Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mounts?

VicAlonzoVicAlonzo Member UncommonPosts: 72

Are their personal mounts in SB?

- He Who Fears Death Is In Denial, For Death Is Promised. -

Comments

• AnimefeendAnimefeend Member Posts: 7
    There are no mounts in Shadowbane.  Long-distance travel is normally handled either by having a run speed buff spell (some classes have them, the commander discipline will grant access to one, or you just need to be grouped with a character that has a group run speed buff chant--scout, bard, priest, ranger), or through the Rune Gates (portals at set locations throughout the map, a traveler discipline is required to use them, except to go to the Law, Choas, and Oblivion gates, anyone can go to those).  A run buff would be the closest thing to a mount--I really doubt much of anyone in Shadowbane would want to hassle with any type of mount, it's easier just to be able to move really, really fast with the run buffs.

-SilentWarlock

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452

I can see some benefits with mounts for those just looking out for groups or explore, but it would make PvP/Pking other people alot easiser(chasing down newbies who dont have mounts) and god knows what other problems it might create.

Having mounts would take away from characters like the scout, who part of their function (along with revealing stealthers) is to go fast.  It would create some major issues if suddenly anyone with a good mount could outrun a scout. 

On the subject of travel, although not speed, they are currently working on a new feature specifically for anyone just looking to travel long distances, a stance or power (they said it could be either) that will reduce stamina useage but makes you pretty much useless in a fight (it's specifcally for travel, they don't want people using it in PvP).  I personally think that will make a nice feature--it can be so annoying when you're running somewhere far away and keep having to sit to regen stam, or even a moderate distance with character that just doesn't have a lot of stamina (like a wizard).

-SilentWarlock

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452

didnt they mention they might allow teleportation for guilded people to travel between their own and allied towns as quick as possible, to defend it?.

Yes, they've been talking for a while about an city-to-city travel system where you can teleport to any city within your nation, and possibly open trees.  This is another good thing imo, and I think it makes perfect sense to be able to go to any city in your nation.  The open trees I can see where some people might disagree, but I think that would also be a good thing, since that way if you're going to a shopping/training town, you wouldn't need to lose your tags (and rank, if you had any on the character).  Traveling in Shadowbane isn't something that should be a hassle, the easier it is to get places the easier it is to get to the PvP, which is what SB is all about.

-SilentWarlock