Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about Rift lite

nethrillnethrill Member Posts: 122

I played Rift upon launch for a while and am thinking about coming back. Is Rift lite the same game with limitations or is a seperate game altogether and not connected with the main Rift population?

Comments

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by nethrill

I played Rift upon launch for a while and am thinking about coming back. Is Rift lite the same game with limitations or is a seperate game altogether and not connected with the main Rift population?

I think the big limitation is the game is only free from level 1-20. If you have presious characters above 20, you need to pay the sub to play them. Or, you can make new characters to play from 1-20.

It is basically a trial with no time limit.

• Dr_NegativeDr_Negative Member UncommonPosts: 47

RIFT Lite restrictions are as follows:

- A RIFT subscription is required to access any characters on the account above level 20

- Maximum Level:  20

- Can only create two characters per shard

- Maximum Currency:  5 Platinum / 500 Planarite / 1000 Favor

- Auction House:  Purchase only;  cannot sell

- Mail:  Receive only; cannot send

- Trade:  Receive only; cannot initiate

- Open Zones:  Terminus, Mathosia, Freemarch, Silverwood, Meridian, and Sanctum

- Crafting:  Novice (75) skill-level cap

- Guilds:  Member only; cannot be promoted

- Chat:  Local channels + level chat only; no global chats (trade/lfg/etc.)

• Lille7Lille7 Member Posts: 301

So if I understand this correctly I don't have to create a new separate trial account? I played the game on release and quit after a little while, and I was thinking of starting again. So I can actually log onto my old account and just play characters under level 20 without paying the sub fee?

Originally posted by Lille7

So if I understand this correctly I don't have to create a new separate trial account? I played the game on release and quit after a little while, and I was thinking of starting again. So I can actually log onto my old account and just play characters under level 20 without paying the sub fee?

Correct, you can log into your original account and play with the restrictions that I mentioned above. When and if you decide to re-sub, the restrictions will be lifted.

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

i personally think its a fair deal, log in, play all you want, try all you want, if you loke the game at lvl 20, sub.

(not mentioning thta i think gw2´s model will win in the future :))

• AC1074AC1074 Member Posts: 274

Here is my dilemma or maybe.....Played rift at release and a little after. I am unsubbed but heard about the 1-20 free trial. So i launched my Rift and it updated. I logged in but was still able to access my toons that were lvl 20+. My question is did they give old subbers a free month of play for the anniversary or how is it I can still log in my lvl 20 toons that are not on the trial servers?

Originally posted by Ad-am

Here is my dilemma or maybe.....Played rift at release and a little after. I am unsubbed but heard about the 1-20 free trial. So i launched my Rift and it updated. I logged in but was still able to access my toons that were lvl 20+. My question is did they give old subbers a free month of play for the anniversary or how is it I can still log in my lvl 20 toons that are not on the trial servers?

Free week for the anniversary till the 15th I believe.