Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can we get rid of a lot of these crappy browser based games on mmorpg?

2»

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

op:true there are lot of morpg in here or rpg or a lot of what you can think of!true!they could clean it upto just mmorpg!how many mmorpg do we know!answering this question is answering the why!the sad truth is at some point the gaming industry took the meaning of massive multiplayer online and decided ok all game need to be called this!false advertising?beats me!but now a chess game or a lol game or anything you can think of is considered mmo because million play it even if its just 2 vs 2!

and if we found a new cool name i suspect the same thing would happen!some game are honest and say it like it is they are rpg etc but most name everything mmo wouldnt want to be left out lol!and god knows they in the end make it worst!cause

some want to play mmo and some want to play rpg etc!so both are ticked off at industry for missguiding player to make sure even those not wanting to play rpg get to play rpg and those not wanting to play mmo get forced to play mmo!

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I don't think it's neccessary to get rid of browser-based games on MMORPG as such, but the ability to filter ( by "attributes") the games I see listed would be awesome...

Let's have a "My MMORPG" view option !

That way we can all freely indulge our own private forms of discrimination, without trying to limit anyone else's experience.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

I don't think it's neccessary to get rid of browser-based games on MMORPG as such, but the ability to filter ( by "attributes") the games I see listed would be awesome...

That way we can all freely indulge our own private forms of discrimination, without trying to limit anyone else's experience.

Our Game List has a "Create Custom List" filtering option. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• stormseekazstormseekaz Member UncommonPosts: 168

Originally posted by drbaltazar

op:true there are lot of morpg in here or rpg or a lot of what you can think of!true!they could clean it upto just mmorpg!how many mmorpg do we know!answering this question is answering the why!the sad truth is at some point the gaming industry took the meaning of massive multiplayer online and decided ok all game need to be called this!false advertising?beats me!but now a chess game or a lol game or anything you can think of is considered mmo because million play it even if its just 2 vs 2!

and if we found a new cool name i suspect the same thing would happen!some game are honest and say it like it is they are rpg etc but most name everything mmo wouldnt want to be left out lol!and god knows they in the end make it worst!cause

some want to play mmo and some want to play rpg etc!so both are ticked off at industry for missguiding player to make sure even those not wanting to play rpg get to play rpg and those not wanting to play mmo get forced to play mmo!

I agree with everything you said.  But god dang was it agitating to read that.  Are you writing in code?

if OP's post = true

then reply

if OP's post =! true

then execute side bar advertisement

• AxiomAxiom Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Amana

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Our Game List has a "Create Custom List" filtering option. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

Its funny how in this day and age if you actually stand up and ASK for something, everyone jumps down your throat and calls you 'part of the problem' and 'you think life revolves around you!' Dont read it!'and other such nonsence.

I am not asking for the world! Just a better search engine. There is a reason Netscape isn't around any more folks.

For all the people that agreed with me, I thank you. It really is a problem. To all the people who told me I think the world revolves around myself. I know it does not. Not in the least. Yet it doesnt revolve around you either. If you want to change something, try to change it. Its better than sitting around complaining. All you are doing then is using up good air and space for the rest of us.

Finally, to Amana, Thanks for your advice! It is truly helpful.

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396

Yeah, im kinda tired at looking at animae elves with HUGE boobs on somthing that looks like a 10 year old

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by Axiom

Seriously, I come to MMORPG to look for GOOD mmorpgs! This latest influx of sh*tty Japanese Rpgs just needs to go away.... if you got rid of the junk on the game list, the list would be reduced by 2/3rds. 

Cant we get rid of this stuff?

They generate revenue of all the games on their website. Unless you want to suggest that they make their website subscription based.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

Some of the browser games are actually pretty fun....Alot of them require no download and you can play for free right away.....I dont have any problem with them being here just give them a seperate section so those of us that dont mind them can look through them.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

What is considered 'crappy' is subjective. If it's an MMO, we'll list it. You guys can rate it/hype it to whatever levels you deem appropriate and other users will be able to make decisions based off of that. 'Bad' games being on the list is helpful, too. You guys can help each other figure out which games to avoid and which games are worth checking out.

If you want to easily browse through games you like, simply go through our list and add a bunch of them to your favorites. You can then access your favorites from the Favorite Games dropdown at the top of the site.

EDIT: Also, Create Custom List suggested by Amana above is another great alternative.

• Dixie14dfDixie14df Member Posts: 7

Just use a ad blocker plug-in if they annoy you so much... i agreed alot of them are for below par games.