Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where's my M.O.X Hero?

HotcellHotcell Member UncommonPosts: 279

I bought GW Trilogy and it says these are the perks:

Includes:

A serial code for account creation.

Access to the full original Guild Wars®, Guild Wars Factions®, and Guild Wars Nightfall® campaigns via downloadable client.

Bonus Items: Fire Imp combat ally to assist in your adventures, and M.O.X. the golem hero — a magic-powered engine of destruction that you can add to your party.

I typed /bonus and got the imp and some weapons.. yet the M.O.X I dont have. How do I get it?

Also I'm trying to gear up HoM for GW2. Should I just use 1 profession combo to beat all the campaigns? Which profession can best "steamroll" these campaigns?

Comments

• n3verendRn3verendR Member UncommonPosts: 452

M.O.X. is outside any one of the major cities. I'll not go into details on how to get to those major cities as the details are just as easily googled. Check outside of Kamadan, Kaineng and Lions Arch. A simple talk and grab, best of all - you will typically get to M.O.X before you hit 20 and he will already be 20.

Now, I'll say this and I only say it because I've done 29/50 HoM points solo with the class Ritualist. Ritualist is a turret class if specced into SoS (Again, look it up) and having a geared SoS character allows you to practically win at anything with only a bit of skill. The only reason Ritualist is so effective in the SoS build however, is because your spirits that you summon will do all the work for you. You are only responsible for maintaining them and keeping yourself alive.

That's my opinion. It worked though.

People think it's fun to pretend your a monster. Me I spend my life pretending I'm not. - Dexter Morgan

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by Hotcell

I bought GW Trilogy and it says these are the perks:

Includes:

A serial code for account creation.

Access to the full original Guild Wars®, Guild Wars Factions®, and Guild Wars Nightfall® campaigns via downloadable client.

Bonus Items: Fire Imp combat ally to assist in your adventures, and M.O.X. the golem hero — a magic-powered engine of destruction that you can add to your party.

I typed /bonus and got the imp and some weapons.. yet the M.O.X I dont have. How do I get it?

Also I'm trying to gear up HoM for GW2. Should I just use 1 profession combo to beat all the campaigns? Which profession can best "steamroll" these campaigns?

It's been a while since I got MOX, but just leaving town should make him appear. You may need to leave from the starting Nightfall town, or that could just be because it's where my main originated from and that's where I met him. I don't remember having to do anything special though, he should just be outside of town waiting for you to recruit him.

Due to the nature of heroes (extremely quick and efficient AI, moreso than most players especially with interrupts and condition/hex removal) you can steamroll the game with any combination of character as your main. I would suggest you either main a Monk or a Ritualist, as they're arguably the best farmers and as someone starting out, farming will help you get the gold necessary for clearing the HoM. You'll get tons from playing, but since you're just starting you don't have years of minis like others do to help boost the amount of points you start out with, and you'll need to use money to buy them from other players.  Rts can farm Ectos extremely efficiently, and a 55 monk can farm just about anything else really well (not as good in FoW/UW since recent updates iirc). If any of that confuses you, just google the terms, there's plenty of info available on them.

Also, go to PvXWiki.com for some suggestions on builds for you and your heroes. Even if you don't use them, seeing how others build their characters is a good way to build a foundation for your own.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• HotcellHotcell Member UncommonPosts: 279

Thanks for the replies! One more!

Is there a downside to bringing M.O.X Hero?

I'm level 10 and he's level 20. It makes content far easier but I'm wondering if it slows down my character's xp progression. Also I get that Fire Imp. Should I always use it or do the exp also get divided with allies?

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Thanks for the replies! One more!

Is there a downside to bringing M.O.X Hero?

I'm level 10 and he's level 20. It makes content far easier but I'm wondering if it slows down my character's xp progression. Also I get that Fire Imp. Should I always use it or do the exp also get divided with allies?

Dont worry about exp. It is true that the more people you have in party less exp you get from combat. Imp (and any other summoned creature), howerer, doesn't reduce your exp. The game is designed to be played with full party. Also exp gain doesn't depend on the highest level in you party like in other mmos. Everyone gets their own share depending on their level. Killing is not efficient way to get exp Just do missions and you'll be max lvl in no time.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

^^ this is exactly right

You should definately use your fire imp, since you can't use it anymore when you reach level 20.

The only time you want to worry about party size is when you are farming for items at endgame (because you get less drops in larger parties) and even then you might prefer to go in with a big team anyway because it can be much faster to clear areas and is easier/safer.

EXP is not something you need to be worried about in the slightest. You will hit max level looong before you finish any one of the campaigns. I always played with max team (including MOX) when I started and had a much easier time.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

It will be faster if you stick with 1 character for all the campaigns, instead of starting a new character for each one. Once you've got a decent hero team going you will storm through 70% of each of the other campaigns. If you manage to get this build of heroes going, or parts of it, you will be laughing, I was:

http://www.gwpvx.com/Build:Team_-_7_Hero_Player_Support

If you like PvP, it can be a good idea to create a PvP only character to unlock skills for your heroes. Skill unlocks are account wide. Basically if you unlock skills using points you earn in PvP with your PvP character your heroes can then use those skills. So if you are missing some skills for your hero builds you have a way to get them easily, its especially useful for getting elite skills. Your main character would still have to get skills the usual way, however.

Do you know you need Eye of The North to earn the rewards for GW2?

Optimal play order is Nightfall, then EotN. That way you will have access to all the heroes, making life much easier for you. Character progression is also faster with nightfall. If HoM and speed isn't your main aim though just do whatever you like (I started with prophecies and almost did it all with henchmen, last mission was tough so I dipped into nightfall to grab a few heroes for it).

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.