Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am playing Aion and enjoying it atm. Why?

sagilsagil Member CommonPosts: 291

First of all, I didn't have the slightest interest in Aion when it was p2p. I played the beta and got high level and quickly thought to myself that I don't want to grind again. 

Aion has gone f2p now. It is SO much better. No more goldfarming spamming, just random people from other countries are in the channels, LFG or asking questions.

I was long burnt out from mmos, but I'm slowly coming back again. I have learnt that I don't like wow clones, pay to play per month with item malls. The reason why one of my friends don't want to play Aion and stick to WoW was that he didn't know what to do. I told him that I don't like his games, and he told me he didn't like mine, so now we go seperate ways in online gaming.

I'm a bit afraid that I will get tired of Aion in a few weeks or so, but it at least is a change of mmo flow for me. It's korean, and I've heard bad things about korean games, but it's not a B-company that has taken and taking care of it. It's looking to me like all western companies are doing wow clones now, which in the end will give them bad reputation. As they are only trying to dig that special diamond that WoW once did.

Sum of this post?

Pay to play is going down. Or at least, I hope so.

Comments

• ch0sen0nech0sen0ne Member UncommonPosts: 87

^^ ditto

I steared far away from this game when it first came out after trying the beta.

Now I'm hooked, can't wait to check out the Abyss.

I'm actually looking forward to the Zerg PvP, tired of arenas.

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
    Why indeed. I downloaded it on Friday night and after a few minutes I've already seen enough. Generic, cluttered, uninspiring environments and predictable gameplay. No atmosphere either. No wonder WoW is still number 1 if this kind of thing is the alternative.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by sagil

It's korean, and I've heard bad things about korean games,

You maybe need to 'hear' less and experience and make your own mind up more.

Just sayin'.

• ch0sen0nech0sen0ne Member UncommonPosts: 87

Originally posted by Mahlo

Why indeed. I downloaded it on Friday night and after a few minutes I've already seen enough. Generic, cluttered, uninspiring environments and predictable gameplay. No atmosphere either. No wonder WoW is still number 1 if this kind of thing is the alternative.

You should pull the WoW blinds back a bit and actually figure out what features the game has to offer. It far beyond your typical Themepark MMO when it comes to PvP and that's what this game is all about.

IMO this is the best themepark MMO on the market atm next to WoW. I may even continue playing this instead of Tera... I can see why this is popular in Korea.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

Originally posted by Mahlo

Uninspiring evironment?  I don't play the game anymore and have my issues with it, but this is laughable.  

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

aion has one major flaw 2 faction only!you ll have more fun playing silkroad online at endgame!does l2 has 3 faction?

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

L2 has no fixed factions only player-made alliances. Well, at various stages of the game's history there have been factional conflicts in which players can take one side or another, but these are not the main focus of PvP in the game.

I vaguely remember it being stated around the time of the western launch that the intent with Aion was to have a pseudo 3-faction setup with the 3rd faction (Balaur) used to balance things out if either the Elyos or Asmodians looked like getting the upper hand. I possibly remember wrong, in any case this has manifestly not happened & many servers became grotesquely imbalanced.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Originally posted by dancingstar

L2 has no fixed factions only player-made alliances. Well, at various stages of the game's history there have been factional conflicts in which players can take one side or another, but these are not the main focus of PvP in the game.

I vaguely remember it being stated around the time of the western launch that the intent with Aion was to have a pseudo 3-faction setup with the 3rd faction (Balaur) used to balance things out if either the Elyos or Asmodians looked like getting the upper hand. I possibly remember wrong, in any case this has manifestly not happened & many servers became grotesquely imbalanced.

You are absolutely correct. The touted that the Balaur were suppposed to be the third faction. Problem is they just don't do a good job of balancing. very dissapoining. Love the game but the pvp turned me off because I hate standing in a fort with no one attacking and then "ding" it's over and here are some medals.

Still, I love many things about the game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo