Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ncsoft - aion false advertising

hacprincehacprince Member UncommonPosts: 10

this is what happened to me

i posted it on the aion forum

the gm deleted it and banned me

am i wrong in this?

Comments

• hacprincehacprince Member UncommonPosts: 10

False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising.

Subject

account issue

Discussion Thread

Chat Transcript  03/08/2012 05:31 PM

Engagement Participant Entered

Felipe: im having a couple issues

Felipe: first i wanna know how does your trial works?

Felipe: What is an Aion Trial Account? An Aion Trial Account allows you to experience Aion, before purchasing a retail copy of the game.

Felipe: How long can I play an Aion Trial Account? Aion Trial Accounts are active until your character reaches Level 41.

Felipe: thats whats stated at the website

Felipe: right?

Karamdeep Singh: Felipe, may I have your NCsoft master Account name?

-------

Karamdeep Singh: Felipe as you are right and trial period is only for 10 days.

Felipe: as stated at your website says its active untill a character reaches lvl 41

Karamdeep Singh: Aion Trial Accounts are active for 10 days and 41 level, whichever comes first.

Felipe: where does it say 10 days?

Felipe: where does it say 10 days for the trial period?

Felipe: How long can I play an Aion Trial Account? Aion Trial Accounts are active until your character reaches Level 41. If you would like to continue playing your characters after the trial time has expired, you will need to upgrade your trial account with a retail copy of the game and your preferred payment method for the monthly subscription.

Felipe: i believe whats stated at the website is pretty clear

Felipe: theres the link if u like to check it with me plz

Karamdeep Singh: Yes ,it states that after the trial period is expired you will need to upgrade your trial account with a retail copy of the game and your preferred payment method for the monthly subscription.

Felipe: where does it say 10 days?

Felipe: Aion Trial Accounts are active until your character reaches Level 41 is what we see here

Felipe: published 2/3/12, updated 03/08/12 12:35

Felipe: Aion Trial Account FAQ Answer ID 8947 | Published 02/03/2012 02:47 PM | Updated 03/08/2012 12:35 PM

Felipe: says aion trial account faq

Felipe: its under aion trial account faq in the aion support section

Felipe: recently published

Felipe: has date, time

Karamdeep Singh: Yes As I am able to see that this link is for the Aion Trial Account FAQ and please give me some time to check this for you.

Felipe: i would like to know if u guys are really not gonna step up to what is stated in your website, the advertise i read

Karamdeep Singh: Please be assured Felipe, I am checking this for you.

Karamdeep Singh: Thank you for waiting. I really appreciate your patience.

Karamdeep Singh: Felipe I want to inform you that the new extended trials for Aion that lasts till level 40 only started on 2/27/2012. As your account was created on the 26th, it's a regular trial that will end in 10 days or up to level 20.

Felipe: where is that stated in the website under free trial faq?

Felipe: now u dont keep up to your own faq

Felipe: and on the free trial says lvl up to 41

Karamdeep Singh: Felipe I need to escalate you up to the next level of support to handle this issue. Give me a moment to create a support ticket and then I will transfer this chat conversation

Response Via Email (Austin)

03/08/2012 05:31 PM

Hello Felipe,

For your records, a transcript of our chat session is included below.

Please let me know if you have any other issues or questions!

Thanks,

Austin

NCsoft Account Support

the gm deleted and changed it to this

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?p=1259069#post1259069

now he stated here that after 27th they changed the rules and now i ask what date is today?

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

you posted "NCSoft - aion false advertising"?

they had every right to delete it and ban you.  wether you are right or not.

I've got the straight edge.

why? all i did was showed what happened to me and i ask aint that false advertising? when they state something at the website and do something diferent ingame?

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Yea, February 27th marked the start of the Rallying the Troops marketing campaign, where the trial for new accounts was extended to unlimited time with a level limit. The unlimited trial only applies to accounts made after the event started, and past subscribers are able to come back for free. 

This is in preparation for the upcoming free to play transition.

http://na.aiononline.com/rally-the-troops

It isn't false advertising.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

you're right though, says up to lvl 41. that's pretty douche of them.

I've got the straight edge.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I would have banned you, but then I am a bastard.
  • nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Just got to wait, it will all be F2P soon. All, everything, bwah. Gurgle.

click on the free trials faqs and tell me where is that stated plz

that it only applies to account made after x date

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Lol @ the idea that the game is so simple people could conceivably reach lvl 41 in 10 days. :D
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by Dibdabs

Lol @ the idea that the game is so simple people could conceivably reach lvl 41 in 10 days. :D

THIS.

Still I wonder how many people you would find that would told you that lvl 40 in 10 days is NOT fast and /or that is is slow.

rotfl

• CraioCraio Member Posts: 24

With your reasoning all trialaccounts that were active on the 27th should be converted to the new trialaccount type and every change ever made to the trialpolicy should be noted on the faq page.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

op:what did you consider false advertising!i ll respond what i think you think!you thot it was full free!not in there yet !but if you want an exemple of how it will be check l2 if you are in america if you are in eu it is already full free!

i am playing l2 and yes it is full free!no gimic no nothing!i would suggest you to buy a mount and stuff you feel necessary but it isnt needed you ll just progress a bit slower and if you use your brain will probasbly progress faster then me with my baught stuff!

grin ya i am slow!

Originally posted by hacprince

It doesn't have to. When you signed up it said 10 days. The FAQ was updated to be in line with the new system and doesn't apply to your trial. It was updated after the Rally the Troops event began and after your trial had already started.

You got exactly what you signed up for, and now you're complaining because the terms changed for new accounts right after you signed up. Either wait for the game to go free or make a new account.

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

my god just got to hotmail make a new email and sign up again, problem solved

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

Originally posted by Omali

Originally posted by hacprince

It doesn't have to. When you signed up it said 10 days. The FAQ was updated to be in line with the new system and doesn't apply to your trial. It was updated after the Rally the Troops event began and after your trial had already started.

You got exactly what you signed up for, and now you're complaining because the terms changed for new accounts right after you signed up. Either wait for the game to go free or make a new account.

Pretty much This, word for word.

• Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

In America you know it all!

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

the full free aion is coming soon !cant recall the official date!

• KRILE0NKRILE0N Member UncommonPosts: 299

Basically the same thing happened to me more or less. I created my trial 2 days before the extended trial was put in affect. I didn't really know that as they made it extremely confusing on their site. I had thought I was getting the new extended trial as they were already advertising it. So I of course used my master account and added Aion to it. Low and behold I got slapped with a little 10 day trial. Ok, I wait for Monday when it goes extended. Nope, no extended. I contact them and am told "previous free trials don't count". I ask why and they tell me that's just how it is basically. It's completely absurd not to upgrade active trials to extended trials, it was just 2 days back! If they'd of not confused the crap out of everyone with their horrible advertisement it would've been fine and I would've waited. Then they tell me to create a new account for the extended trial?!?! So 1 my account name is already taken and 2 my character name is already take due to my previous trial and linking to my master account.

Short story.. this whole free trial nonsense has been nothing but a horrible experience and don't know if I'll even consider coming over for the F2P. After all the environmental graphics were god awful so that's a big enough turn off there... and this on to it and good bye.

Originally posted by _Kyle_

Basically the same thing happened to me more or less. I created my trial 2 days before the extended trial was put in affect. I didn't really know that as they made it extremely confusing on their site. I had thought I was getting the new extended trial as they were already advertising it. So I of course used my master account and added Aion to it. Low and behold I got slapped with a little 10 day trial. Ok, I wait for Monday when it goes extended. Nope, no extended. I contact them and am told "previous free trials don't count". I ask why and they tell me that's just how it is basically. It's completely absurd not to upgrade active trials to extended trials, it was just 2 days back! If they'd of not confused the crap out of everyone with their horrible advertisement it would've been fine and I would've waited. Then they tell me to create a new account for the extended trial?!?! So 1 my account name is already taken and 2 my character name is already take due to my previous trial and linking to my master account.

Short story.. this whole free trial nonsense has been nothing but a horrible experience and don't know if I'll even consider coming over for the F2P. After all the environmental graphics were god awful so that's a big enough turn off there... and this on to it and good bye.

Rallying The Troops was announced in the 21st to begin on the 27th, and was plastered on the NCSoft website and numerous MMO news sites. That you didn't wait for two more days to start the unlimited trial and instead chose the 10 day trial is the consequence of your choice and inability to properly research before you sign up.

• KRILE0NKRILE0N Member UncommonPosts: 299

Originally posted by Omali

Originally posted by _Kyle_

Rallying The Troops was announced in the 21st to begin on the 27th, and was plastered on the NCSoft website and numerous MMO news sites. That you didn't wait for two more days to start the unlimited trial and instead chose the 10 day trial is the consequence of your choice and inability to properly research before you sign up.

Their poor advertisement isn't my problem. Why the hell would you hype the trial before it is even released when you've a system in place that already provides trials and they are non-transferrable to the new trial system? They've caused a confusing mess and I'm no where near the only one plagued with that confusion. Their forums are littered with people that experienced the same freaken issue. It was a piss poor way to go about the extended trial system, period. They shouldn't have said a stinking word until it was actually released to avoid the confusion. Otherwise they should've disabled creation of standard 10-day trials when they made the announcement. 2 very simple solutions and they chose to do neither and cause issues like what I and the OP has experienced.