Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

League of Legends: RTSGuru | Is Fiora Any Good?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

It has been over a week since League of Legends' newest champion, Fiora the Grand Duelist, joined the League. Today here at RTSGURU,  Sanman has some commentary to share with everyone. Read it all at RTSGuru.com.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Fiora = Master YI on steroids.

She is actually faster than master YI's attack speed and can hit 2.5 attack at level 18 earlier than Master YI giving an advantage at least to me that is.

She actually has a pretty good advantage, the only problem is sometimes you a lane with a magic caster or ranged that might be a problem.

Or you get a team full of kids that can't follow orders that is the Second Problem people who refuse to communicate and cause feeding because they can't help, or a tank that cant hold a lane for the first 15 minutes solo then there is a problem.

OverAll I really like her a lot better than YI, and my YI Builds on her work great of course she is mostly about attack speed life steal & damage for me so doesnt get great until later depending on who I am fighting.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Not sure I'd build her too much like Yi. Yi doesn't scale with AD, but Fiora does. Fiora gets a siginificant amount of ASPD from her steroid and so does not need as much in items. Better to build her like an AD carry.  I do Wriggles (for lane sustain/farm solo top) + Bloodthirsters mainly. Lifesteal on her is ridiculous. Fight it out with someone and wait until you're 50% health to ult them and then refill your health while either killing them outright or pretty much guaranteeing the kill by healing yourself enough while damaging them.  Take W at level 1 for guaranteed wins in trades against most champions solo top.

I like Fiora a lot, though I've been playing a lot of Olaf lately!

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

I like her, but I've been having issues playing her in a lane (even with a support she gets dominated bot against a ranged carry, and I apparently can't play defensively enough to lane against a true bruiser top lane), and while she jungles exceptionally well, I feel her ganks are lackluster compared to the other two junglers I play, Nocture and Shyvana.

She's a lot of fun, but it's frustrating for me that I can't utlize her effectively in PvP matches, so she's been shelved while I stick with my Lux/Shyvana/Ahri/Leona/Janna staples :[

• trembulanttrembulant Member Posts: 101

As all new Champs see seems crazy overpowered. She is really hard to kill amd her ultimate is insane, she can't be targetted, before you know what's going on you are dead.

Originally posted by star

I like her, but I've been having issues playing her in a lane (even with a support she gets dominated bot against a ranged carry, and I apparently can't play defensively enough to lane against a true bruiser top lane), and while she jungles exceptionally well, I feel her ganks are lackluster compared to the other two junglers I play, Nocture and Shyvana.

She's a lot of fun, but it's frustrating for me that I can't utlize her effectively in PvP matches, so she's been shelved while I stick with my Lux/Shyvana/Ahri/Leona/Janna staples :[

Use W top lane to trade with bruisers. Only attack for as long as you've got Burst of Speed up and then back off.  Wait for bruisers to blow key cooldowns before engaging (or bait them to blow one on your W). Grab a Wriggles to hang with 'em top lane. She isn't going to win vs. every match up, but she's pretty solid up there.

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234

jax is the perfect counter to her. when she pops her ult pop his deflection and it stops all 5 hits lol.

Originally posted by gorro187

jax is the perfect counter to her. when she pops her ult pop his deflection and it stops all 5 hits lol.

I trolled a Fiora ult with my Kayle ult last night. Feels good, man.

• NivezNivez Member Posts: 93

Hey Mike care to share what runes you use?

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141

have not played LoL in may months since dota2, hows lol doing?

Originally posted by Nivez

Hey Mike care to share what runes you use?

Sure. AD Quints, ARPEN Marks, Armor Seals, MR Glyphs.

I level W first, then E, then Q. Maxing W by 9 will give you free +35AD which is great for farming. Maxing E first works, too. Honestly, whatever you max first works fine as long as E is at least second. Double Q does some pretty good burst with AD items. Obviously you take R whenever it's up. :)

I run 21-9-0 for masteries.

@Fuggly: Seems to be doing pretty well. I don't play as often as I'd like. I need to pick it up some more.

• NivezNivez Member Posts: 93

Ty for sharing!

I do almost the same rune setup just the quints are different. i tend to do movement speed.

Ad quints might be a great idea tho. Maybe i should blame my bad luck with her so far on my

friends i team up with:P kidding:)

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    @Mike, thanks for the tips, I'll definitely give it a whirl in the next game I play her with. Thank the gods I have a team that's ok with experimental setups in real games. Solo queue = :(

• mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224

Granted I haven't played in a while, but my brother still plays heavily and from what he's said and I've seen...she's like almost every new champ when they are first released...either OP as hell or slightly less than OP as hell. New champ is almost always at least partially broken.