Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks kinda neat

WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Kinda has s skyrim'ey look to it. Nice to see a sandbox in development. Ill keep my left eye on this one.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

Comments

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

It looks decent enough, just hope it isn't some pay to win thing...I could stand having to pay if it was good, I am not a person against subs, or downloadable content....Just not a race to who can spend the most.

The words sandbox atleast encourage me.

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

atleast they got it right with 3 realms rvr thats a good start.

• ClobClob Member Posts: 130

I'd probably pick this up for the initial purpose of exploring - if it looks worth that.  I'm a massive fan of ASoIaF and GoT on HBO so having the ability to "physically" run around in Westeros is a draw. 

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665

browser based...  :( ......that is all.

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • The screenshots alone prove that browser games have come a long way. I don't know why people bash it before we've even seen vids. 

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

wonder if it can handle massive rvr?

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Originally posted by ianicus

browser based...  :( ......that is all.

http://kotaku.com/5891419/the-new-face-of-browser+based-gaming-courtesy-of-unreal-engine-3

Umm do people even pay attention to technological advances ?

Mech Warrior Online will be browser based, and it uses Crytec Engine 3.

Narrow minded thinking will never advance gamers beyond there set in and "No Change" minsets. WoW/clones for example.

Lolipops !

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

How's this for a mindset....

Every browser based MMO that ever was stunk

Every sanbox MMO that ever was stunk

• saluksaluk Member Posts: 325

Looks worth a try for sure. Nothing worth getting hyped up about before we see how it comes out of course. I like the design of everyone being a smaller house and allying with the bigger ones. It's a good compromise I think, and lets players be new characters but still feel they are involved in the world. I don't really get browser-based though. If they are accessing my graphics card anyway why not just make a separate exe? It just doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not saying that if it's browser based the graphics can't be good or the game can't be good - but if the game and graphics ARE good why does it NEED to run in a browser?

Yeah I wouldn't get my hopes up to high for this, but at least I can't just outright dismiss it from what they have shown so far.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

People keep making fun of browser-based games, but someone is going to get it right.  When they do, that game will end up on Facebook and will go global inside of a week.  The devs will be laughing all the way to the bank.  (ask Zynga)

This may not be that MMO, but one is coming.  You can bet on it.  3D in the browser has been advancing steadily, and more companies are giving it a shot.

http://thenextweb.com/dd/2011/03/04/webgl-finalized-brings-hardware-accelerated-3d-to-the-browser/

Cool fluid simulation in HTML5: http://cake23.de/turing-fluid.html

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

The only downsides to browser based games are the cash shops that many of them have.  Zynga as a prime example.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Not worried about graphics using Unity or anything like that, but I can say that there hasn't been a browser based game I have played yet that I actually enjoyed or even took serious.  Couple this with Bigpoint, a publisher with some pretty poor games with terrible cash shops, I don't have high hopes for this.

It's unforunate too, because the Game of Thrones RTS game was a pretty poorly made game.  Sucks that we get great books and a good tv series, but a terrible RTS game and potentially bad 'MMO'. 

• AquitisAquitis Member Posts: 24

Wow, big news. 

Any half way decent Game of Thrones Sandbox will be big.  The indsutry is so cluttered with WOW clones this will really stand out. 

• MedeirosANMedeirosAN Member Posts: 22

Atleast it will be something to do.  Browser sounds interesting, wonder if it will restrict to only certain browsers

Looking forward to: Camelot Unchained
    Playing: None
    Played: DAOC, WAR, FFXIV, WOW, Vanguard, GW, GW2, LORTO,

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

I love this universe, but I'm really not into browser/f2p games usually. 

I hope they don't screw it up, it would be so painful to see a shitty game made out of a masterpiece.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205

I sparked an interest in this game but am forcing myself to not get interested as it will probably taint my already ace feeling towards the books and HBO's series 1.. Did the same with the RTS that was released recently. 

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

• ClobClob Member Posts: 130

Looks like a lot of people will be wary and have lower expections, so maybe we'll be able to enjoy it for what it is when it comes out.  I'm going to look at it as a game that I don't intend to play a lot or as a main game, but as something to goof around with.  As I wrote earlier, if they can manage to recreate Westeros well, that alone might offer a lot of enjoyment.  The books create imaginary imagery, the show gives us 'real' imagery but we don't have the ability to stray randomly from the scenes given.  We shall see.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

If u want a pvp , sandbox based game looks like game or thrones might be a godo one, They are raving about the look of it from gdc and bigpoint has a history of browser games 

If any company has the history with browser based games to make a great looking one its big point. Hey its free 2play in the end u dont have to buy it , its browser based so no download if u dont like it u dont even have to delete it so really whats the harm in trying it if thats the kind of game u are looking for

Im not a big pvp fan but love the show so may try it. 

• 2D34DLY4U2D34DLY4U Member UncommonPosts: 62

I looked for info on this game all I found was 7 screenshots and a news items from the ~GDC announcement.

Basically we know nothing other than it's a license based title with "sandbox" and "pvp" keywords attached, this always gathers huge interest, being hard to develop correctly (iterations!) but with huge endgame potential. Guess some are waiting for the next awesome game with these characteristics and although we intuitively feel it is the way to go, few companies have done it succesfully (*kiss* CCP).

Let's wait and see, don't think browser based is a restriction, if anything it provides an easy platform to make the game more accessible to the crowds, a pvp sandbox that is playable from a browser anywhere is interesting enough for me to follow at this point, let's see if they make it.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Originally posted by 2D34DLY4U

I looked for info on this game all I found was 7 screenshots and a news items from the ~GDC announcement.

Basically we know nothing other than it's a license based title with "sandbox" and "pvp" keywords attached, this always gathers huge interest, being hard to develop correctly (iterations!) but with huge endgame potential. Guess some are waiting for the next awesome game with these characteristics and although we intuitively feel it is the way to go, few companies have done it succesfully (*kiss* CCP).

Let's wait and see, don't think browser based is a restriction, if anything it provides an easy platform to make the game more accessible to the crowds, a pvp sandbox that is playable from a browser anywhere is interesting enough for me to follow at this point, let's see if they make it.

+1

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

I bought it.

It looks and plays alot like Dragon Age Origins but with much more dialog.

Running it at max graphics and it looks beautiful.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Bought what, its not out yet and you can't buy it yet?

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"