Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Close of Beta Event Video (1080p)

CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Players having fun as the CBT4 rolls to a close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTIr5S3LCw0

Comments

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

how long till you think well see the next beta?

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Originally posted by kantseeme

Hard to say. CBT3 -> 4 took 6-7 months (June-Dec 2011), but that also involved them converting from the Cry2 to Cry3 engine. As well as according to one interview they were going to fix every reported CBT3 bug before starting 4.

All they have said is CBT5 will start when their review of CBT4 is done... and if they do a full bug workup as well as add the 4 "missing" races, it may take a bit.

While I want them to do the best job they can, I also want the damn game in my hands yesterday, lol.

• TwitchnTwitchn Member Posts: 33

Yea it should be out in the west in about 2 years or so. I think it will be a great game and one that gives people what they want in a AAA mmo.

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

Originally posted by CyclopsSlay

Originally posted by kantseeme

Hard to say. CBT3 -> 4 took 6-7 months (June-Dec 2011), but that also involved them converting from the Cry2 to Cry3 engine. As well as according to one interview they were going to fix every reported CBT3 bug before starting 4.

All they have said is CBT5 will start when their review of CBT4 is done... and if they do a full bug workup as well as add the 4 "missing" races, it may take a bit.

While I want them to do the best job they can, I also want the damn game in my hands yesterday, lol.

I hear ya. As much as i would love to get my hands on AA i would rather them take there time of get it right.

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

Originally posted by kumdankale

goodbye cbt4 picture from a beta tester :D

http://beta.archeage.com/attachments/ff80808135eae11901360715f70102c6?pathType=ORIGINAL

I made one of those kind of pics for a job before.  God it was a pain in the ass.

• kokopuffkokopuff Member Posts: 94

Originally posted by CyclopsSlay

Players having fun as the CBT4 rolls to a close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTIr5S3LCw0

Dont see that type of event too much in post 2005 mmorpgs..

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Running the dead guy over with the vehicle was pretty funny.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Originally posted by Xthos

Running the dead guy over with the vehicle was pretty funny.

Glad you saw that. I had to back up the vid, "they didn't just do that?!? Yes they did!" 

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

That was great!  But my video card cried when it saw the waves in the opening few seconds of the video.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

One of the things I've always hated with Korean and other asian mmos, the constant need to put in modern clothing, fairy friggin' wings, and other nonsensical crap into their games regardless of what the game is supposed to be.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

I have been quietly following this game with some high hopes. Now, I don't know about you, but I was turned off a bit by the guy in board shorts, the checkered bikinis, and the people in 1930s prison garb with capes.

I know this was a beta event and I hope these items were beta only but this would be a huge immersion killer to me. I love the concept of a sandbox game like this but some times too much freedom is...well...too much.

• MustaphaMondMustaphaMond Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

One of the things I've always hated with Korean and other asian mmos, the constant need to put in modern clothing, fairy friggin' wings, and other nonsensical crap into their games regardless of what the game is supposed to be.

Originally posted by dougmysticey

I have been quietly following this game with some high hopes. Now, I don't know about you, but I was turned off a bit by the guy in board shorts, the checkered bikinis, and the people in 1930s prison garb with capes.

I know this was a beta event and I hope these items were beta only but this would be a huge immersion killer to me. I love the concept of a sandbox game like this but some times too much freedom is...well...too much.

Um, the prison garb is what players get to wear when jailed. The other festive garb is probably just that (and there is no indication yet if players will be able to reskin actual gear with "out of place" clothing). And, come on... it was an event to celebrate the close CBT4... people were cutting lose!

I suppose you both think the crazy guy at the party wearing a lampshade, and the hot drunk chick dancing up on the table, are examples of "nonsensical crap" that you "have to put up with" too.... At least dougmysticey gets that it was an event, but I still think he *totally* misses the festive nature of the environment. It's a PARTY and people were goofing off. Why should they be totally serious and dressed not to kill your immersion?

Buncha crotchety party-poopers up in the place.... =/

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Originally posted by MustaphaMond

Um, the prison garb is what players get to wear when jailed. The other festive garb is probably just that (and there is no indication yet if players will be able to reskin actual gear with "out of place" clothing). And, come on... it was an event to celebrate the close CBT4... people were cutting lose!

I suppose you both think the crazy guy at the party wearing a lampshade, and the hot drunk chick dancing up on the table, are examples of "nonsensical crap" that you "have to put up with" too.... At least dougmysticey gets that it was an event, but I still think he *totally* misses the festive nature of the environment. It's a PARTY and people were goofing off. Why should they be totally serious and dressed not to kill your immersion?

Heheh. I get it was a festivity completely. The point was not missed on me. What I was wondering, is, will we see those things during normal, non- beta end festivity event game play on a regular basis? I have seen other, mostly asian based, MMOs that allow for this type of garb and stuff normally and, FOR ME, it is not something I like. I am sure others like seeing people running around with lamp shades as helmets.

I am not writting the game off on one video, just hope that those scenes to not proliferate the normal game when released.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by MustaphaMond

A beta event is one thing, and if it sticks to that, it's fine. Problem is, many asian games have a habit of throwing whatever they think will sell into the cash shop regardless of whether it fits the world setting or not ( and even a few western mmos have done the same crap after seeing it succeed in asian games ). It's ridiculous.

I know a game is a game and should be fun first above all else. But when a developer can't even bother to keep their world "authentic" to itself, then I don't see the point.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• MustaphaMondMustaphaMond Member UncommonPosts: 341
    I agree that it can be an immersion killer if somebody is running around killing ppl with a swordfish while wearing a tuxedo (I'm looking at you, Aion), and I admit that I've seen AA videos where players are just messing around and they are wearing something strange (but I've also seen serious pvp where ppl looked "normal'). Still, for all the immersion killers in these kinds of games, I find it easy to ignore out of place clothing. But, then again, I often find myself thinking it is easier to ignore walking eyesores than to hold the expectation that devs and other gamers should have one less choice because I don't like something. Anyway, to each their own. I just think loud clothing is often part of festivals, so we gotta fight for our right to (dress up for) paaaaaaaaarties!!!!! ;P