Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

if you get angry when you get hacked.. dont play!

iToxiiCziToxiiCz Member Posts: 34

i have actually been hacked 5+ times. i had a lvl 115 (i was given) and i transferred all my cash then i got hacked.

i got an account called OG Kamz, i was given it

i was very happy when i received that.

then i transferred all my cash.

and then he recovered his account by changing the pass and changing the recovery questions

its just horrible, how you get something you like then get hacked

ever since i never played again

dont take accounts or atleast when you do, change the pass and the recovery questions as soon as u can

if not, dont transferr your cash.

plus you usually get hacked once in your runescape lifetime

i still have some OK accounts.

OG Kamran

K 9 5

-MultiKill-l

M E H T E H

|--Kamran--|

Comments

• b2i12b2i12 Member Posts: 75

10 year member..never hacked .  You just have to make sure to follow certain saftety precautions.  These are mine, I obvious cant guarentee they will work for you, but why not give some a try. 

1.) Change password every thirty days

2.) Password has no meaning to you and cannot be found in the dictionary

3.) Reset Recover questions every 60 days

4.) Make sure your computer is secured with an adequate Virus/Malware Software

5.) Perform Quick Scans when you get off your computer for the night.

These are just some basic and very common computer security basics that you can use to hopefully prevent or at least minimize the chance of your accounts getting hacked. 

• gladosrev2gladosrev2 Member CommonPosts: 203

Originally posted by b2i12

10 year member..never hacked .  You just have to make sure to follow certain saftety precautions.  These are mine, I obvious cant guarentee they will work for you, but why not give some a try. 

1.) Change password every thirty days

2.) Password has no meaning to you and cannot be found in the dictionary

3.) Reset Recover questions every 60 days

4.) Make sure your computer is secured with an adequate Virus/Malware Software

5.) Perform Quick Scans when you get off your computer for the night.

These are just some basic and very common computer security basics that you can use to hopefully prevent or at least minimize the chance of your accounts getting hacked. 

To add to the above..

6) Don't install bots, most are keyloggers.

7) Don't run suspicious exe files you receive from new 'friends'

8) Don't share your account pass/login with anyone who isn't a good friend irl

9) Don't use the same pass for multiple sites/games

10) Read up about Social Engineering and how it can be used to get the details from you without you even realizing it

Never been hacked in my life. It's just not possible, unless you help the hackers by not being careful.

My Guild Wars 2 First Beta Weekend "reviewette" : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4944570/thread/349125#4944570

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

Don't be so ignorant just because you haven't experienced being hacked yourself.

There was a way a while ago to hack accounts without a pass and thats what a little brat did to my almost 10 years playing & mostly paying. Runescape is probably the least safe online game to play and full of lies aswell. It's a long time since RS was the No.1 Free Tp Play game but just because failed accounts & multiple bot accounts are all recorded as having existed once they include all this false info. Then there's high scores which if you have any idea of maths you can work it out for yourself that those are all 24/7 botted accounts thus high scores is false too - Dungeneering in it's first 100 days showed the leadr then averaged 670k experience per day including from lvl1.

Don't believe anything and just tread cautious in life. Don't feel destroyed like me and just forget about playing this old game that used to be good but has been too pulled apart and ends up too contradictory.

Enjoy your life and play your X-Box or Playstation as thats the one they can't ruin to waste your life.

• Ninjasam17Ninjasam17 Member Posts: 3

Runescape is not the only game where you can get hacked... I'm sure that other games are just as "unsafe" as runescape.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

My mu online account got hacked when i was like 14 or 15 (8 or so years ago) and I just chuckled. It was like a heavy burden was lifted. I could finally stop playing. Of course, it was my own fault. I tried to download an auto clicker thinking "im sure these are real" but they weren't. then a month or 2 later, someone tells me "hey come to sever 4, I'll sell you a hellion+4 sword for 20k"(which was dirt cheap)  or whatever it was. Then I log off of server 2 and get the message "account is already logged into" I knew right away what was going on.

The joke was on them though because i was super gimped.

• legendsololegendsolo Member UncommonPosts: 81

Originally posted by Jalice888

Don't be so ignorant just because you haven't experienced being hacked yourself.

There was a way a while ago to hack accounts without a pass and thats what a little brat did to my almost 10 years playing & mostly paying. Runescape is probably the least safe online game to play and full of lies aswell. It's a long time since RS was the No.1 Free Tp Play game but just because failed accounts & multiple bot accounts are all recorded as having existed once they include all this false info. Then there's high scores which if you have any idea of maths you can work it out for yourself that those are all 24/7 botted accounts thus high scores is false too - Dungeneering in it's first 100 days showed the leadr then averaged 670k experience per day including from lvl1.

Don't believe anything and just tread cautious in life. Don't feel destroyed like me and just forget about playing this old game that used to be good but has been too pulled apart and ends up too contradictory.

Enjoy your life and play your X-Box or Playstation as thats the one they can't ruin to waste your life.

never got hacked in 7 years of playing on and off, most likely it's your own fault by downloading a free bot. about "hacking without a pass" got proof of this? security questions should keep your account safe.

about highscores you are right they are..., did it myself. as today almost all bots are banned have a look at powerbot.org or bots.net they all ran away with every penny they could  grab.(bots.net  a few weeks ago)

runescape changed thats true, saying others shouldnt play it because you think its not worth it?thats just...

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

Lmao, in 10 years i've known most of 800,000 accounts have been hacked. This is mainly why it's just those that were missed out account names that didn't get hacked. Hackers learnt lessons doing it and they took a pic of the accounts friends list to then hack all those, pic those friends lists & hack the bigger list and so on. All those that were friendly and helpful just got caught because someone on their friends list was a 24/7 skite high lvl that started the hacking.

Too bad any way don't play a Jagex game ever again as they are putting worms & trojans onto their emails etc warning your account is 'In Danger Zone' or 'Members is Due To Expire' etc etc. There's a free security checker that works well from Microsoft called Microsoft Security Essentials that works well stopping all that trouble. Also you need to empty your Java Catch File as thats where others are hiding their bugs now.

Every game has to eventually die and now it's time that Ruinedscape joined the dead game list. Sit at a computer screen with no sunlight you just help yourself to die young as Vitamin D helps protect from Fatal Disease.

Have fun but don't pay for it by bad health. Bye

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Sorry to hear it bro.  Getting hacked is no fun I'd imagine.  Though it's mever happened to me in any game other than WoW.  It was a gold farmer too because I made the mistake of thinking an e-mail from Blizzard was actually from Blizzard.  They just used it to create bot farmers though and I quickly got it back and secured it with nothing lost.

From my experience, it's usually your fault if you get hacked.  There are some exceptions I'm sure, but in general, it's probably your mistake.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Nobody even read the OP.

He BOUGHT a friggin' account and the person he BOUGHT the account from took it back.

He was not hacked.

And the funnier bit? He just posted all his account names so Jagex can ban all his bought accounts.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• legendsololegendsolo Member UncommonPosts: 81

Lmao, in 10 years i've known most of 800,000 accounts have been hacked. This is mainly why it's just those that were missed out account names that didn't get hacked. Hackers learnt lessons doing it and they took a pic of the accounts friends list to then hack all those, pic those friends lists & hack the bigger list and so on. All those that were friendly and helpful just got caught because someone on their friends list was a 24/7 skite high lvl that started the hacking.

Too bad any way don't play a Jagex game ever again as they are putting worms & trojans onto their emails etc warning your account is 'In Danger Zone' or 'Members is Due To Expire' etc etc. There's a free security checker that works well from Microsoft called Microsoft Security Essentials that works well stopping all that trouble. Also you need to empty your Java Catch File as thats where others are hiding their bugs now.

Every game has to eventually die and now it's time that Ruinedscape joined the dead game list. Sit at a computer screen with no sunlight you just help yourself to die young as Vitamin D helps protect from Fatal Disease.

seems like every post you made is a rant of insult too jagex.

you should know by now that they never contact you through mail, was on every login screen for months.there's a inbox for a reason.

jalice, if you hate rs so much could you please hate it somewhere else? tbh, you seem to know much about it,you've played it thats sure. but why are you doing this? cant you get it some people like it?

its a great game,its not the same as its once was thats sure. runescape is more than all those themeparks that are being made in the past years, you and i know that.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

seems like OP never made all these chars he claim to be hacked. L0L

I just read "was given" and "I transfer all my money".

sorry to tell but it your own fault, as character share is clearly against the rules.
    you should think why guy will give you his account before using it, so you have not being HACKED at all but SCAMMED as you acted against the rule and took cheese from the trap.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

Originally posted by legendsolo

seems like every post you made is a rant of insult too jagex.

you should know by now that they never contact you through mail, was on every login screen for months.there's a inbox for a reason.

jalice, if you hate rs so much could you please hate it somewhere else? tbh, you seem to know much about it,you've played it thats sure. but why are you doing this? cant you get it some people like it?

its a great game,its not the same as its once was thats sure. runescape is more than all those themeparks that are being made in the past years, you and i know that.

you sir are deluding yourself

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• DDotDDot Member UncommonPosts: 10

i was given it

i was very happy when i received that.

then i transferred all my cash.

i still have some OK accounts.

Sounds like you buy accounts. So what happened to OP is entirely expected and amusing.

Besides, this is an old thread.