Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth greatly underappreciated but awesome and FREE

PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

Although Fallen Earth has many issues it still has many good things about it.

1)It has quests which many people want but you can lvl jsut as fast without doing a single quest.

2)PvP they system has issues but it is still and works ...well enough. Now the whole world is not pvp enabled but there are regions all over the world that are.

3) Crafting- I think maybe 90% of the gear is player crafted and the game has the best crafting system of any game I ahve ever seen

4) Lore - the game has lore ..i've personally not fiollowed it but I have heard its there and pretty good.

5) Sandbox feel...I can go anywhere I want in the game world and alone should I chose but in some areas mobs will agro frm 20 miles out.

6) I have not yet seen any dungeon that was instanced.

7) Territory ownership through pvp, quests, crafting.(not tofamilar with this yet)

8) Huge land mass bigger than any other game I have seen. No zone boundries just vast open tracks of land open to players.

9) Combat is based on a targetless manual aim system...no no no you can not knock it untill you ahve tried it. I was sceptical at first myself but it really works well.

Back during early release the game had issues which is why i quite playing but now the game is FREE so i am willing to play again even if the game still have alot of hicups and glitches.

If you ask me Fallen Earth even with its many issues is probably the best  game available at this time. I love the manual aim combat system.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
8 gig Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

Comments

• SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466

FE's concept is fairly good but the extreme clunkiness of the engine made me hate it. I just cannot stomach playing it for 10 minutes, it feels just terrible. Its an indie game and it really, really shows.

I think I'll just wait for the FallOut MMO

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

To what degree of free is it? Meaning, is it comfortably playable without reverting to the cash shop?

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I also think it is underappreciated, but the influx of Steam players shows that they are not nearly ready for more attention. Sector 1 has crazy lag atm. I'm afraid that they are not able to fix this before the bad rep about the lag has spread on the Steam forums. This is also next to the many many bugs that this game has. Their timing with improving the game just sucks.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Originally posted by Sagasaint

FE's concept is fairly good but the extreme clunkiness of the engine made me hate it. I just cannot stomach playing it for 10 minutes, it feels just terrible. Its an indie game and it really, really shows.

I think I'll just wait for the FallOut MMO

lol yeah i hear you, the combat, animations etc feels so clunky, i could close my eyes to some other problems, but man, if im fighting and looking at my char the whole time i want to have at least average animations and combat feel...fallen earth fails really bat at that...and they dont fix it...

Originally posted by jusomdude

To what degree of free is it? Meaning, is it comfortably playable without reverting to the cash shop?

Easily. Their f2p accounts have few restrictions.

Main restrictions are :

- slower xp

- slower scavenge/harvest

- just 1 characterslot

- longer crafting times

The slower stuff is all 75%-80% of normal speed. All content is available to f2p though and there are no inventory/vault restrictions. You can also sell items on auction hall. I can't find the subscriptions matrix back.

Anyway, just expect serverdowntime and weird quirky bugs that most of the time are solved by a quick relog to characterselect. And lots of lag in Sector 1 atm. Apart from that it is a great game, especially for crafters.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by someforumguy

I can't find the subscriptions matrix back.

http://www.fallenearth.info/newbie-intro/introduction/f2p-vs-subscription

Originally posted by Falcomith

I can't find the subscriptions matrix back.

http://www.fallenearth.info/newbie-intro/introduction/f2p-vs-subscription

Thanks! I forgot about the chiplimit, which is 10 red I think. Not really a problem before high lvl. Then it still depends on your playstyle I guess. And when you do one purchase in that online store, the chiplimit is gone.

A friend of mine is now playing as Survivalist, but is kind of pissed about the lag now because of the influx of Steam players. Apart from that he is loving it. Funny thing is that before FE he never really cared about this kind of MMO.

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

The game is totally free and but if you get one of the premium accounts $10, $15,$30 you get increasing bonuses to drops,exp, gold, but even without a premium acct you can play the game at the same lvl as people with premium accounts.

Presently the new game owner has not resorted to selling game breaking uber items so everyone is pretty much equal lvl to lvl.

Basicly the is not pay to win yet.

8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

I also think it is underappreciated, but the influx of Steam players shows that they are not nearly ready for more attention. Sector 1 has crazy lag atm. I'm afraid that they are not able to fix this before the bad rep about the lag has spread on the Steam forums. This is also next to the many many bugs that this game has. Their timing with improving the game just sucks.

Sad to say this is true and the reason I only played at release for about 3-4 months. Unfortunatly many of the issues with the game existed during release 2.6 years ago and probably will never be fixed but hey its free to play so I can deal with it now.

To be fair the game has always, since release had issues with area crashes and lag. Steam users does not have anything to do with the lag i think it is more a game engine issue that can't be fixed or jsut to costly to fix.

8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

1. Sandbox Feel True.

2. Confusing System, Obtaining PVP armor is confusing should be easier to obtain by a faction NPC instead of all this go to this keep obtain X/Y Item etc.

3.BloodSports LAGS Bad.

4. Laggers in PVP are annoying espically melee/pistol laggers.

5. Ranged PVP doesn't get that much of an advantage unless they sneak up at which point all someone has to do is ride up and dismount to get close range ur useless.

6. Forced PVP specs you have to spec certain ways to be the great solo person of PVP this game has HUGE problems with PVP.

7. Clan Drama/Griefing, There are three clans in this game one which isn't that active anymore thank good some which have already been posted on forums which bring grief to users they are not wanted or needed in our community and try to dictate over smaller clans which has been proven, and it can be hard to get a clan to work together at times.

8. Over All if you are looking for the best SandBox MMORPG on the market I hate to say it but that would be DarkFall, as the community actually has to work together there it is a full loot PVP game, Fallen Earth PVP which causes the drama because of all the OMNI clans feels like its in the ALPHA stages just like in Runes OF Magic PVP, you have simple memory hacks to cheat the game, and it has been in BETA for god knows how long on sieges never getting fixed.

Fallen Earth PVE is just fine, for those who want to PVE only then this game maybe for you otherwise if you are like me want an action based PVP game in the end and a challenge then this game really isn't for you.

Over All this game needs Major Balances to make PVP more fun including but not limited to mutations, redesign OF TC, disable of friendly fire to prevent OMNI clans from bossing/drama in game. Oh and it does suck how you constantly have to hit F1 to target yourself and heal in PVP otherwise you heal your enemy.

Go from level 1-55 it should take you only 2 weeks maximum to do this, and from there try PVP see if you like and enjoy it still after a couple of weeks of pvp. TC feels like a bunch of kids just like face of mankind running around capping control points usually with no resistance, and no point/reward of doing such besides harvesters after all what is the main GOAL of it all. In game when you get people aka clans or groups of people bossing you around DO THIS or WE KOS you even if you are not part of the clan, they call in their buddies and sister clans it feels like a dictatorship like Face OF Mankind if you get what I am talking about and have previously played that game.

Although FOM actually had a Role-Play point to it unlike Fallen Earth there seems to be no actual story, or Reward/Goal for PVP.

Originally posted by Renoaku

1. Sandbox Feel True.

2. Confusing System, Obtaining PVP armor is confusing should be easier to obtain by a faction NPC instead of all this go to this keep obtain X/Y Item etc.

3.BloodSports LAGS Bad.

4. Laggers in PVP are annoying espically melee/pistol laggers.

5. Ranged PVP doesn't get that much of an advantage unless they sneak up at which point all someone has to do is ride up and dismount to get close range ur useless.

6. Forced PVP specs you have to spec certain ways to be the great solo person of PVP this game has HUGE problems with PVP.

7. Clan Drama/Griefing, There are three clans in this game one which isn't that active anymore thank good some which have already been posted on forums which bring grief to users they are not wanted or needed in our community and try to dictate over smaller clans which has been proven, and it can be hard to get a clan to work together at times.

8. Over All if you are looking for the best SandBox MMORPG on the market I hate to say it but that would be DarkFall, as the community actually has to work together there it is a full loot PVP game, Fallen Earth PVP which causes the drama because of all the OMNI clans feels like its in the ALPHA stages just like in Runes OF Magic PVP, you have simple memory hacks to cheat the game, and it has been in BETA for god knows how long on sieges never getting fixed.

Fallen Earth PVE is just fine, for those who want to PVE only then this game maybe for you otherwise if you are like me want an action based PVP game in the end and a challenge then this game really isn't for you.

Over All this game needs Major Balances to make PVP more fun including but not limited to mutations, redesign OF TC, disable of friendly fire to prevent OMNI clans from bossing/drama in game. Oh and it does suck how you constantly have to hit F1 to target yourself and heal in PVP otherwise you heal your enemy.

Go from level 1-55 it should take you only 2 weeks maximum to do this, and from there try PVP see if you like and enjoy it still after a couple of weeks of pvp. TC feels like a bunch of kids just like face of mankind running around capping control points usually with no resistance, and no point/reward of doing such besides harvesters after all what is the main GOAL of it all. In game when you get people aka clans or groups of people bossing you around DO THIS or WE KOS you even if you are not part of the clan, they call in their buddies and sister clans it feels like a dictatorship like Face OF Mankind if you get what I am talking about and have previously played that game.

Although FOM actually had a Role-Play point to it unlike Fallen Earth there seems to be no actual story, or Reward/Goal for PVP.

I played Dark Fall(aka Dark Fail) it sucked ass FPS twitch based combat lag out the ass  Combat in FE works much better in my opinion.

Sure Fallen Earth has issues it has had the same issues since releast over 2 years ago and will probably never work as it should but it is free and I can deal with the issues for FREE.

FE has RP and a story line if you actually bother to read the quests.

If you ask me PVP is in itself the only reward needed.

8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760