Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gas Prices

KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Gas prices here in Eastern Kansas are outragous. $2.41 a gallon for regular for krist's sake. I remember last year when $1.85 was an insane amount of money to pay for gas. Now, $1.85 would be a miracle! I recall being able to survive a week on 15 dollars in gas, and that was pushing it. Now, 25 dollars in gas for a week, and I try to drive less than I used to. If there aren't any politics in gas, why has the value of gas soared in the past 6 years? The values of this country sicken me at the moment. I need some time to recollect my thoughts I am so angry. Instead of declaring war on another subject, like the war on deadbeat dads or the war on abortion, why doesn't Bush declare war on something that matters, like The war on what the hell our country will become in 15 years.

What are you all paying for gas? If you don't buy gas with your own hard-earned money, please don't comment.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Comments

• GamewizeGamewize Member Posts: 956

Originally posted by Kiamde

Gas prices here in Eastern Kansas are outragous. $2.41 a gallon for regular for krist's sake. I remember last year when $1.85 was an insane amount of money to pay for gas. Now, $1.85 would be a miracle! I recall being able to survive a week on 15 dollars in gas, and that was pushing it. Now, 25 dollars in gas for a week, and I try to drive less than I used to. If there aren't any politics in gas, why has the value of gas soared in the past 6 years? The values of this country sicken me at the moment. I need some time to recollect my thoughts I am so angry. Instead of declaring war on another subject, like the war on deadbeat dads or the war on abortion, why doesn't Bush declare war on something that matters, like The war on what the hell our country will become in 15 years.
    What are you all paying for gas? If you don't buy gas with your own hard-earned money, please don't comment.

I never thought id meet another person from Kansas ;) Im in south central kansas, and the gas prices are just about that price.

I think it's the objective of your past self to make you cringe.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Just a prediction.

We'll see $3.00+ a gallon for fuel in the U.S.A. by the end of 2006.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • RufiusRufius Member Posts: 2,031

Seems like it's only gonna get higher.

http://198.6.95.31/

Professor Hubert Farnsworth - That question is less stupid but, you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Originally posted by Betrayal-X

You'd think that we'd have far more oil after being in the middle east so long. More proof bush is an idiot. The iraqi's have what they want, we have saddam, time to put effort into oil production.

• SackynutSackynut Member Posts: 558

its already $3 in california stop complaining.

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580
    I live in Ohio and it's around $2.30 where I live currently. 
  • maxdomaxdo Member Posts: 284
    its 1.03 in canada right now (witch is a lot here) and it shot up latly cause of some king guy pass a way at less thats what i heard
  • LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

Kiamde I feel ya man. Thank god its summer right now, becuase during the year when I commute to school I pay out the rear for gas. I live in the San Francisco bay area and commute over the bridge to Hayward for college. Gas lately has been costing around what is costs you, anywhere from $2.30 up to $2.90 in the mucky muck places. I can get it close to me for around $2.40, and I tell ya spending upwards of 40 bucks a week on gas when I barely make $120 a week at my part time job sucks.

It just pisses me off more when I see the prices fall all the way down to about $2.00, then 2 weeks later its back up at $2.50 and I think to myself " What the hell happened, all of a sudden gas costs THAT much more with the snap of somebodies fingers?". Gotta love big corporations and their control over something that a large part of our society depends on.

Although I voted for Bush in the last election(which im still unsure of who would have been the better choice) and I know the connections the Bush family has to big oil corps, I get pissed when I think about it. Here is a man who by far is not even close to the best choice of a leader for this country, yet he is because we put him here. YET he cant put in a good word to the oil companies to give the little people some relief? Im sure it doesnt work like that, but I just feel used and dirty when thinking about that.

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by Sackynut
    its already $3 in california stop complaining.

Have to remember, although $3 is WAY to high as it is, in the rich places of cali, people also make alot more. Not saying that people dont make alot in other states, but where I live in the bay area, I see $3 gas and I look around and see BMW's, Lexus', Mercedes, Jaguars, etc. $2.30 in places other than Cali is a huge amount of cash for gas. Then again im not fortunate enough to be one of those rich ass people and have to work hard for my money, and then I get angry at the high prices, so I do feel ya. ::::28::

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

I'm 'supposed' to use premium in my car, luckily I never go anywhere ::::31::

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

Hmm..

I hardly go anywhere.

I walk unless its to cross town. I've been considering buying a bike for that.

Don't know what gas prices are here in SE kansas but I imagine that they're the same.

My brother bought a bike about a month or so ago and I doubt that he's used his car at all since then. More people should do this, where possible.

• PrideboyPrideboy Member Posts: 26

As time goes on and newborns of today (the year, not the actual date) become teenagers and adults, and so on. I can see gas just going up and up to the point in about 2050 to $10 USD if not more.

*shrugs* just my two cents

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

$10 in 2050 would be nothing. I seriously doubt we will even be using gas then, but then again we were supposed to all be in flying cars by 2000 and have robot servants ::::14:: I actually hope to buy a hybrid in the next 5 years for around town. They are finally releasing some decent looking ones ::::28::

• Lo/RezLo/Rez Member UncommonPosts: 18
    HAHAHAHA you guys are nuts in the UK we pay around £ 0.94 per litre (thats about $1.68 per LITRE) man if i was paying your prices i'd be dreamin image
  • DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

Don't anybody say anything about compressed air or any other cleaner, cheaper methods of running a car because the oil companies will have you killed!

Seriously though, I for one find it embarrassing that we are so dependent on oil.

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• cloudoffirecloudoffire Member Posts: 271

ITS ALL A GOVERNMENTAL CONSPIRACY TO GET US TO WALK TO GET OUR VIDEO GAMES INSTEAD OF DRIVE TO GET THEM!!! DAMN THEM AND DAMN THERE TRICKS TO GET US TO EXERCISE!!!

-Cloudoffire-

• jaheirajaheira Member Posts: 3

in france .. gas is taxed around 80% .. so one liter of unleaded is 1€10 (which is around 1.50$ i think for 1 liter.. IF I remember a gallon is 4 liters :-))

but my car is 11years old, diesel and I consume 5l/100km.. so one ful tank cost me 40€ average and I can drive 700 / 750 km with one tank..

maybe you should drive more "normal" car no?

I am planning to change next time for the hybrid new car we have here.. electrical and gas.. I usually use as well the electric tram we have in the center that goes up to any part of the main citys around strasbourg, if you need to go farest train connection are good and cheap as well..

all you need in US is spending war money on infrastructure.. and good gas / pollution policy.. but knowing the spririt.. it will never happen.

jaheira... player of Wow and .. open to all..

• patheospatheos Member Posts: 1,148

2.29 here in iowa, 2 days ago it was 1.99...thats 30 cents in 2 days!! My job sucks so I seldom drive.

• WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893

Originally posted by Gamewize

Originally posted by Betrayal-X

You'd think that we'd have far more oil after being in the middle east so long. More proof bush is an idiot. The iraqi's have what they want, we have saddam, time to put effort into oil production.

Before you issue your venom on Bush incorrectly, I suggest you learn more about the history of modern oil pricing and who controls it.  You would think we would have far more oil after being in the middle east for so long, if you were a complete tool.  Hmmm let's see, we've invaded Iraq, ok that's one. 

Listen up children, there is a business partnership called OPEC.  This monopoly of oil producing countries has meetings where THEY decide on production levels and pricing.  Is anyone here old enough or hell, even watched television once in a while and seen what they did to the US in the 70's?  Until we "Iraq" the rest of the middle east, oil pricing will be mostly out of our hands irregardless of who holds the office of the Presidency. 

There is one exception to the rule however.  The US has massive oil reserves ready for release, but it is deemed better to import oil currently.  That is the only way that WE could change the oil prices.  Even then by using our reserves which must be hoarded for military purposes, we would only drive the price higher eventually due to scarcity.

• SiphonsSiphons Member Posts: 445

the further west you live the more expensive it gets due to transportation costs. I live in east tennessee and it's hovering around $2.05 - $2.15. that's still too much for this little pizza chef ::::16:: (domino's)

---------------------------------------
    All you friggin suburban white kid wannabe poobutts that are in love with G-Unit are sad and pathetic. Find your own identity ::::28:: -Anarchyart

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047

depending on where you go it can be from 1.85 to 2.05

hmmmm i wonder what they pay in alaska.image THey do supply there own gasoline dont they.

• AlcananAlcanan Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Here in Ontario Canada it's 99.9 cents a LT. Last week it was only 84.5 Oh well time to find alternate sorces to replace foil fuels.

Alcanan

"The True North Strong and Free"
    "Faith Manages"

• RufiusRufius Member Posts: 2,031
    If they'd just stop making Fossil Fuel'd cars and start making electric/hydrogen/Compressed Air cars.  This wouldn't be a problem no more but, someone or some company is scared thousands of already doomed jobs will be considered obsolete.  Greedy politicians, and businessmen.  I think they all need a lobatomy.

Professor Hubert Farnsworth - That question is less stupid but, you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

"What the world need is more unemployed politicians" was a quote I hears once. But yes they are all a bunch of windbags wanting to get into office. As for the corporations, whatever makes them another dollar makes them happy, and whatever change might actually help people but take that money away from them they dont want happening.

• AldaronAldaron Member Posts: 1,048
    If it wasn't for a bunch of tree huggers that want to save those damn owl's; we'd already be up in alaska drilling an almost infinite amount of our own oil.

"Fear not death; for the sooner we die, the longer shall we be immortal."