will... My will to play isn't directly related to my will to pay for the game I already payed for in store ...

If there's a new game out there, I buy it, and then the next month they didn't do anything new with the game besides few bug fixes and they say... HEY! wanna play the game next month? give me mah 15$ so I can pah for da serverz runnin' and not do shiet next month as well.. I'm sorry if my will to pay for it really drops after that and isn't at all connected with my will to play.

• AcmegamerAcmegamer Member UncommonPosts: 337

Been wondering all day, am i the only one shocked about the $150 they are asking for their collectors edition?

And i am even more shocked that there are people willing to pay that for stuff that ends in the trashbin sooner or later.

I think its a good example of a company trying to rip off their loyal fanbase. Following in the footsteps of EA's pricing scheme for the SWTOR boxes is not a good thing.

If they continue down this road, with their itemshop we might be in for a sad and shattered dream.

When these games include $50.00 to $75.00 statues, $20.00 to @30.00 dollar books etc, you are going to see collectors editions hit the $150.00 mark. Personally I don't have a problem with it, and will buy the collectors edtion.  I guess if I was 15 I'd be irked, but not shocked at the cost. Means I'd have to save a bit more or suck up to my parents to earn some extra cash.

Again choosing to ignore the whole "if you want to play a game" fact. Youretrying to argue a point with us, by arguing that you dont want to play the game anymore.....sorry to break it to you but that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Apples to oranges.

And what does the amount have to do with anything. Even if a monthly sub is $1, its still a forced payment in order to play. The cost doesnt magically change the argument in your favor. A payment is a payment.

There we go again..... /facepalm

ah, man... it's just not working with you... you're trying to be ignorant at our facts and simply /facepalm when we say something, and then you reply with the same argument as in the past 5 posts. :D

It doesn't work that way :D

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

To the OP: 

I can understand you, but i hope that you will understand me. These are not called COLLECTOR's editions for nothing. You have people that are Video Game collectors (me, being one of them) that will still buy the game for the sake of collecting it. I still have a couple of old video games' CEs and, no matter how much i gave for them back them, they have even more value right now (at least for me). I can bet too, that i can sell bunch of those on E-bay for twice (or maybe the triple) the price to another Game Collector ( and yes, i keep all the stuff that came with the boxes, even now ;) ).

That being said, it is sad thing that, nowadays, CE selling became marketing matter, more tnah ever. Most of developers throw a crap only for sake of making CE. Another example is that, I would never, ever buy digital download CE or w/e it is called now. Physical stuff are always, and always will be my top priority when ti comes to giving money for a game.

Still, i personaly like what i see in GW2 'physical' CE, but thats just me :P.

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• makkaalmakkaal Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by jpnz

Not shocked as CE are now $150, get used to it.

What I find interesting is the community reaction though. Think some are a bit too over-the-top.

Yes, oh yes.Gamers tend to be a rather choleric bunch.

Let me point out that, in fact, I couldn't care less about these first world problems. I'm just having fun.

ah, man... it's just not working with you... you're trying to be ignorant at our facts and simply /facepalm when we say something, and then you reply with the same argument as in the past 5 posts. :D

You mean if i disagree with your whole 'holier than you' attitude somehow i am being ignorant? notice how i never made any personal remarks so far and just stuck to discussion? must be really hard.

What doesn't work is that you trying to patronize people into thinking that somehow they have been forced into paying and enjoying game for all these years. 

You mean if i disagree with your whole 'holier than you' attitude somehow i am being ignorant? notice how i never made any personal remarks so far and just stuck to discussion? must be really hard.

What doesn't work is that you trying to patronize people into thinking that somehow they have been forced into paying and enjoying game for all these years. 

Actually what doesnt work is that once again youre arguing 2 completely different things. Did anyone ever say you are being forced to play a game? No. But yet you seem to have somehow interpreted it that way. What was said is that if you want to play, you are forced to pay. There is no arguing that, plain and simple, so give it up already. The only way you would be right is if there was no subscription. But there is, so youre wrong. Just deal with it. Its ok to be wrong on the internet. Youll get over it someday.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Originally posted by impiro

Wait till the excuses like..... but it is B2P!!

[mod edit]

It is b2p is actually a fine explanation, its only a one time purchase, in short term you spend more and in long term you spend less (theorically)

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

Actually what doesnt work is that once again youre arguing 2 completely different things. Did anyone ever say you are being forced to play a game? No. But yet you seem to have somehow interpreted it that way. What was said is that if you want to play, you are forced to pay. There is no arguing that, plain and simple, so give it up already. The only way you would be right is if there was no subscription. But there is, so youre wrong. Just deal with it. Its ok to be wrong on the internet. Youll get over it someday.

Ahh the bossy one aren't you? didn't know that you could dictate the terms of discussion now. By the way your opinions are just that an opinion.. and every opinion can be argued. You can keep repeating 'forced to pay' all the way to kingdom come but that doesn't mean it is a universal truth.

So deal with it?

Ahh the bossy one aren't you? didn't know that you could dictate the terms of discussion now. By the way your opinions are just that an opinion.. and every opinion can be argued. You can keep repeating 'forced to pay' all the way to kingdom come but that doesn't mean it is a universal truth.

So deal with it?

So the fact that you have to pay a subscription to play WoW is just my personal opinion now? Well damn Blizzards has been making billions off of my "opinion" for awhile now. Great news everyone. You no longer have to pay to play WoW. You heard it here from Superdude. Cancel your subscriptions and remove your credit cards from their systems. Its ok, youll be able to keep logging in and keep playing.

Is it sinking in yet how utterly ridiculous every point of your argument is or do I need to keep going?

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by dinams

[mod edit]

It is b2p is actually a fine explanation, its only a one time purchase, in short term you spend more and in long term you spend less (theorically)

Except when you feel the urge to buy things in the cash shop to keep up with others or because other people have things you don't, cash shop is a mind game and it's worse than any sub, most people will spend more money on a game with a cash shop because it mentally tricks you into buying things one way or another.

You are not forced to pay a sub fee anyways, it is entirely your choice if the game loses it's value you just stop playing.

Besides, in GW2 you'll be paying for expansions anyways.

I also find $60 and $80 for digital downloads with very few perks quite a rip-off.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995

Interestingly enough, GW2 digital deluxe includes ALL of the digital items that the CE does.  That was NOT the case with the SWTOR CE, which included access to a special CE only vendor.  No concrete information was provided about what the CE only vendor offer in game prior to purchase and it turned out to be pretty much junk.  Then again, that whole game turned out to be pretty much junk, so...

So deal with it?

So the fact that you have to pay a subscription to play WoW is just my personal opinion now? Well damn Blizzards has been making billions off of my "opinion" for awhile now. Great news everyone. You no longer have to pay to play WoW. You heard it here from Superdude. Cancel your subscriptions and remove your credit cards from their systems. Its ok, youll be able to keep logging in and keep playing.

Is it sinking in yet how utterly ridiculous every point of your argument is or do I need to keep going?

For someone who loves to berate others in arguments you surely have hard time reading yourself. To pay a sub for any MMO is not matter of opinion but to translate into 'forced to pay' surely is. That is where opiniosn differ. And yes you are right the more i keep talking with you the more ridiculous it gets.

Like ive said already, nobody said you are forced to PLAY. Thats the whole thing you keep trying to argue. Of course you dont have to play. But the only way to play, if that is what you want, is by making a  required (aka forced) payment. Lets make it easier for you. Go grab a thesaurus, or use an online one. Then look up forced. Youll see the word required in there. Then go look at any subscription game and read the part where they say "subscription required".

Of course youll still turn around and say Im wrong, but hell why dont you go ahead and argue with every MMO company in the world, or better yet any subscription service of any kind, and tell them theyre all wrong and their subscriptions are not required for their services and they need to change it to "subscription optional". While youre at it, go ahead and tell your electric company, phone company, and ISP youre not going to pay them anymore but still going to use their services a smuch as you like, because your payment is optional.

If you still cant see where youre wrong, its pretty obvious youre a lost cause in oh so many ways.

So deal with it?

For someone who loves to berate others in arguments you surely have hard time reading yourself. To pay a sub for any MMO is not matter of opinion but to translate into 'forced to pay' surely is. That is where opiniosn differ. And yes you are right the more i keep talking with you the more ridiculous it gets.

Like ive said already, nobody said you are forced to PLAY. Thats the whole thing you keep trying to argue. Of course you dont have to play. But the only way to play, if that is what you want, is by making a  required (aka forced) payment. Lets make it easier for you. Go grab a thesaurus, or use an online one. Then look up forced. Youll see the word required in there. Then go look at any subscription game and read the part where they say "subscription required".

Of course youll still turn around and say Im wrong, but hell why dont you go ahead and argue with every MMO company in the world, or better yet any subscription service of any kind, and tell them theyre all wrong and their subscriptions are not required for their services and they need to change it to "subscription optional". While youre at it, go ahead and tell your electric company, phone company, and ISP youre not going to pay them anymore but still going to use their services a smuch as you like, because your payment is optional.

If you still cant see where youre wrong, its pretty obvious youre a lost cause in oh so many ways.

The thing is i am not trying to prove you wrong just a simple thing really 'i do not agree with your opinion'. And if you think i am lost because i disaree with your constant patronizing then yes i am better as lost as i have been since days of EQ. 

Also since you are comparing P2P models to B2P and then bring up electicity, internet phone etc..i actually do pay them monthly fee. And that is the worst analogy you can bring.

• impiroimpiro Member Posts: 204

Nice trolling

More like a fact. And it is a good justification. 

Nope you were refering to gw2 fanbois' anything goes sentiment. The funny thing is, that you keep refering to it, yet it isn't there at all.

Reminds me of SWToR threads in which TOR fanboys said things like: Inb4 gw2 fbois come to complain. And multiple other references to GW2 fans, eventhough none had commented till that point at all.

You constantly act as if GW2 fans will defend GW2 no mather what, which is not true at all. Moreover, if it were true, then it really holds no connection to this subject at all. The point is, that, for the CE no excuse has to be made. Or at least not for GW2 in particular. CE prices have been rediculous for a while now in the entire gaming industry. The things is that, there is no need for excuses for this being done by ANET, because ToR's CE was the same price. People act as if Anet just did something horrible and act as if this bites GW2 fans that preach the b2p model in the ass somehow. The CE price is in line wiyth other CEs today. I find the price rediculous, but that goes for the entrie industry, and if people are crazy enough to pay of it, fine by me. But people shouldn't act as if ANEt is ripping people of, while in fact what we are talking about is a limited CE, that nobody who want to enjoy GW2 to the fullest has to buy.