Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow, who knew this was a good game?

daveospicedaveospice Member UncommonPosts: 361

I was a bit skeptical at first.  The first guide I talked to told me to equip my sword and shield, and go fight things then run back to town when I got low health and eat dirt to heal myself.  I did this, and this sucked.  Terrible idea.

Then I asked questions on the CA Help and a couple people trolled me saying, "go back to WoW, go to the wiki" and I was like wtf there's a help tab for asking questions so I don't have to lose the immersion of playing by alt tabbing between a web site?

So anyway, then I got some helpful people who would just simply answer my questions and that made the game soooo much better. 

Like I didn't realize you could click on more than one item in the inventory, and then Q actions (like making shafts, etc).  This made life a lot easier. 

Ultimately the beginning is a bit of a grind because you have to just make random shit to level your skills but I can see the immense potential of this being a really, really good game to play with friends.  Now if only there were more than 30 people logged on atm... and I wasn't the only noob! lol

If you're going to log in and play, I immediately paid for two months (14 bucks, that's what i pay for a normal game for one month!)  and I'll be on most the night as Jon Snow.

You can find me on I joined the horde side, so just fyi.  I'm looking for someone to play with and do things with like build a cottage with and raise sheep.  Please help me with this process! :)

Comments

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Originally posted by daveospice

I was a bit skeptical at first.  The first guide I talked to told me to equip my sword and shield, and go fight things then run back to town when I got low health and eat dirt to heal myself.  I did this, and this sucked.  Terrible idea.

Then I asked questions on the CA Help and a couple people trolled me saying, "go back to WoW, go to the wiki" and I was like wtf there's a help tab for asking questions so I don't have to lose the immersion of playing by alt tabbing between a web site?

So anyway, then I got some helpful people who would just simply answer my questions and that made the game soooo much better. 

Like I didn't realize you could click on more than one item in the inventory, and then Q actions (like making shafts, etc).  This made life a lot easier. 

Ultimately the beginning is a bit of a grind because you have to just make random shit to level your skills but I can see the immense potential of this being a really, really good game to play with friends.  Now if only there were more than 30 people logged on atm... and I wasn't the only noob! lol

If you're going to log in and play, I immediately paid for two months (14 bucks, that's what i pay for a normal game for one month!)  and I'll be on most the night as Jon Snow.

You can find me on I joined the horde side, so just fyi.  I'm looking for someone to play with and do things with like build a cottage with and raise sheep.  Please help me with this process! :)

I just started today myself, I'm gonna look you up Jon Snow. 

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

I agree that you shouldn't be forced to look on the internet to figure out how to play a game.  I wish sandbox games could evolve past this problem.  Come now sandbox developers.  Let's all say it together.

East To Learn...

Hard To Master...

Glad you found something you like though.  It's also a shame that sandbox communities ruin their own game so much.  Finding the right people is sometimes really hard to do.

• daveospicedaveospice Member UncommonPosts: 361

bah I should note my name is jonsnow in game, no space :)

I'm on the affliction server!