Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow... improved !!!

JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

I, like many others, pre-ordered Aion back in the day. I made it to level 38 Templar before the Abyss grinding got to me. I just recently returned with this Free reactivation period, and all I can say is WOW! I am having a blast. At level 38 I was able to do a pre-quest, and enter a solo instance called Kromede's Trial.

I actually had a hard time with it at first! I had to use the tools they gave me, along with my own skills to progress in this dungeon. The first time through is a story mode sort of, but after that other doors open up and you can choose whether to kill the side bosses for their armor, or to leave them up and face a tough version of the final boss for a chance at a Yellow weapon. On my first time I decided to go for the weapon, and I got the key to drop !!! I was very lucky.

There are a lot of people on the NA servers. Constant PVP going on, and people seeking more players for different PVE instances and non-instanced groups.

If you played AION a while back, now is a great time to check it out again. It's going to be free, can't beat free.

P.S. The graphics are still some of my favorite in any game (2nd only to FFXIV).

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

wow, thats pretty cool. I think I will give the game a try, I got to level 37 back in the day and got sooooooooooo tired of the grind. I will check it out now and hope for the best for when f2p hits US :D

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Originally posted by Kuppa

wow, thats pretty cool. I think I will give the game a try, I got to level 37 back in the day and got sooooooooooo tired of the grind. I will check it out now and hope for the best for when f2p hits US :D

im trying it out here on free play, the game has a real solid feel to it, very traditional mmorg feel, almost early wowesque like (although obviously it changes later)  Enjoying so far.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

It did improved a lot. I guess it's one of the best f2p games right now and will soon be f2p in NA too. Worth a try for free for everyone I guess.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Well, after awhile the quest chains still begin to outlevel you, leaving you stuck with grinding repeatable quests over and over again.  For some classes, it takes a darn long time and a lot of effort to kill mobs solo, making repeating those quests over and over again an unpleasant experience.  If I'm not mistaken, the solo dungeons have a lock out timer, so you can't really grind those over and over if that's your cup of tea.  Leveling is a lot faster than it used to be though.

I've played TERA to level 26, and at least up until that point, I've never felt forced to grind repeatable quests although there certainly are plenty of them to be found.  I've heard that the XP was increased for the closed beta, and if that's the case, I can see the game's grind being very similar to current Aion.

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458

Honestly, Aion and Final Fantasy XIV are two of my favorite games, yet both of them have a bad reputation.  Seriously, a bad launch doesn't mean a bad game, because if it's still up and running, you can bet they've been working hard to improve it.  

Anyway, glad to see you're enjoying Aion!  I kinda miss my character that can only be described as the result of character creation gone bad.  Definitely gonna give the reactivation period a shot when I've got some spare time!

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Originally posted by Ujirik

Honestly, Aion and Final Fantasy XIV are two of my favorite games, yet both of them have a bad reputation.  Seriously, a bad launch doesn't mean a bad game, because if it's still up and running, you can bet they've been working hard to improve it.  

Anyway, glad to see you're enjoying Aion!  I kinda miss my character that can only be described as the result of character creation gone bad.  Definitely gonna give the reactivation period a shot when I've got some spare time!

I'm really looking forward to FFXIV 2.0. I hope to GOD they won't implement quest grinding though ala WoW.

Originally posted by SuperXero89

Well, after awhile the quest chains still begin to outlevel you, leaving you stuck with grinding repeatable quests over and over again.  For some classes, it takes a darn long time and a lot of effort to kill mobs solo, making repeating those quests over and over again an unpleasant experience.  If I'm not mistaken, the solo dungeons have a lock out timer, so you can't really grind those over and over if that's your cup of tea.  Leveling is a lot faster than it used to be though.

I've played TERA to level 26, and at least up until that point, I've never felt forced to grind repeatable quests although there certainly are plenty of them to be found.  I've heard that the XP was increased for the closed beta, and if that's the case, I can see the game's grind being very similar to current Aion.

I think TERA will be pretty good. I want to try it out, just not sure if it's worth the box + sub fee with all thats coming out this year. I will probably buy it, cuz I'm an mmo junky. Regretting my purchase of SWTOR though, and TERA has the same kind of quests, albeit minus the annoying CS's for every single one.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

Originally posted by Jimmydean

I'm really looking forward to FFXIV 2.0. I hope to GOD they won't implement quest grinding though ala WoW.

FFXIV was my personal messiah of mmo's, but I was so mad that it failed that I tore my CE edition to shreds, and snapped the discs in half.... ><'

Btw, if you start Aion, come to Vaizel server and pick Elyos, we are outnumbered by the Asmos, and need backup, lol...

Originally posted by SoulSurfer

FFXIV was my personal messiah of mmo's, but I was so mad that it failed that I tore my CE edition to shreds, and snapped the discs in half.... ><'

Btw, if you start Aion, come to Vaizel server and pick Elyos, we are outnumbered by the Asmos, and need backup, lol...

I think I got auto transferred to Israphel. We are outnumbered here as well. Elyos that is. The only thing children love more than PVP is being evil.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I, like many others, pre-ordered Aion back in the day. I made it to level 38 Templar before the Abyss grinding got to me. I just recently returned with this Free reactivation period, and all I can say is WOW! I am having a blast. At level 38 I was able to do a pre-quest, and enter a solo instance called Kromede's Trial.

I actually had a hard time with it at first! I had to use the tools they gave me, along with my own skills to progress in this dungeon. The first time through is a story mode sort of, but after that other doors open up and you can choose whether to kill the side bosses for their armor, or to leave them up and face a tough version of the final boss for a chance at a Yellow weapon. On my first time I decided to go for the weapon, and I got the key to drop !!! I was very lucky.

There are a lot of people on the NA servers. Constant PVP going on, and people seeking more players for different PVE instances and non-instanced groups.

If you played AION a while back, now is a great time to check it out again. It's going to be free, can't beat free.

P.S. The graphics are still some of my favorite in any game (2nd only to FFXIV).

I agree with you, I am back for the F2P version on Nexus and am having a blast.

Still only 32 though ><

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

What I hated about Aion, was it felt like Guild Wars with a working space bar.

Combat is automaticly sorted.

*click on enemy player then auto follow*, requires no skill at all :( that is the biggest thing I hate about this game.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

one of the best but for some reason ,player play lineage2!i sure would like to understand why?

• gwarrengwarren Member Posts: 6

You can run a trial account til lvl40