Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When looking at weapons....

Do we look at the total amount of "DPS" or how it says "60 phaser energy damage" etc, etc....? I used to look at energy damage but am now looking at total DPS. Am I wrong? It's only my 3-4th day playing this game.

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,310

Ya, dps is the main thing there. Once you have access to different types of energy weapons, you'll have more to consider. Each type has a different effect on your enemy.

Everything you need to know should be here.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ShardWarriorShardWarrior Member Posts: 290

It is also good practice to stick to one energy weapon type as well.  Each weapon type (phaser, disruptor, plasma etc.) all do the same base level damage, they just have different secondary effects (DoT, resist debuff, chance to disable a system, shield drain etc.).  Once you hit the higher levels, I recommend Anti-proton weapons as those are the least resisted by NPCs.

• sossesi210sossesi210 Member Posts: 37

Really anti-proton? I thought Chroniton would be best...

Originally posted by sossesi210

Really anti-proton? I thought Chroniton would be best...

There are no Chroniton energy weapons to my knowledge.  Anti-proton is the least resisted energy type by NPCs.  Coupled with a high crit chance, it will do more damage over time than other energy types.

• sossesi210sossesi210 Member Posts: 37

I'm referring to the projectile weapon, would antiproton energy weapon and chroniton projectile weapon be best?

• kabal.yerokabal.yero Member UncommonPosts: 29

my odyssey has anti-proton beams and quantum torpedos... not sure if that is the best but they do their jobs... :D

Originally posted by sossesi210

I'm referring to the projectile weapon, would antiproton energy weapon and chroniton projectile weapon be best?

Personally, I would not recommend Chroniton projectiles.  In my experience, Quantum Torpedoes offer the most bang for the buck.  Heavy Tricobalt or Heavy Plasmas can deliver massive damage, assuming the target does not shoot them down first.  Their long recharges would not make them a projectile of choice for me.  That is just my playstyle though.

I would suggest looking at and comparing the DPS for all the projectiles.  There is a lot of information out there, so I would suggest sites like http://www.stowiki.org.  You can find a decent chart there to compare projectiles (http://www.stowiki.org/Chroniton_Torpedo_Launcher). 

As far as energy weapons, I do recommend anti-proton.  Again, it is the least resisted damage type (so far).