Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game installations - region locked?

I don't THINK there is a thread on this topic but:

When playing FFXI you had a Japanese box client an English boxed client, basically if youw anted to play the game in that language you bought that box. Is it the same with FFXIV? I live in Japan and want to play the JP client, but was considering importing an American box. Is there a Japanese installation option given to you at the start?

Thanks much

Comments

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

Well i bought my game in north america and i can choose wathever language i want from english, french,dutch and japanese in the configuration windows. Hope it help

• hephestus15hephestus15 Member Posts: 11

Thanks! I may try to get some American copy then ^^ that would save me a big headache :D (the price for FFXI here is special edition ONLY for 10400? - about 125 dollars, all other copies have been pulled from shelves until a satisfactory product is made, so only square enix's store sells em).

I hope the content is all in Japanese if that's the case XD

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

Originally posted by hephestus15

Thanks! I may try to get some American copy then ^^ that would save me a big headache :D (the price for FFXI here is special edition ONLY for 10400? - about 125 dollars, all other copies have been pulled from shelves until a satisfactory product is made, so only square enix's store sells em).

I hope the content is all in Japanese if that's the case XD

It should be, i never try japanese since i dont understand a word but i try english and french and this was good.

In any case you can seee on this page the game spec and the language it use:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/#/about/game_info