Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Life as a Explorer.

hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Hello guys !

EVE amazes me but i find it hard to get into it(already tried several times). The ship thing makes me feel disconected with the game, but now i'm in the mood to do the trial one more time.

My question is, how is the explorer's life in EVE ? How do you guys make profit with Exploration ? do a second account is really needed ? how deep i must go on Combat skills to be able to make a good explorer ? How much fun you get from it ?

I just want some feedback from people who play EVE as explores, you can tell me anything you want.

Ty guys.

Comments

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

If you want to Survive in Eve get a Corp. specifially get a Corp that owns some of 0.0 space. other than that play the games themepark side and do missions for NPC's.

However since you want to play a explorer, good luck. most corps will shoot you out of the sky just for being in their space.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

The Red Corp/Blue corps have been getting lots of new members lately, might be a good place to get some beginner PvP experience.

Exploration, unless you do it in a good region, is nominal.  If you solo what you find, it's possible to make some decent cash - mining is still bad for making cash unless you can do it on a large scale.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • ereb0sereb0s Member UncommonPosts: 17

Exploring is one of the most profitable professions in the game. as far as a new player id suggest you stay in HIsec untill you can fly a battlecruiser/battleship fairly well before goin into 0.0 space. most 0.0 corp will not except low SP toons in the first place.

but even in Hisec you can make some really good profits from leve 1-4 DED complexs found in hisec. link below is a list of DED sites you find.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/DED_Complex_List

far as a corp goes id suggest joining eve uni they have been around for ages and is a great place to start out and learn the details of eve they do classes on just about everything the ppl there are there to help you. Id def suggest joining them for awhile till you get a good handle on things. there link is below

http://www.eveuniversity.org/

p.s. if you want a 21day trail account msg me and ill send ya an invite

• Mupp3nMupp3n Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by ereb0s

Exploring is one of the most profitable professions in the game. as far as a new player id suggest you stay in HIsec untill you can fly a battlecruiser/battleship fairly well before goin into 0.0 space. most 0.0 corp will not except low SP toons in the first place.

but even in Hisec you can make some really good profits from leve 1-4 DED complexs found in hisec. link below is a list of DED sites you find.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/DED_Complex_List

far as a corp goes id suggest joining eve uni they have been around for ages and is a great place to start out and learn the details of eve they do classes on just about everything the ppl there are there to help you. Id def suggest joining them for awhile till you get a good handle on things. there link is below

http://www.eveuniversity.org/

p.s. if you want a 21day trail account msg me and ill send ya an invite

Since you're a brainiac.

What are the Reqs to DED?

My "main" was a semi-wasted 'matar skillpoints BS pilot (apoc/abaddon, not OPTIMALLY fitted tho)

Do you need certain rep or something? Or are they Enter - Kill. Get out - Reward?

In highsec, wont these areas be empty or are they sharded for you?

• ereb0sereb0s Member UncommonPosts: 17

ship restrictions on DED  are

1/10 Frigate

2/10 Destroyer

3/10 Cruiser

4/10 Battlecruiser

5/10 Battleship

you dont need  any rep. just the abiltiy to scan them down and kill everything needed in them.

tho what you will find with some of the 1-2 DED which you dont have to scan down. you can find em on your star map is that ppl like to camp the more profitable ones like in caldari space. you looking at like 175mil for some of the shield boosters from them for example. the DED 3-4s just scan em down and hope no one is already in there clearing it out. and just because your the first one in there you might have ppl that will try and steal the loot so get in / get out :)

• Mupp3nMupp3n Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by ereb0s

ship restrictions on DED  are

1/10 Frigate

2/10 Destroyer

3/10 Cruiser

4/10 Battlecruiser

5/10 Battleship

you dont need  any rep. just the abiltiy to scan them down and kill everything needed in them.

tho what you will find with some of the 1-2 DED which you dont have to scan down. you can find em on your star map is that ppl like to camp the more profitable ones like in caldari space. you looking at like 175mil for some of the shield boosters from them for example. the DED 3-4s just scan em down and hope no one is already in there clearing it out. and just because your the first one in there you might have ppl that will try and steal the loot so get in / get out :)

Ahh ok.

However would be easier (and most likely more fun) to do such things with people who has more knowledge slash experience with the game.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Good to know...

So is it possible to play ONLY as a explorer ? im not a fan of EVE missions... if i could skip them it would be great. Do you think with the tutorial gear i can start exploring to make some money and fit a better frigate ?

The interesting thing about Exploration is that you need to be a "fighter" as well, maybe at some point i can branch for some pvp skills.

Now about the loot you get from exploring, i  would have to sell those, right ?  maybe ill grab a second acount to be a trader hehe.

• GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198

I dont think so...you'll need at least some cash first to buy scanning probes and equipment.

• ExilorExilor Member Posts: 391

I tried to play as an explorer with probing, hacking, archaeology and such, but the "treasures" were almost always already taken. Even right after the daily server maintenance.

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

Don't listen to these people who tell you that you can't be a solo explorer. Some people just need saftey in numbers. Read this.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=30338

It will give you a good understanding on some of the knowledge required to survive. Now you just need the balls to put that plan into action.

Originally posted by xr00t3dx

Don't listen to these people who tell you that you can't be a solo explorer. Some people just need saftey in numbers. Read this.

It will give you a good understanding on some of the knowledge required to survive. Now you just need the balls to put that plan into action.

Interesting...

But this is not for beginners, right ? T2 fitting is quite expensive, he is talking in millions there... but its a nice thing to do, must be very fun as well hehe

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

Originally posted by Elandir90

Originally posted by xr00t3dx

Interesting...

But this is not for beginners, right ? T2 fitting is quite expensive, he is talking in millions there... but its a nice thing to do, must be very fun as well hehe

Yeah, this is not going to happen over night. Nothing in EVE does. Start traing up and getting exp in high/low sec. Then move out into the big open world that is EVE.

How many hours do you guys put into eve per day ?

i'm also playing WoW.... and all the RL stuff,  is it possible to play EVE with little time to invest ?

• RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200

i'm also playing WoW.... and all the RL stuff,  is it possible to play EVE with little time to invest ?

You can play EVE every day for hours or only a couple of hours a week casually. The thing is you get back what you put into it.

Originally posted by adeptuz

You can play EVE every day for hours or only a couple of hours a week casually. The thing is you get back what you put into it.

Well... at some point i might get nothing then.

The skill system is real time based, but the books will get more expensiver over time... i might get to a point where my playtime would not cover the trainning. No book reading = no progression, unless i buy isk with money, but im not fond of that.

Well well, guess i'll think more about it then =S