Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you say "Wuv Wuv"?

VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

so the acryonym for WvWvW im starting to hear is being termed "Wuv Wuv"

kind of cute, anyone else hearing this?  Its stuck with me and now I cant go back to saying that long acronym

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Thats not far off from how ANet officially have said its pronounced, or at least what they have started saying around their office:

{Personally once in game I could  see myself and most others just typing or speaking on Vent "The Mists" in the end. }

Oh, I’ve got one last little tidbit. We’ve seen a couple debates about how world versus world is (or should be) abbreviated. If there are 3 servers involved, shouldn’t it be WvWvW?* Just so you know, around the office it’s always just written out as WvW, and many of us have taken to just pronouncing it “wuv-wuh”!

• NueshaNuesha Member Posts: 41

No... lol

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Obviously, the only feasible solution to this problem is to change how the letter W is spelled in the English language! In German, for example, the abbreviation WvW is just 3 syllables, no problem at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W

Would also solve the problem that spelling out GW2 is actually more syllables then just saying Guild Wars 2 ;)

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Most of us just refer to it as "Mist PvP".

• benzjiebenzjie Member Posts: 81

since a W is basically 2 V's glued together i'll be calling WvWvW V8

Don't shoot the messenger.....it will ruin you monitor

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

Originally posted by benzjie

since a W is basically 2 V's glued together i'll be calling WvWvW V8

You sir, are a genius.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Yeah, V8 makes it feel cooler. Wuvwuv makes me feel like I am playing Hello Kitty Adventure Island. ;-)

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

I call it World v World.

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

holy membrane V8 sounds cool :D i will call it that way from now on :P

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

LFG for

• benzjiebenzjie Member Posts: 81

Don't shoot the messenger.....it will ruin you monitor

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Originally posted by ComfyChair

I call it World v World.

me too. "Wuv Wuv" is kinda silly, like dog barking..

• SunthasSunthas Member Posts: 27

I started calling it "Dub v Dub" but I'm not sure anyone would understand me.

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

I was told that GW2 is for grown up manly men while rest of the players play cartoon kiddie games like Rift, WOW and SWTOR. Is WUV WUV a new macho lingo now?

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

It's "double you vee double you" just like RvR is "ar vee ar" or PvP is "pee vee pee". Or if you want to be hyperliteral it's "double you vee double you vee double you".

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Lol

The V8 one is pretty tight

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

The V Engine => W Engine/Motor

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Realm Wars

oh or maybe Worl..oh wait...that won't do.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by ComfyChair

I call it World v World.

Same here. No idea why people try to give inappropriate names like "Wuv Wuv" or "V8". image

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Sunthas

I started calling it "Dub v Dub" but I'm not sure anyone would understand me.

I got that from Gamebreaker.tv, but I think V8 is pretty clever.  I think I'll start using that instead.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I think we'll talk about  :  " the War "  comming from server war, or war of the servers.

So whats happening in the war tonight?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

In my language it sounds more like how English ppl say 'WayVayWay'.

• anthonyman6anthonyman6 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Honestly, everything sounds pretty childish.

Just use World v World. And WvW for short.

• PurplehazzPurplehazz Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by anthonyman6

Honestly, everything sounds pretty childish.

Just use World v World. And WvW for short.

I agree 100%.

Why is this even a topic of conversation?

The only way I can see anyone actually voicing that usage( Wuv Wuv) of the phrase World vs. World would be if they were taught from birth to speak ebonics, or used the urban dictionary as their end all be all dictionary source.