Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population Increase!!!!!

Comments

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

Originally posted by kakasaki

Originally posted by xDayx

Originally posted by Anubisan

While I realize that MO has its faults its still my choice of a game to play and sub to it in its current state.

Awesome game imo and about to get more awesome.

I dont think all sandbox fans should support it though. For example, I love sandbox games but I dont want to give money to CCP because they have EVE because I dont enjoy playing a ship.

See. A valid opinion I don't agree with but I'm not calling anyone selfish or asking for faith or state that because he doesn't support CCP the entire genre is in danger...

Support doesn't have to be monetary. I also don't like EVE, so I don't play it or pay them money. Still, I do think that CCP is doing good things for the MMO community and sandbox games in particular. Their success is in my best interest even though I can't stand actually playing their game. For this reason, you won't see me repeatedly posting in the EVE forums about how much I dislike it.

The difference is I think SV is doing something bad to the genre and we are all the worse for it...

So let me get this straight. You played the game during beta for a couple days and then deleted it off your hard drive and you have the knowledge to say its doing bad for the genre? I really dont see where your expansive knowledge of the game comes in after a couple days of beta and gleaning whatever knowledge you can from other MO critics on the site? Care to enlighten me?

Beauty of the internet: I don't owe you or anyone any explanations. Go through my past post history if you care to know my issues with the game. 

I did, I know of your issues with the game. And they were all based off the couple days you said you played the game during beta.  Alot of people know MO was bad back in beta with the floating mobs, desync, etc. But to make an opinion of the game now off an opinion of the game during beta isnt really factual.

For example..... here is my opinion of the game. (I played after it went gold and didnt play in beta) And I am currently still play the game....  

Opinion: Many of the game's bugs are gone although I am not currently 100% that no one can exploit into palisades at this time. In addition Im not currently sure if items are 100% not dupe-able. SV has stated that duping is fixed, they sound less sure about the palisade wall exploits in my opinion. Regardless, the game as it sits now is pretty fun to play and challenging pve is not even in the game until next expansion. Crafting/gathering is deep. The hunger/sleep/cooking system is a good addition to the game. Lag switching in fights is almost non-consequential now. I can go through an entire night without incurring 1 bug. Node-switching lag is 99% better (Chunk lag in Vanguard SoH is 10 times worse than in Mortal). Awakening is bringing much needed UI revamp and PVE to the game and the roaming guards should keep criminals off of the main roads unless they are feeling brave like it should be.  Armor dyeing is a welcome addition in the next expansion as well as the removal of vendor sold wood and food, making those professions more meaningful to new players and to cooks.   The population since the "awakening" announcment has increased or its just a figment of my imagination that I see alot of people around (note: that announcement was after the last quarterly report).  All in all MO still has a few things to work on, but it has made alot of progress ever since desync was fixed. With more sand and tools in awakening its shaping up to prove everyone wrong. 

Thats a relevant review of the game currently. I am not saying that SV is perfect. All in all Henrik and MO has come a long way. In my opinion not bad for an underwear model with daddy's money. :)

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Then you know that my gripes with MO (apart of thinking it is not a good sandbox game) have more to do with SV as a company than the deficencies in the game. I have actually stated on these very forums that the game is better than Earthrise or that awful game D&L, agreed with some of the fans regarding the difference of opinions in the game and even defended the company when people here were hoping for it closing.

So again, why do people on these forums lump everyone as a hater and why question my reasonms for posting on a "public" forum? 

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

I think it's because certain games have a magnetism towards a bunch of hate whether it's warranted or not. Nowadays on the site hate has transformed itself into a groupthink enigma and it feeds on itself. It becomes somewhat a means to an end that people derive pleasure from.

Let's take swtor. In theory it's not a badly made game but there's aspects there that some people may not like... The open world pvp for example. So people on the forum exaggerate in their posts saying it's the worst game in all history and predict it will FTP in a year.

I think there are some that just want to have a educated discussion about what the game does well and it's negatives also.

So you have the exaggerators, the rational debators, and finally the fanboys who refuse to try to empathize with those who point out negatives of the game.

In addition you have humans who try to seek validation of their beliefs with others around them. Add that all together and it becomes a battlefield.

It's my wish that we all try to become rational debators about topics on this public forum. Although the world is imperfect and the pessimist in me has little faith in the human race in their ability to get along.
    So putting the above into SVs case...
    A hater would say "Henrik has no idea what he's doing". A rational debator would say "Henrik started out really bad and didn't have as much experience and foresight as he should have, but the ship seems like its steering away from previous choppy water" and the fanboy would say "Henrik is Gods gift to gaming and can do no wrong". Both extremes usually aren't fully truthful and detract from the discussion and doesn't further it.

Now people don't usually get to the rational debating stage where ideas can be exchanged.. I could debate with someone the following rationally... "have you seen the hunger system and the fact I can go down to the river and drink the water?" and another guy could say "no but I don't think I would want to spend my time eating and drinking in my mmo." This in my opinion is a rational discussion.

Anyway I think that's what is going on and the trouble with a large amount of posts on mmorpg today. It's not the sites fault either, it's the posters who fail at rationally debating a topic.
  • GeroltGerolt Member Posts: 98

I think it's because certain games have a magnetism towards a bunch of hate

Yea, that must be it. Especially those made by scammers, crooks, and incompetent losers that can't get a single key-feature done properly without a placeholder mechanic.

Because those games are usually so sophisticated and well-planned that the majority of the players just doesn't "get" why the horses have to be bigger than a house and flying in the sky and why everyone is wearing the same armor as they're standing around looking at each other, jumping up and down like in a bugged Counterstrike map that doesn't reset when the enemy team is dead.

I could debate with someone the following rationally... "have you seen the hunger system and the fact I can go down to the river and drink the water?" and another guy could say "no but I don't think I would want to spend my time eating and drinking in my mmo." This in my opinion is a rational discussion. Anyway I think that's what is going on and the trouble with a large amount of posts on mmorpg today. It's not the sites fault either, it's the posters who fail at rationally debating a topic.

Well maybe it's about time to realize that you aren't the center of the universe and that people will dislike MO for their own reasons that you cannot determine. Ever thought of that?

It's my wish that we all try to become rational debators about topics on this public forum.

I suspect it's noone else's wish to play MO though, completely regardless of what you say, because they think it's shit. Everyone thinks it's shit. I don't see the big deal here or why anyone should let you moderate the direction of this topic.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

While I realize that MO has its faults its still my choice of a game to play and sub to it in its current state.

I dont think all sandbox fans should support it though. For example, I love sandbox games but I dont want to give money to CCP because they have EVE because I dont enjoy playing a ship.

See. A valid opinion I don't agree with but I'm not calling anyone selfish or asking for faith or state that because he doesn't support CCP the entire genre is in danger...

Support doesn't have to be monetary. I also don't like EVE, so I don't play it or pay them money. Still, I do think that CCP is doing good things for the MMO community and sandbox games in particular. Their success is in my best interest even though I can't stand actually playing their game. For this reason, you won't see me repeatedly posting in the EVE forums about how much I dislike it.

The difference is I think SV is doing something bad to the genre and we are all the worse for it...

So let me get this straight. You played the game during beta for a couple days and then deleted it off your hard drive and you have the knowledge to say its doing bad for the genre? I really dont see where your expansive knowledge of the game comes in after a couple days of beta and gleaning whatever knowledge you can from other MO critics on the site? Care to enlighten me?

Beauty of the internet: I don't owe you or anyone any explanations. Go through my past post history if you care to know my issues with the game. 

I did, I know of your issues with the game. And they were all based off the couple days you said you played the game during beta.  Alot of people know MO was bad back in beta with the floating mobs, desync, etc. But to make an opinion of the game now off an opinion of the game during beta isnt really factual.

For example..... here is my opinion of the game. (I played after it went gold and didnt play in beta) And I am currently still play the game....  

Opinion: Many of the game's bugs are gone although I am not currently 100% that no one can exploit into palisades at this time. In addition Im not currently sure if items are 100% not dupe-able. SV has stated that duping is fixed, they sound less sure about the palisade wall exploits in my opinion. Regardless, the game as it sits now is pretty fun to play and challenging pve is not even in the game until next expansion. Crafting/gathering is deep. The hunger/sleep/cooking system is a good addition to the game. Lag switching in fights is almost non-consequential now. I can go through an entire night without incurring 1 bug. Node-switching lag is 99% better (Chunk lag in Vanguard SoH is 10 times worse than in Mortal). Awakening is bringing much needed UI revamp and PVE to the game and the roaming guards should keep criminals off of the main roads unless they are feeling brave like it should be.  Armor dyeing is a welcome addition in the next expansion as well as the removal of vendor sold wood and food, making those professions more meaningful to new players and to cooks.   The population since the "awakening" announcment has increased or its just a figment of my imagination that I see alot of people around (note: that announcement was after the last quarterly report).  All in all MO still has a few things to work on, but it has made alot of progress ever since desync was fixed. With more sand and tools in awakening its shaping up to prove everyone wrong. 

Thats a relevant review of the game currently. I am not saying that SV is perfect. All in all Henrik and MO has come a long way. In my opinion not bad for an underwear model with daddy's money. :)

it is still possible to exploit into a pallisade in MO should you really really want to. However sicne the gate requires a key to open from the inside and outside. Exploiting someone inside has no real benefit. Since sieging cannot happen with the gate/walls intact they wouldtn be able to ninja siege. The only thing they could possibly accomplish is killing macroers inside or checking the pallisade walls for free gear.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

Originally posted by Gerolt

I think it's because certain games have a magnetism towards a bunch of hate

Yea, that must be it. Especially those made by scammers, crooks, and incompetent losers that can't get a single key-feature done properly without a placeholder mechanic.

Because those games are usually so sophisticated and well-planned that the majority of the players just doesn't "get" why the horses have to be bigger than a house and flying in the sky and why everyone is wearing the same armor as they're standing around looking at each other, jumping up and down like in a bugged Counterstrike map that doesn't reset when the enemy team is dead.

I could debate with someone the following rationally... "have you seen the hunger system and the fact I can go down to the river and drink the water?" and another guy could say "no but I don't think I would want to spend my time eating and drinking in my mmo." This in my opinion is a rational discussion. Anyway I think that's what is going on and the trouble with a large amount of posts on mmorpg today. It's not the sites fault either, it's the posters who fail at rationally debating a topic.

Well maybe it's about time to realize that you aren't the center of the universe and that people will dislike MO for their own reasons that you cannot determine. Ever thought of that?

It's my wish that we all try to become rational debators about topics on this public forum.

I suspect it's noone else's wish to play MO though, completely regardless of what you say, because they think it's shit. Everyone thinks it's shit. I don't see the big deal here or why anyone should let you moderate the direction of this topic.

Way to prove his point [mod edit]

• sandboxluvsandboxluv Member Posts: 56

Well that's why opinion's are not facts.

I play and all the bugs are not fixed.  You can exploit into walls, shoot through them, cast through them.  SV has stated many times that they fix dupes but do you know how many versions of dupes there has been??  Also does it change how many duped materials and gold is in game??  Short answer no.   Like I said in a previous post my number 1 hated bug right now is the shield crash bug.  Like I said being able to crash people around you playing with your shield should only be in game at most a couple days not months.  Bugged mounted hitboxes.   Also failed is still in game.   Mobs warping in you and around you.  (oh i know I know "awakening"is coming and it will fix that lol unitil it is stop talking about it.)

Here is the bug tracker.

Projects: 4

Bugs: 146

Responses: 9

Like before it is being ignored.  Atleast now people can not troll it learning how to exploit.  Now they have to trial and error to find the exploits at least. 

From what you wrote you hunt gather and do not get involved in anything big, mostly keep your head down.  Then I can see how you do not run into that many bugs.  But believe me they are there. 

You keep hanging on to what is "coming" from what you write you have been here a while like me.  And I know SV's patch track record.  I am betting not everything will make it in, then there will be some place holders, then there will be systems disabled due to bugs.  And then we should get about 2-3 months of fixes, All the while dealing with a new FOTM, some exploits and maybe a dupe or 3. 

One more thing crafting and gathering is not really that deep.  It is an illusion to deepness.  For instance Alchemy is useless because there are vendors that sell the post everyone uses cheaper than it costs to make them.  I do not buy food from people because vendor food or the crap I get from killing an animal is just as good.  pretty much the armor and weapons I use is the same stuff we have been using for ever. 

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

[mod edit]
    Originally posted by sandboxluv

Well that's why opinion's are not facts.

I play and all the bugs are not fixed.  You can exploit into walls, shoot through them, cast through them.  SV has stated many times that they fix dupes but do you know how many versions of dupes there has been??  Also does it change how many duped materials and gold is in game??  Short answer no.   Like I said in a previous post my number 1 hated bug right now is the shield crash bug.  Like I said being able to crash people around you playing with your shield should only be in game at most a couple days not months.  Bugged mounted hitboxes.   Also failed is still in game.   Mobs warping in you and around you.  (oh i know I know "awakening"is coming and it will fix that lol unitil it is stop talking about it.)

Here is the bug tracker.

Projects: 4

Bugs: 146

Responses: 9

Like before it is being ignored.  Atleast now people can not troll it learning how to exploit.  Now they have to trial and error to find the exploits at least. 

From what you wrote you hunt gather and do not get involved in anything big, mostly keep your head down.  Then I can see how you do not run into that many bugs.  But believe me they are there. 

You keep hanging on to what is "coming" from what you write you have been here a while like me.  And I know SV's patch track record.  I am betting not everything will make it in, then there will be some place holders, then there will be systems disabled due to bugs.  And then we should get about 2-3 months of fixes, All the while dealing with a new FOTM, some exploits and maybe a dupe or 3. 

One more thing crafting and gathering is not really that deep.  It is an illusion to deepness.  For instance Alchemy is useless because there are vendors that sell the post everyone uses cheaper than it costs to make them.  I do not buy food from people because vendor food or the crap I get from killing an animal is just as good.  pretty much the armor and weapons I use is the same stuff we have been using for ever. 

I seriously think that after awakening they should focus on these bugs solely. What is the mount hit box bug? As far as alchemy is concerned what you said may be true with smaller potions but there are bigger pots that would be Valued more than their mats. Not many people have dug deep enough into the recipe. But yeah they still probably should change those smaller pots so it would be beneficial to make them as opposed to buying them.
  • BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

So putting the above into SVs case... A hater would say "Henrik has no idea what he's doing". A rational debator would say "Henrik started out really bad and didn't have as much experience and foresight as he should have, but the ship seems like its steering away from previous choppy water" and the fanboy would say "Henrik is Gods gift to gaming and can do no wrong".

Your example of a "rational debater" contains a subjective statement - that the game is getting noticably better and Henrik is now a competent CEO. That is not a neutral stance, it is someone with a favourable opinion of Henrik's abilities.

I think you will find the vast majority of people who have tried Mortal have a different opinion. A rational person looks at MO and sees the same as most people do, a buggy broken mess that has been mismanaged from the start. That is not opinion, that is fact - just check the financial figures and the state of the game.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

So putting the above into SVs case... A hater would say "Henrik has no idea what he's doing". 

Right, so only rational opinion is Henrik having a rough start but picking up the pace now. If I think he still has no clue about what he is doing I'm automatically a hater. Nice logic.

• RainBringerRainBringer Member Posts: 150

So putting the above into SVs case... A hater would say "Henrik has no idea what he's doing". A rational debator would say "Henrik started out really bad and didn't have as much experience and foresight as he should have, but the ship seems like its steering away from previous choppy water" and the fanboy would say "Henrik is Gods gift to gaming and can do no wrong".

See xDayx, when someone is rational debating about a game which is broken to the core, mismanaged by an incompetent prick and milking its playerbase based solely on promises nearly TWO years after release (and I am being VERY generous in not including, committing an array of credit card fraud, in that list) then you are bound to see a lot of posts that are going to be written off as "hater's speech", regardless of whether these posters are posting 50% truth, 90% truth, 99% truth or the complete truth. After all you cant describe the characteristics of Shit without using the word 'shit' a couple of times atleast and even then you will end up saying how it stinks, how it looks and how badly its not worth buying, right?

You can be rational, civil and still end up posting something that isnt the complete truth for some people on facts that contain point of views. What is a really Really crappy game to me can still be pretty enjoyable to someone else. But if I post my opinion and someone disagrees with it, it doesnt make me a "hater" or wrong and the other person right. It is just a opinion and no matter how much it stinks, you must respect someone else's if you want someone to respect yours.

BUT, when people post facts about a game and then base their comments derived from said facts, then anyone who terms them "haters" is pretty much a fanboy in his own right, even if he doesnt just realize it yet. SV are losing money, its a fact. The population might have gone up due to the articles and viral marketing, its also plausible. People will resub to check out the new "patch", thats a given. But just because MO is experiencing a surge of players (who might not all be subscribers) it doesnt give fanboys any claim to saying MO is getting better just due to the 100 more players they are seeing around either. The minor population "boom" is related to factors that arent related to the actual quality of the game but due to hype, lies and a good chance DF's limbo status.

But I am sorry to say, when you talk about being rational, you need to take a good look at your own posts and see if you are being a hypocrite in what you say. You make a Lot of comments about what the Awakening patch is GOING to bring or GOING to fix. Why dont you hold off making such comments till SV Really delivers whatever they are promising? Like you asked somewhere else, Dawn had the SAME features listed in its release which Awakening is going to have (player made notes and books). Something SV dint implement after saying they would is again going to be included in the features list this time around. See a pattern? Just one example of how this company drags its playerbase on a short leash while milking them ruthlessly.

And finally, Henrick is a joke. This is me being as rational as I can be. If I was a "hater" I would have said and done much more than posting simple articles on this forum, just like a lot of other people would also do if they really were "haters". He has shown no signs of changing his asshatery ways; like hyping crap while giving no proof, refusing to ever give out an actual apology for any credit card fiascos with compensation to anyone who asks and basically acting like a 10 year old whos spoiled rotten by daddy's riches. What 'steering away' are you talking about? This game is still in the red and the worst is yet to come, so I ask you again, if you want to make rational comments then dont talk about a game like MO being safe unless it really IS safe, that just looks like blatant fanboism to me.

P.S. please dont bring SWTOR into discussions about MO since thats a whole new bag of worms and truth be told got nearly nothing in similarity to MO nor deserves any more posts than what it already gets.

• sandboxluvsandboxluv Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by Rabidz

-Agree.

The population has been steadily rising since TC and the influx of new blood is really exiting. Its nice to see the world being more dangerous than ever . I see only a continuation as the future continues.

You know the last quarterly (Q4) which came out after TC shows that this is not true.

• MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182

I haven't played since launch but I just re-subbed as I wanna give it another go, especially with an expansion hopefully releasing within a reasonable timeframe. Anyway, I have only logged in a couple times but I see players everywhere, much more now in all cities then last time I played. I find the amount of players sufficient and almost optimal as there is always someone around but not too much to get frustrated regarding gathering.

So I can truly believe the pop has increased, it feels that way.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

-Agree.

The population has been steadily rising since TC and the influx of new blood is really exiting. Its nice to see the world being more dangerous than ever . I see only a continuation as the future continues.

You know the last quarterly (Q4) which came out after TC shows that this is not true.

You know the latest report to come from SV says that population has increased and saled jumped 50%.

Someone must by wrong, and it's probably the anonymous forum poster not the company who is required by law to give accurate reports.  

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Originally posted by username509

You know the latest report to come from SV says that population has increased and saled jumped 50%.

Someone must by wrong, and it's probably the anonymous forum poster not the company who is required by law to give accurate reports.  

No one said it didn't jump 50%.  50% from what is the question.

Anytime a company talks of a 50% increase without giving a baseline number is full of shit.

BTW, the game is totally dead right now compared to a week ago.  No war = no population.  That has been proven true every time there is a war.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

-Agree.

You are right: that is what the financials are for and they don't paint a rosy picture. However, the CEO/President of a company releasing a press staement stating "population has increased 50%" without providing what the baseline was or publishing actual sub numbers is just marketing/PR and the govmt gives you a heck of a lot more leeway...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Once again, incorrect.  All companies are allowed to use "puffery" in their marketing.  Every game out there says its the greatest and has "ground breaking" new features.  The reason they can do this is because they are allowed to compare it to anything and are not accountable for the comparison and do not have to let the public know what the actual comparison is.  For example, SV could have had sales of the game of 2 subscriptions in Dec 2011 and in January they sold three subs.  This would allow them to advertise a 50% increase in sales. 

You keep posting those grand generalizations and half-truths though...  It only shows potential subscribers of the game just how desperate the situation has become for MO.  Dont you realize if you keep posting this kind of stuff, you might get people to come see the game but they will be sadly disappointed that to them the sub numbers suck and that most of the stuff you guys are saying in the game is broken and not fun?

Seriously, why dont you concentrate on what the game has that works.  Make some videos of actual gameplay, show some people doing things that work in the game and focus on those?  Why resort to the falacies and grandstanding that you know are not an accurate representation to the game?  This has always been the core issue with MO.  It is an Indie company with big dreams but it acts like a top three big developer and pretends it has a top tier product.  CCP did not do this and Eve had the same issue as MO when it launched.  The difference is, CCP focused on the players, listened and continued to make positive changes.  They didnt send people to the forums to spread propaganda and they didnt use rapid censorship of their forums.  

You cant fight hate with lies, it just wont work.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  Isnt that whats going on here?  You continue to fight the hate with lies and have been for over a year.  Has it served you well?  Do you honestly think it is working?  Come on guys, change tactics.  Focus on what the game actually has and you could do some good for SV.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

-Agree.

AS other have pointed out the 50% increase is the lie. The audited accounts (showing a decline in subs) submitted to the tax office are where the truth lies. Lieing in forums simply results in loosing credibility. Lieing to the tax man results in you loosing your freedom (prison).

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

If he was lieing Henrik would already be in prison.  Mortal has been released for about a year and a half now and the company has been around for longer then that.  

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• LustienLustien Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by Talonsin

Once again, incorrect.  All companies are allowed to use "puffery" in their marketing.  Every game out there says its the greatest and has "ground breaking" new features.  The reason they can do this is because they are allowed to compare it to anything and are not accountable for the comparison and do not have to let the public know what the actual comparison is.  For example, SV could have had sales of the game of 2 subscriptions in Dec 2011 and in January they sold three subs.  This would allow them to advertise a 50% increase in sales. 

You keep posting those grand generalizations and half-truths though...  It only shows potential subscribers of the game just how desperate the situation has become for MO.  Dont you realize if you keep posting this kind of stuff, you might get people to come see the game but they will be sadly disappointed that to them the sub numbers suck and that most of the stuff you guys are saying in the game is broken and not fun?

Seriously, why dont you concentrate on what the game has that works.  Make some videos of actual gameplay, show some people doing things that work in the game and focus on those?  Why resort to the falacies and grandstanding that you know are not an accurate representation to the game?  This has always been the core issue with MO.  It is an Indie company with big dreams but it acts like a top three big developer and pretends it has a top tier product.  CCP did not do this and Eve had the same issue as MO when it launched.  The difference is, CCP focused on the players, listened and continued to make positive changes.  They didnt send people to the forums to spread propaganda and they didnt use rapid censorship of their forums.  

You cant fight hate with lies, it just wont work.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  Isnt that whats going on here?  You continue to fight the hate with lies and have been for over a year.  Has it served you well?  Do you honestly think it is working?  Come on guys, change tactics.  Focus on what the game actually has and you could do some good for SV.

The population has increased. Any person can see the difference from most or nearly all towns being empty most of the time to what we have now, where the towns are completely jammed back, that places like fab and meduli, you have to struggle just to target the banker so you can get in your bank.

As a player who played the game since beta, I can tell you now, we have not had a population like this for at least a good 8 months. I guess most of the players are coming over from darkfall which is mainly the reason for the population rise, plus with the awakening expansion very close now. Lastly I don't see why you can't just accept the fact that people playing the game are telling you someone who doesn't play the game that the popualation is steady now and increasing? is it hard to accept that people are actually playing the game? just take a look at politics, AQ was wiped out, a server war is over, towers get built every day, terrorital control towers are going up and down, Moh - ki went red. There is a population in the game, I just subbed both of my accounts for 3 months because the game feels so much alive now, there just so many people in game, that I am constantly getting into fights. You don't really see anyone raging on the forums, you don't see any people who actually play the game shit talking SV.

Mortal Online is a fun game, its different from most others, the developers are close with the community, it has some stuff you do not see in other games, they are using the unreal engine 3 which is really nice, its come a long way since beta, just accept that and move on, you either like a game or you do not, I don't see what all the fuss is about. You talk like the game is a scam and a sham, but its not, it just a indie game with a indie company that has a small team that uses a high tech engine like unreal engine 3.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

from what i can tell the population has once again dipped to what is was end of last quater report.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• LustienLustien Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by deathshroud

from what i can tell the population has once again dipped to what is was end of last quater report.

AQ leaving the game after getting wiped from the tc map didn't have that great of a effect on the population lol.

• realnasterealnaste Member Posts: 98

I really doubt AQ had anything to do with the population decline (if there is any. It's hard for me to tell, since I'm lately in Tox area, which always has been a ghost town)
    I think the latest surge of newbs had more to do with the DF and TOG players being disappointed with their games. Add maybe a little bit of awakening hype, which could not last long since the expac isn't even out or advertised yet, and there you have it- few coincidence leading to a temporary population spike. Anyway Tox is still a bit more populated than I remember it, but that is just thanks to one guild, so I wouldn't treat it as evidence of anything, and even with them, it still is a ghost town.

This discussion has been closed.