Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honest Tera question

LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

My wife and I are big MMO players. We love a game where we can run off and duo, if we don t want to deal with people, but also like to group. One thing we don t like is a game without some challenge. We don t like over the top challenge, ie we re out duo ing and dieing non stop, but, do like to have some challenge in mobs we have to kill etc, for quests.

What I want to know, is this game a click npc go kill mobs extremely easily, return to npc, and rinse and repeat, or is there some challenge to some quests.

Also, is the questing beyond linear, from what I ve read, or is there some different quests from time to time.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

depends, regualr mobs are pretty easy, but theres some open world bosses that is very challenging , as far as the challenge in the end game i have no idea.

Game is linear at start, but i think after level 20 it opens up some

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by Entropy14

depends, regualr mobs are pretty easy, but theres some open world bosses that is very challenging , as far as the challenge in the end game i have no idea.

Game is linear at start, but i think after level 20 it opens up some

Entropy hit it on the head.

Just wanted to add that the first 11 levels are waaaaayyy too absurdly easy. If you get into a CBT or Open Beta, make sure you fight your first BAM (l20~) before you judge the game.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Fair enough. Another question, is there a xp off option, or mentoring etc. I can t stand when I outlevel content, and no option to go back and do it, other then mowing over grey mobs. Also we re super slow levelers, and love to explore, is the game fast leveling pace or slower (we actually like slower leveling games).

Thanks again

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

There is no mentoring, and I don't believe there is an XP off option either.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Leucent

Fair enough. Another question, is there a xp off option, or mentoring etc. I can t stand when I outlevel content, and no option to go back and do it, other then mowing over grey mobs. Also we re super slow levelers, and love to explore, is the game fast leveling pace or slower (we actually like slower leveling games).

Thanks again

If you stay primarily on the quest line (story quest & zone quest) you will out level your quest.  When I stuck to the quest line I found that I was about 2 levels higher than the quest up to about lvl40'ish.  For lv40 and up I was mostly even or one level above the quest.

Tera is mostly a fast leveling game if you skip most of the zone quest content and just do story quest, instances, and bams.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

i started playing Tera with hubby,  now we have a whole bunch of friends from college who joined us .  and let me tell you.    we are having tons of fun.   doing the group quests together, and killing those Bam bosses is really tons of fun.

i think you will surely enjoy playing as a duo with your wife, no doubt about it.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Well, if we're talking strictly levelling it depends on the server. I believe that bigger numbers will be a small deterrent in the PvP server or at least bigger protection. From what I've seen there is no penalty in doing any quest as group, quite the opposite. Even gathering nodes, if both of you collect, both of you will gather and get the buffs. This holds true for all pick from the ground quest items btw, if you didn't notice. If both pick at the same time the same item, all of you get it.

As for the mobs, I found them sleeping easy in the island, rather easy outside up to level 20. Beyond that the ramp up in difficulty but it's nowhere as interesting as fighting BAM, and that's a problem imo. Not as big a problem in PvP servers, after all you have to look out for bigger predators, but still an issue.

• lenyboblenybob Member Posts: 62

Originally posted by Leucent

My wife and I are big MMO players. We love a game where we can run off and duo, if we don t want to deal with people, but also like to group. One thing we don t like is a game without some challenge. We don t like over the top challenge, ie we re out duo ing and dieing non stop, but, do like to have some challenge in mobs we have to kill etc, for quests.

What I want to know, is this game a click npc go kill mobs extremely easily, return to npc, and rinse and repeat, or is there some challenge to some quests.

Also, is the questing beyond linear, from what I ve read, or is there some different quests from time to time.

Thanks in advance.

no challenge to solo for the first 6 hours of play. and content doesn't seem to scale for groups.

if you really enjoy pvp, you might enjoy the pvp server due to there being allot of interperson conflict. though if you try soloing expect a fair amount of griefing due to the single progression of zones.