Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World - A little info About Crafting Mechanics

2»

Comments

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

i think of it as enchanting from skyrim, before you can apply a effect to your weapon, you need to disenchant it. so if you want a fire damage plus you need to find a fire weapon and disassemble it. if they even carry over the numbers when you do it. you could very easily just disassemble your dungeon gear and put it into what ever weapon you want.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

Originally posted by LadyNoh

i think of it as enchanting from skyrim, before you can apply a effect to your weapon, you need to disenchant it. so if you want a fire damage plus you need to find a fire weapon and disassemble it. if they even carry over the numbers when you do it. you could very easily just disassemble your dungeon gear and put it into what ever weapon you want.

yes elder scrolls enchanting meets minecraft.

but the other thing of note, its the same quality of gear as what you get from pve / pvp, your just taloring the exact recipie.

its kinda nice that some Gameplay (even though it was minimal) was finnally released

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

Originally posted by Vampires

Originally posted by ShakyMo

It's nothing like swtor, swtor is meaningless crafting of stuff you never use, its wow crafting but you use your crew rather than do it yourself.

Tsw crafting is about tailoring your gear to specific builds, has no skilling up, has no gather profs or node farming and let's you make gear you will use.

That is the part i like the most!

A great take on crafting if you ask me. I don't want to grind nodes or something to get gear. Killing mobs, taking their stuff and crafting to make it fit my build? Perfect. If they build the whole gearing process around. I will be really happy. It really seems to fit with their take on building your character. You need multiple builds with multiple sets of equipment. How do you manage to get all the right gear? Well, you craft it! :)

Damnet im getting more excited for this game. i dont think any game will compare for immersion, you will be your character. personally i hope they dont allow alts. as much as people may not like it, it adds Faction pride. FoM doesnt allow Alts because of the set ingame factions so you dont have a character in every faction.

Because i can.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

Damnet im getting more excited for this game. i dont think any game will compare for immersion, you will be your character. personally i hope they dont allow alts. as much as people may not like it, it adds Faction pride. FoM doesnt allow Alts because of the set ingame factions so you dont have a character in every faction.

i agree with the immersion, from what they've shown of the cut scenes and story it looks to be really well done.  the Alt replayability seems to be low, because you would just be gaining the same skills, but if the story is good i for one will want to see all 3 story lines.  im looking forward to what they show at GDC.

I've got the straight edge.

• HoskTheCubHoskTheCub Member Posts: 27

I usually craft in every game... I'm sorry, but this crafting system does not go well with me at all, I'll be buying stuff off the AH in this one.

Not being able to craft armors might even be a dealbreaker for the game for me.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

If they allow alts, thats me out - would destroy PVP

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by HoskTheCub

I usually craft in every game... I'm sorry, but this crafting system does not go well with me at all, I'll be buying stuff off the AH in this one.

Not being able to craft armors might even be a dealbreaker for the game for me.  

From the looks of it, you will be able to make hundreds if not thousands of useful items that people will actually buy. So many deck combinations, all being complimented by specific combinations of effects and stats from items and weapons.

The beauty of it is that when new patches and expansions come, the new crafting effects and stats are built into the content. So crafting can stay current with new skills and content being added.

I think it has a lot of potential. But so does the crew skill system on SWTOR and that needs a lot of love atm. I will remain cautiously optimistic about the crafting in TSW.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

you probubly will be able to craft armors. but they will do absolutly nothing since armor doesnt give stats.

Because i can.

• HycooHycoo Member UncommonPosts: 217

you probubly will be able to craft armors. but they will do absolutly nothing since armor doesnt give stats.

No crafting of clothing at launch. Weapons, chakras & consumables are what you are able to craft i think.

• watchawatchawatchawatcha Member Posts: 960

I have no idea how disassembling things will work, but I keep hearing minecraft associated with TSW crafting.  That sounds like that could be pretty indepth, but we'll have to wait and see.

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

Update, I added a new quote to the OP.

It might be blasphemy to post this here, but the interview is really good and has a lot of info about crafting http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=29140

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by Blackbrrd

It might be blasphemy to post this here, but the interview is really good and has a lot of info about crafting http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=29140

haha, I was going to update after lunch time... but you are fast!!

it's always nice to have people shoving some knowledge about this game in this forum!

• VampiresVampires Member Posts: 75

Good interview, explains quite a bit.. Tho craftings going to be very interesting!

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

If the player learns recipes and not the character, then wont that devolve pretty quickly to just a lookup on the internet?

• VampiresVampires Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by svann

If the player learns recipes and not the character, then wont that devolve pretty quickly to just a lookup on the internet?

Tho you have a point, i'd like to think that would not be the case.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by DannyGlover

Sounds ok. Kind of seems silly that a modern day mmo, people will be crafting shotguns instead of just buying them. But on the other hand it makes some sense because of the magical properties applied to them

It actually makes tons of sense, seeing as how everything these days are module and have replaceable parts. You'd be suprised what custom crap you can add to any firearm, same theory. Change a muzzle to a silencer and had a rapid firing hammer and that rifle becomes the "silent rifle of percussion fire".

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• wolfingwolfing Member UncommonPosts: 149

Guess crafters need not apply to this game. Which is ok, I'd rather have no crafting (like here) than to tack some standard WoW crafting like every other MMO.  Either do it well (SWG, EQ2, Vanguard) or don't do it.

Originally posted by wolfing

Guess crafters need not apply to this game. Which is ok, I'd rather have no crafting (like here) than to tack some standard WoW crafting like every other MMO.  Either do it well (SWG, EQ2, Vanguard) or don't do it.

I think you have misunderstood what crafting is about in TSW. As I see it, it's easily accessible and an essential part of the game to get the various different items to match the multiple builds you can use. The NDA from GDC where the crafting is being presented lifts on March 15th, I think you will get the information you need regarding the crafting there.